GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Nov 2018, 21:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • How to QUICKLY Solve GMAT Questions - GMAT Club Chat

November 20, 2018

November 20, 2018

09:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

The reward for signing up with the registration form and attending the chat is: 6 free examPAL quizzes to practice your new skills after the chat.
  • The winning strategy for 700+ on the GMAT

November 20, 2018

November 20, 2018

06:00 PM EST

07:00 PM EST

What people who reach the high 700's do differently? We're going to share insights, tips and strategies from data we collected on over 50,000 students who used examPAL.

Verbal too low!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Verbal too low!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2018, 05:52
One month is left to take my GMAT exam, but after practising a lot of Verbal questions I can't increase my scores above 30, what can I follow in this one month to propel my scores atleast 40+?

I took one GMATPrep full length test, Q49 V30 IR4.. please help what can be done in this one month

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Verbal too low!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2018, 10:21
I am afraid one month won’t cut it. Gmat prep 30 means in real exam u will probably score less. 40+ can take about half a year of consistent study.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
S
Re: Verbal too low!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2018, 14:18
ayanghosh wrote:
One month is left to take my GMAT exam, but after practising a lot of Verbal questions I can't increase my scores above 30, what can I follow in this one month to propel my scores atleast 40+?

I took one GMATPrep full length test, Q49 V30 IR4.. please help what can be done in this one month

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi ayanghosh!

I apologize for the delay here!

It will definitely be quite difficult to raise your score by that amount in such a relatively short amount of time. However, there are a few things that you can do in the next few weeks to help maximize your score!

First, I highly recommend downloading Magoosh's idiom flashcard set:
GMAT Idiom Flashcards

Drilling those on your phone will help you with many basics.

I also recommend reading through this article:
How to Improve Your GMAT Verbal Score

It covers all the essential things you need to do to improve your Verbal score, regardless of the amount of time you have to study :-)

One very important thing you should be doing in these last few weeks is going back through your old incorrect questions. One of the most important parts of studying effectively, possibly the most important part, is learning from your mistakes. That means carefully revisiting every single question you get wrong and spending ample time analyzing why you got it wrong, how you could have gotten it right, and what you can learn to avoid the mistake in the future.

Mike wrote an awesome blog post about this some time ago which I highly recommend. Basically, studying your mistakes gives you maximum improvement. So, go back through the explanations, study the related concepts, research any methods you're not comfortable with that are mentioned in the solution, and really analyze the questions. Doing so will help you solidify your understanding of the question and concepts being tested, preparing yourself for similar questions in the future.

As you go back through the old questions, try to notice any patterns in your incorrect answers. You'll probably find that there are specific question types, or concepts, that you tend to struggle with. Those are the ones that you want to focus on. When you identify an area like this, look up the relevant strategies for that particular question type or subject. A good starting point for that is the Magoosh Blog - just search for whatever you want to work on. The blog also has additional strategies, as well as challenge practice questions :-)

I hope this is helpful! Let me know if you have further questions about anything here :-)
-Carolyn

Magoosh Test Prep

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Verbal too low! &nbs [#permalink] 26 Aug 2018, 14:18

Verbal too low!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap