GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2018, 07:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Veritas Prep - Test Accuracy

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Veritas Prep - Test Accuracy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 04:31
Hello guys,

I'd like to know if anybody of you here have recently taken veritas prep gmat tests. I have subscribed for their 7 practice tests (got them for around 15€) after looking at a list posted on this website.
I have been getting 730 in the last 3 tests, with the same splits too (Q51 - V39). Now, I'm starting to think if these practice tests scores are accurate enough for me to gain a little confidence. Are they a good representation of the actual GMAT? 730 was also the target score I had set on Veritas' website.

Kindly help me out on this.

Thanks a lot guys and good luck!

P.S : I'm saving up the official GMAT CATs for the final week of prep
Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesMath Revolution Discount CodesEMPOWERgmat Discount Codes
VP
VP
V
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GMAT 1: 480 Q38 V22
GPA: 3.01
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Veritas Prep - Test Accuracy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 02 Apr 2018, 09:43
karthikdetermined wrote:
Hello guys,

I'd like to know if anybody of you here have recently taken veritas prep gmat tests. I have subscribed for their 7 practice tests (got them for around 15€) after looking at a list posted on this website.
I have been getting 730 in the last 3 tests, with the same splits too (Q51 - V39). Now, I'm starting to think if these practice tests scores are accurate enough for me to gain a little confidence. Are they a good representation of the actual GMAT? 730 was also the target score I had set on Veritas' website.

Kindly help me out on this.

Thanks a lot guys and good luck!

P.S : I'm saving up the official GMAT CATs for the final week of prep

Hi,

I would like to tell you that no tests can tell your level as accurately as GMATprep free or paid tests can. So, IMO it is time for you to check your level with different TEST PREP companies' tests i.e., Magoosh, Manhattan, Math Revolution etc, because it will average out your score better.

For Veritas tests, I think their Verbal section is a bit more difficult than actual GMAT Verbal, and scoring is a bit tight.

QZ

"Do not watch clock; Do what it does. KEEP GOING."

Originally posted by AkshdeepS on 02 Apr 2018, 09:30.
Last edited by AkshdeepS on 02 Apr 2018, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Veritas Prep - Test Accuracy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 09:30
Hi!

Please check this post:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-practice-test-accuracy-209814.html?fl=similar

Hope this helps

Non progredi est regredi

EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Veritas Prep - Test Accuracy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 10:31
Hi karthikdetermined,

The scoring algorithm on the Official GMAT is far more complicated than most people realize. Since that algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. While the most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC, the 'blocks' of CATs available from Kaplan, MGMAT and Veritas are all 'close enough' to the real thing that they'll give you a reasonably accurate score assessment (assuming that you correctly use the CAT).

GMAC has publicly stated that the Official Score that you earn on Test Day is within +/- 30 points of actual ability. Assuming a similar 'swing' in how your CATs function, your 3 CAT score results show that you essentially performed the same each time - and these scores are similar to your prior Official GMAT Score (from 4 years ago, which you descried here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/my-debrief-6 ... l#p1323297). Thus, it stands to reason that you're still scoring at the same high overall level as before.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Veritas Prep - Test Accuracy &nbs [#permalink] 02 Apr 2018, 10:31

Veritas Prep - Test Accuracy

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap