It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 07:26

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wed, Nov 1: Open Admission Chat with MBA Expert of mbaMission

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3851 [0], given: 2464

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Wed, Nov 1: Open Admission Chat with MBA Expert of mbaMission [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 07:31

Wed, Nov 1, 2017 - 9 AM PST/4 PM GMT - Ask Anything to MBA Experts in an Open Chat

Want to know which schools suit best to your profile and your post MBA aspirations? Want to learn strategies to craft a thoughtful and stand-out MBA application? Join us on Nov 1st with MBA experts of mbaMission in open MBA chat session. They will be in chat room between 9am - 11am PDT to answer your questions on MBA applications.

What is open MBA chat?

1. It's a 2 hour informal chat with MBA expert without any specific topic/agenda.

2. You can ask anything to experts: Chat platform is open for all types of questions. Applicants can discuss their queries/problems with MBA admission experts regarding school selection, applications, essays, recommendations, interviews, resumes, and all other parts of MBA application. You can even chat with experts on other topics e.g. Schools' admission policies, current admission trends, upcoming challenges in MBA industry, etc. You are also welcome to discuss profile related queries with experts.

3. No Chat Recording/No Transcript: We will not monitor the chat discussion, nor we will publish the chat transcript on forum, so applicants can freely discuss anything regarding their profiles, background, etc., with MBA experts.

Where?
GMAT Club Chat Room http://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu

When?
Nov 1st, 2017. Time: 9am PDT / 4pm GMT / 9:30pm IST
Add this event to your Google calendar

See Full MBA Chat Schedule Here.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmatclub-mba ... 41709.html
-

100+ Interview Debriefs from GMAT Club members

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Re: Wed, Nov 1: Open Admission Chat with MBA Expert of mbaMission [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 07:53
We are starting the chat session in 5 minutes. Join us in the chat if you have any questions for MBA expert.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu

Narenn wrote:

Wed, Nov 1, 2017 - 9 AM PST/4 PM GMT - Ask Anything to MBA Experts in an Open Chat

Want to know which schools suit best to your profile and your post MBA aspirations? Want to learn strategies to craft a thoughtful and stand-out MBA application? Join us on Nov 1st with MBA experts of mbaMission in open MBA chat session. They will be in chat room between 9am - 11am PDT to answer your questions on MBA applications.

What is open MBA chat?

1. It's a 2 hour informal chat with MBA expert without any specific topic/agenda.

2. You can ask anything to experts: Chat platform is open for all types of questions. Applicants can discuss their queries/problems with MBA admission experts regarding school selection, applications, essays, recommendations, interviews, resumes, and all other parts of MBA application. You can even chat with experts on other topics e.g. Schools' admission policies, current admission trends, upcoming challenges in MBA industry, etc. You are also welcome to discuss profile related queries with experts.

3. No Chat Recording/No Transcript: We will not monitor the chat discussion, nor we will publish the chat transcript on forum, so applicants can freely discuss anything regarding their profiles, background, etc., with MBA experts.

Where?
GMAT Club Chat Room http://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu

When?
Nov 1st, 2017. Time: 9am PDT / 4pm GMT / 9:30pm IST
Add this event to your Google calendar

See Full MBA Chat Schedule Here.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmatclub-mba ... 41709.html
-

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Re: Wed, Nov 1: Open Admission Chat with MBA Expert of mbaMission [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 08:24

Live from MBA Chat....

Q: I am in the process of R2 applications, and the thing I am confused about is to choose among the potential 3 short-term goals I have, all of them align with my long-term goal. How do I choose? Also, while writing the short-term goal, should I also consider the college location, previous employers, ease of Visa etc?

Jessica: I would start by looking at the employers that hire from your schools. Check the employment report. It’s good to pick a goal that is represented by those employers. After that, if they all lead to your long term goal, just pick the one that offers the best transition from what you do now. You could also discuss 2: "I see two paths for achieving my long-term goal" - that’s fine!

Q: How is a gap of 5 months in work exp looked at by adcom? If it is for family reasons, is it necessary to explain in optional essay?

Jessica: Yes, I would explain any gap longer than 3 months in the essay, but if you were doing something of value (as it sounds like you were), and then returned to a job, I doubt it will be an issue at all. You don’t have to go into a lot of detail, but a sentence or two would be good.

MBA expert will be in the chat room for next 1.5 hours. If you have any questions you can join the chat here.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu

Re: Wed, Nov 1: Open Admission Chat with MBA Expert of mbaMission   [#permalink] 01 Nov 2017, 08:24

Wed, Nov 1: Open Admission Chat with MBA Expert of mbaMission

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap