It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 17:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wed, Oct 25: Open Admission Chat with MBA Expert of Fortuna

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3798 [0], given: 2447

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Wed, Oct 25: Open Admission Chat with MBA Expert of Fortuna [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 10:10

Wed, Oct 25, 2017 - 9 AM PST/4 PM GMT - Ask Anything to MBA Experts in an Open Chat

Want to know which schools suit best to your profile and your post MBA aspirations? Want to learn strategies to craft a thoughtful and stand-out MBA application? Join us on Oct 25th with MBA experts of Fortuna Admissions in open MBA chat session. They will be in chat room between 9am - 11am PDT to answer your questions on MBA applications.

What is open MBA chat?

1. It's a 2 hour informal chat with MBA expert without any specific topic/agenda.

2. You can ask anything to experts: Chat platform is open for all types of questions. Applicants can discuss their queries/problems with MBA admission experts regarding school selection, applications, essays, recommendations, interviews, resumes, and all other parts of MBA application. You can even chat with experts on other topics e.g. Schools' admission policies, current admission trends, upcoming challenges in MBA industry, etc. You are also welcome to discuss profile related queries with experts.

3. No Chat Recording/No Transcript: We will not monitor the chat discussion, nor we will publish the chat transcript on forum, so applicants can freely discuss anything regarding their profiles, background, etc., with MBA experts.

Where?
GMAT Club Chat Room http://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu

When?
Oct 25, 2017. Time: 9am PDT / 4pm GMT / 9:30pm IST
Add this event to your Google calendar

See Full MBA Chat Schedule Here.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmatclub-mba ... 41709.html
-

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Re: Wed, Oct 25: Open Admission Chat with MBA Expert of Fortuna [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 09:02
We have started the chat session. Join us in the chat if you have any questions for MBA expert.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu

Narenn wrote:

Wed, Oct 25, 2017 - 9 AM PST/4 PM GMT - Ask Anything to MBA Experts in an Open Chat

Want to know which schools suit best to your profile and your post MBA aspirations? Want to learn strategies to craft a thoughtful and stand-out MBA application? Join us on Oct 25th with MBA experts of Fortuna Admissions in open MBA chat session. They will be in chat room between 9am - 11am PDT to answer your questions on MBA applications.

What is open MBA chat?

1. It's a 2 hour informal chat with MBA expert without any specific topic/agenda.

2. You can ask anything to experts: Chat platform is open for all types of questions. Applicants can discuss their queries/problems with MBA admission experts regarding school selection, applications, essays, recommendations, interviews, resumes, and all other parts of MBA application. You can even chat with experts on other topics e.g. Schools' admission policies, current admission trends, upcoming challenges in MBA industry, etc. You are also welcome to discuss profile related queries with experts.

3. No Chat Recording/No Transcript: We will not monitor the chat discussion, nor we will publish the chat transcript on forum, so applicants can freely discuss anything regarding their profiles, background, etc., with MBA experts.

Where?
GMAT Club Chat Room http://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu

When?
Oct 25, 2017. Time: 9am PDT / 4pm GMT / 9:30pm IST
Add this event to your Google calendar

See Full MBA Chat Schedule Here.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmatclub-mba ... 41709.html
-

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Wed, Oct 25: Open Admission Chat with MBA Expert of Fortuna [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 09:42

Live From MBA Chat

Q: Hi Mellisa, NYU Stern Vs UCLA, which should be my 1st preference for MBA with specialization in Media?

Mellisa: Both of those schools are currently ranked as the top for media (currently UCLA #1 and NYU #2) so I can’t really say one is better for you than the other. One’s in the west and one’s in the east....where would you like to study? Where would you like to end up post MBA? Sometimes it helps being closer to where you want to end up post MBA. I would visit both schools and get a feel for the campus, the students, professors etc (or join info sessions online or in your city if possible) to see which one is a better fit for you.

Q: Hi Mellisa, should I address my low gpa during graduate school in my optional essay if I have a GMAT 750 and a 3.6 undergrad gpa? And if the gpa does not appear in my transcript, what should I do in terms of reporting in the application? Thank you

Melissa: I wouldn’t bother in the optional essay as your GPA isn’t that low in fact! I would say yes if it was lower. But with your stellar gmat, I wouldn’t worry - what percentiles did you get on quant and verbal? Also why is your GPA not on the transcript?

Q: What do you think how one should answer these questions 1. Do you think MBA is a good investment of time and money? 2. Would you like to change anything at our B School? I am talking about interview specifically

Melissa: For number 1 I would just mention the ROI not in terms of financials but include the network, the experience, friends made, alumni, classroom experience (including diversity in the class), clubs, access to recruiters, etc. Those kinds of things are invaluable . For essay2 that is so odd. You obviously don’t know the school that well if you haven’t gone there! Are there things you have flagged in your research or talking to students that you wish was different? I guess you could start by focusing on the strengths of the school that you see - and be honest that it’s hard to identify what you would change until you’ve been through it. You could also speak to other students/alumni in advance and ask them about weakness of the school.

MBA expert will be in the chat room for next 1.5 hours. If you have any questions you can join the chat here.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu

Wed, Oct 25: Open Admission Chat with MBA Expert of Fortuna   [#permalink] 25 Oct 2017, 09:42

Wed, Oct 25: Open Admission Chat with MBA Expert of Fortuna

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap