Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:07 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Re: Weekend MBA from booth. Can I quit day-time job? [#permalink]
cheetarah1980 wrote:
candayam wrote:
deepagmat82 wrote:
While pursuing a weekend MBA at booth, can I quit my day-time job to look for internship opportunities in my area of interest?
Or does the school always expect its students to be fully-employed?

Thanks

If you plan to quit your job, why not just do the full time MBA?

^^^^
Yes, this exactly. But to answer your question Booth does not have employment requirements for the Evening/Weekend MBA program. I know quite a few PT students who quit their jobs and essentially go full time. Just know that if you are looking for an internship you will not have access to on campus recruiting and resource. You will however have full access to full-time recruiting once you have secured enough credits (10 I think, but don't quote me on that).

The important question is: Can part time students take classes in the morning with the full-time students? and participate in student clubs/day time events?

Disclaimer: I have not applied to any part-time programs.
VP
VP
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
candayam wrote:
If you plan to quit your job, why not just do the full time MBA?

^^^^
Yes, this exactly. But to answer your question Booth does not have employment requirements for the Evening/Weekend MBA program. I know quite a few PT students who quit their jobs and essentially go full time. Just know that if you are looking for an internship you will not have access to on campus recruiting and resource. You will however have full access to full-time recruiting once you have secured enough credits (10 I think, but don't quote me on that).

The important question is: Can part time students take classes in the morning with the full-time students? and participate in student clubs/day time events?

Disclaimer: I have not applied to any part-time programs.

Yes PT students can take daytime classes with the full-time students. However, full-time students can also take evening and weekend classes. It's the same professors and classes just different sections. Students can bid on classes outside their home program in phase 3 of the bid cycle. This makes sure that students can get the classes they want in their home program in phases 1 and 2 before they go up for grabs to the entire Booth student body.

As far as club participation it depends on the clubs. PT students have their own clubs so I don't see much overlap in membership although both programs' (FT and PT) clubs will often open up events to the other. Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey cheetarah1980,

Is it often for spots to be available after phase 1 and 2, or are the chances of gaining a spot are actually quite rare when applying for classes in the other program?

I have been admitted to the part time program, and, with my work schedule, I could easily attend daytime classes. I feel that would be a huge benefit in expanding those I meet in the program, rather than isolating myself to one program group.

I appreciate any feedback!

cheetarah1980 wrote:
Yes PT students can take daytime classes with the full-time students. However, full-time students can also take evening and weekend classes. It's the same professors and classes just different sections. Students can bid on classes outside their home program in phase 3 of the bid cycle. This makes sure that students can get the classes they want in their home program in phases 1 and 2 before they go up for grabs to the entire Booth student body.

As far as club participation it depends on the clubs. PT students have their own clubs so I don't see much overlap in membership although both programs' (FT and PT) clubs will often open up events to the other. Hope this helps.
VP
VP
Send PM
Endowing wrote:
Hey cheetarah1980,

Is it often for spots to be available after phase 1 and 2, or are the chances of gaining a spot are actually quite rare when applying for classes in the other program?

I have been admitted to the part time program, and, with my work schedule, I could easily attend daytime classes. I feel that would be a huge benefit in expanding those I meet in the program, rather than isolating myself to one program group.

I appreciate any feedback!

It's going to depend on the class. If it's a really popular professor then it's not likely. It just depends on how many spots are open at the end of each phase, how many bid points you have and willing to bid.

Last quarter I was able to get into the evening section of a very popular professor without spending any points. I watched the class enrollment, waited until add/drop (Phase 6), and hopped online and added the class as soon as the phase opened. A lot of my classmates take evening classes. Fewer PT students that daytime classes but I think that has to do with the fact that most of them work. I did have a PT student in my marketing class winter quarter. It's hard to give a concrete answer. You'll just have to see what the landscape is through trial and error.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Booth Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Booth Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Booth Forum for all fresh things related to the Booth MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts