It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 00:36

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Wharton vs Cornell Johnson w/ Park Fellowship

new topic post reply Update application status  

• 30% [3]
  • 70% [7]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Wharton vs Cornell Johnson w/ Park Fellowship [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2017, 09:33
Looking for some advice. I am sponsored by my company to attend B-School if I return for two years, but want to come back in strategy instead of technology consulting so need to get the credentials in B-school to do so. I was lucky enough to get the Park Fellowship at Cornell Johnson (full tuition) and also get into Wharton. Since I have a guaranteed job I'm debating if it matters going to a #16 vs a #1? I am considering only going back for a few years so also debating the long term value of the Wharton name vs the Cornell name

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Retired Moderator
S

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 82

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Wharton vs Cornell Johnson w/ Park Fellowship [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2017, 09:36
kgporterfield wrote:
Looking for some advice. I am sponsored by my company to attend B-School if I return for two years, but want to come back in strategy instead of technology consulting so need to get the credentials in B-school to do so. I was lucky enough to get the Park Fellowship at Cornell Johnson (full tuition) and also get into Wharton. Since I have a guaranteed job I'm debating if it matters going to a #16 vs a #1? I am considering only going back for a few years so also debating the long term value of the Wharton name vs the Cornell name

If I understand correctly, you go to Wharton >> return to old job
IF you go to cornell >> free to switch jobs?

If you want to head back to your current company, go to wharton - no question.

If you want the option of switching, then it becomes a tougher question - what is your background, where do you wanna work? etc etc

Wharton is one hell of a brand to have on your CV.

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 82

VP
VP
P

Kudos [?]: 302 [0], given: 166

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2017, 14:37
kgporterfield wrote:

I do not understand the situation clearly. What will happen if you accept Cornell offer? Are you free t join another employer. Also what are your short and long term goals?

Kudos [?]: 302 [0], given: 166

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2017, 18:11
I would go to wharton...it sounds like you are sponsored so utimately will not have to pay for school right. Then I would def go Wharton

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Re: Wharton vs Cornell Johnson w/ Park Fellowship   [#permalink] 11 Apr 2017, 18:11

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap