Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 21:49 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22071 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: What are my best next steps for the GMAT? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi OGorFocus,

Considering the classic GMAT will be gone in around 3 weeks; I think the move is to switch to the focus version.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4656 [0]
Given Kudos: 633
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
OGorFocus wrote:
2. Would a bad result on the OG GMAT (570) and then a good result on the GMAT Focus - reflect badly?

Hi OGorFocus,

You shouldn't worry about this. Most schools are interested in only your highest score, and more importantly, if you haven't already sent your GMAT score to your target programs, they won't even see your earlier score when you report your FE score.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64956 [0]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Expert Reply
OGorFocus wrote:
Hi experts,

Long-term fan and also student of some of your courses. I am currently in a tricky situation.

I took the Official GMAT Exam in November 2023 and scored 570 (score not cancelled). Since then I have studied hard (~2 months) and am now testing at around ~660 - still short of a goal of 740+. I am still lacking the test day efficiency in Verbal Reasoning especially when it comes to Critical Reasoning and Sentence Correction despite the efforts.

Originally, I was planning to take the exam on the 12th of January but at this rate - I don't think it is pragmatic to do so, especially if verbal section is not holding up. As such, I have two key questions:
1. Would it be better to hold off on prepare for the GMAT Focus? My initial thinking is that, (1) I am bad at Sentence Correction/Geometry and (2) I am better at Integrated Reasoning/Algebra. In addition, a short test would be less taxing.
2. Would a bad result on the OG GMAT (570) and then a good result on the GMAT Focus - reflect badly?

Thanks in advance for your time and efforts.

OGorFocus

Here

If it is Classic GMAT online or GMAT Focus, you cannot cancel the score but you can choose to not send it to any school. The schools will only see the scores you specifically send them, not all your scores.

Check out this official link: https://support.mba.com/hc/en-us/articl ... -My-Score-

A bad result on a previous test and a good result on a current test will reflect very positively on your profile. It shows the intent to work to improve, to not get bogged down by one bad result, to carry on putting in efforts. Do not worry. Objectively, only your highest score is taken into account while considering your application.

Check out this post on mba.com: https://www.mba.com/exams-and-exam-prep ... gmat-score
GMAT Club Bot