Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'll give you a full week as I don't think there's such a thing as a typical day.

The actual schedule depends on a bunch of things, and early on heavily depend on how many courses you have and what these courses are like. About half of my coursework has been Economics courses (Microeconomics, Econometrics, Contract Theory, Game Theory, the like) while the other half have been Finance and Accounting seminars. The econ courses were usually lighter on reading but heavier on problem sets ("Prove or disprove the following: demand can be written as a function of aggregate wealth if and only if preferences are homothetic"). This means a pretty variable load over time, but if you take the hardest undergrad course you ever had and multiply the time spent by 1.5 this is pretty much it.

On the other hand, field seminars are usually much more time-consuming because you read many journal articles (anywhere from 2 to 6 per week per course, articles are usually from 15 to 40 pages long). Most of the seminars I attended had student presentations, so you can expect to have to present a few articles per course, whether on an informal basis (ie. present the intuition and that's it) or a more formal way (powerpoint, dive into the proofs, make a numerical example, present a possible extension, etc.) To this you add the weekly (or so) workshops where you read yet another article and sometimes meet privately with the (guest) speaker to discuss his own research.

In all, I'd say the first semesters were harder because the course load was more intensive, there was a lot to read, and the math was just at a much different level than I'd ever been exposed to, so I spent every day, most evenings and some weekends on coursework. Lately my coursework has been lighter so I usually don't work at night (and hang out on forums like this one) and I usually have at least Saturday PM and Sundays off.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2 
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4380 posts