GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 07:23

ISB R1 results on Nov 15:

Join Chat Room for Live Updates

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Free GMAT Strategy Webinar

November 17, 2018

November 17, 2018

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Nov. 17, 7 AM PST. Aiming to score 760+? Attend this FREE session to learn how to Define your GMAT Strategy, Create your Study Plan and Master the Core Skills to excel on the GMAT.
  • GMATbuster's Weekly GMAT Quant Quiz # 9

November 17, 2018

November 17, 2018

09:00 AM PST

11:00 AM PST

Join the Quiz Saturday November 17th, 9 AM PST. The Quiz will last approximately 2 hours. Make sure you are on time or you will be at a disadvantage.

What type of Material to use for Practice ?. (GMAT PREP MATERIAL)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.41
WE: Business Development (Accounting)
Reviews Badge
What type of Material to use for Practice ?. (GMAT PREP MATERIAL)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2017, 05:59
Hi

I have been using this platform for a while, although Gmat Club is great, for me ( i am sure many others) the material here is a lot to go through. You can easily be lost in so many questions, then so many brands offering their take on Gmat like ( Veritas, Magoosh, Manhattan, Gmat Prep) etc. My approach is ( Which I am hoping experts and veterans will correct) that I go for Official guide questions topic wise. First How solid is this approach? secondly, will this ensure a 700 + score? And how accurate are these big names on Gmat club like Veritas, e GMAT etc in their authenticity with relevant Gmat questions especially when it comes to Quant.

Kindly express your views, it would be really helpful.
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: What type of Material to use for Practice ?. (GMAT PREP MATERIAL)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2017, 16:34
Hi mtk10,

Unfortunately, there's no "guaranteed way" to train to score 700+. That score is approximately the 90th percentile, meaning that 90% of Test Takers will never score that high on the Official GMAT, regardless of how long they study or the number of times they take the Exam. Over the last month, you've seemed focused on finding the "right" practice questions, but what you really need is proper training material and guidance - so that you can learn all of the Tactics, patterns and little 'secrets' to the GMAT. Working through lots of practice questions isn't the most effective way to gain all of that knowledge, so you might want to consider adjusting how you're approaching this process.

Before I can offer you and additional advice, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for each)?

Goals:
4) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
6) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: McCombs
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V40
GPA: 2.99
WE: Education (Consulting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: What type of Material to use for Practice ?. (GMAT PREP MATERIAL)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2017, 18:53
Player, Before dropping large coin, I am getting up to speed with "used" books from eBay and thrift stores. I've also taken advantage of over 100 hours of free video instruction from various vendors. The older OG's have a lot of good practice questions. Many prep websites offer video solutions to some of these OG questions. Once I get 560 in practice tests, then I'll consider dropping some C's. Peace...

McCombs MBA 1990, Hook'Em Horns. I am helping my son prep for 2019, while trying to keep a 66 y.o. brain active. ;-)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2017, 23:50
mtk10 wrote:
Hi

I have been using this platform for a while, although Gmat Club is great, for me ( i am sure many others) the material here is a lot to go through. You can easily be lost in so many questions, then so many brands offering their take on Gmat like ( Veritas, Magoosh, Manhattan, Gmat Prep) etc. My approach is ( Which I am hoping experts and veterans will correct) that I go for Official guide questions topic wise. First How solid is this approach? secondly, will this ensure a 700 + score? And how accurate are these big names on Gmat club like Veritas, e GMAT etc in their authenticity with relevant Gmat questions especially when it comes to Quant.

Going through the official material keeps you really close to the target . I would suggest one can go fro EMpower or EGMAT for preparation support. As a student my maxiumum use of Manhattan and veritas was only for Test series
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.41
WE: Business Development (Accounting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 01:27
gmat1307 wrote:
mtk10 wrote:
Hi

Going through the official material keeps you really close to the target . I would suggest one can go fro EMpower or EGMAT for preparation support. As a student my maxiumum use of Manhattan and veritas was only for Test series

Have you tried Gmat club tests ? If so how well did it help you for both quant and verbal?

And yea i have heard good things about e gmat, but i invested in veritas which i felt is very average in terms of prep for verbal.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 01:31
mtk10 wrote:
gmat1307 wrote:
mtk10 wrote:
Hi

Have you tried Gmat club tests ? If so how well did it help you for both quant and verbal?

And yea i have heard good things about e gmat, but i invested in veritas which i felt is very average in terms of prep for verbal.

GMAT club tests can only be tested if you have prepared well with OG, They have a certain level and they cant be handled withoout prep. I used E gmat for Verbal and it helps. Quant i think GMAT club's material is enough.. In case of any doubts you can post here generally quant moderators give good replies, so need to spend too much.

Thanks

if you find it useful do give Kudos :)
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 08:09
Top Contributor
You may also be interested in the GMAT Pill online question bank: www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test

The questions themselves are free, but a paid membership is required for detailed video explanations.

Take a look at this sample video to see if it suits your learning style: http://www.gmatpill.com/sentencecorrect ... ythons.mp4
GMAT Club Bot
Re: What type of Material to use for Practice ?. (GMAT PREP MATERIAL) &nbs [#permalink] 11 Dec 2017, 08:09

What type of Material to use for Practice ?. (GMAT PREP MATERIAL)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap