GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jun 2019, 20:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Which B School for an online MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Which B School for an online MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 12:37
Hello everyone, looking for some advice. I have decided to go back to school after several years out of it. A bit of background on myself:
*35 years old/U.S. citizen
*bilingual/Hispanic
*Bachelor’s degree in CJ Administration.
*U.S. Army MP for five years.
*Work for the federal government in law enforcement/investigation for 12 years.
*Will be using the post 9/11 GI Bill for part of the program (don’t have enough benefits to cover all costs of the program).

I’m completing the online MBA to further my current federal career. Will be switching careers in about 8 years when I can retire from my federal employment. Once I retire, I’m wanting to start a business, real estate or get into consulting. I currently live in Puerto Rico but will be moving to the east coast in the future (FL, SC, NC, PA, MD, DC or VA).

On my list currently are:
Penn State/Smeal
Indiana/Kelley
UNC/Kenan-Flagler
George Mason University/ School of Business

Of course, Kenan-Flagler is at the top of my list due to its reputation and ranking but I have the same concern as many which is cost of the program and from attending online not sure how much I will be able to expand my network or the common in-person benefits that come from attending a top institution. The other universities I have picked them based on more or less the same online MBA ranking and cost and location.

My main question is from my background, current and future plans and future locations is there an online MBA program you would definitely pick over the other one? If so, why? I am also open to other online MBA programs I did not mention here for the region I'm planning on moving to.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.67
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Which B School for an online MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2018, 13:21
JoseD12 wrote:
Hello everyone, looking for some advice. I have decided to go back to school after several years out of it. A bit of background on myself:
*35 years old/U.S. citizen
*bilingual/Hispanic
*Bachelor’s degree in CJ Administration.
*U.S. Army MP for five years.
*Work for the federal government in law enforcement/investigation for 12 years.
*Will be using the post 9/11 GI Bill for part of the program (don’t have enough benefits to cover all costs of the program).

I’m completing the online MBA to further my current federal career. Will be switching careers in about 8 years when I can retire from my federal employment. Once I retire, I’m wanting to start a business, real estate or get into consulting. I currently live in Puerto Rico but will be moving to the east coast in the future (FL, SC, NC, PA, MD, DC or VA).

On my list currently are:
Penn State/Smeal
Indiana/Kelley
UNC/Kenan-Flagler
George Mason University/ School of Business

Of course, Kenan-Flagler is at the top of my list due to its reputation and ranking but I have the same concern as many which is cost of the program and from attending online not sure how much I will be able to expand my network or the common in-person benefits that come from attending a top institution. The other universities I have picked them based on more or less the same online MBA ranking and cost and location.

My main question is from my background, current and future plans and future locations is there an online MBA program you would definitely pick over the other one? If so, why? I am also open to other online MBA programs I did not mention here for the region I'm planning on moving to.

Which MBA concentration (Major) are you aiming for?
Re: Which B School for an online MBA   [#permalink] 31 Dec 2018, 13:21

Which B School for an online MBA

new topic post reply Update application status