GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 25 May 2018, 15:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Which GMAT Course to take?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Which Course?

• 100% [2]
  • 0% [0]
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Which GMAT Course to take? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2018, 23:49
Hi.
I am planning to start my GMAT Prep this month and plan to give it in the month of July / August.

My target score is 710 + ( I have not taken any diagnostic test yet ).

I have kept e-gmat and the economist as my two options.

I have read the reviews for both and they are pretty good. However, a couple of my friends have taken the economist course and highly recommend it. I have one read online reviews fo e-gmat and not come across anyone personally who has taken it.

I am confused between the two since both have good reviews on gmat club and i am unable to decide. My Quant is weak and Verbal is average. I will be dedicating the next 2-3 months just to GMAT.

Please help me / recommend a whether I should opt for e-gmat or economist.

Thanks!! :-)
Economist GMAT Tutor Discount CodesEMPOWERgmat Discount CodesJamboree Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Which GMAT Course to take? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2018, 10:52
This post received
KUDOS
YashSan wrote:
Hi.
I am planning to start my GMAT Prep this month and plan to give it in the month of July / August.

I have read the reviews for both and they are pretty good. However, a couple of my friends have taken the economist course and highly recommend it. I have one read online reviews fo e-gmat and not come across anyone personally who has taken it.

I am confused between the two since both have good reviews on gmat club and i am unable to decide. My Quant is weak and Verbal is average. I will be dedicating the next 2-3 months just to GMAT.

I think you should go with e-GMAT course. The methods used by e-gmat are mostly taken from Manhattan books and thus are most effective to improve your quant and verbal. Apart from that gmatclub usually contains lots of preparatory material which can help you in you preparation.

Best of luck.

Please Give Kudos is the reply was helpful. Need kudos very badly.
Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
D
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2018, 10:54
Hi YashSan,

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can take 2 for free at www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
2) What Schools are you planning to apply to?
3) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
P
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GMAT 1: 480 Q38 V22
GPA: 3.01
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2018, 11:17
This post received
KUDOS
YashSan wrote:
Hi.

Hi,

Your choice of e-gmat is good enough, but IMO economist of quite costly. I would suggest to use e-gmat first along with MGMAT guides. Then, use GMAT club's all resources. If needed, then buy Magoosh or EmpowerGMAT. At the end , buy EP 1 and 2 along with more GMAT prep Question pack 1 and 2. Keep the original material for the end. Also, don't solve GMATprep questions from GMAT club because you may see the same questions is GMATprep practice tests and your score.

QZ

"Success is not as glamorous as people tell you. It's a lot of hours spent in the darkness."

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2018, 11:34
Hi QZ. Thanks for the reply.

If cost is not an issue, would you go for Economist over e-Gmat?

Posted from my mobile device
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
P
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GMAT 1: 480 Q38 V22
GPA: 3.01
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2018, 11:41
This post received
KUDOS
YashSan wrote:
Hi QZ. Thanks for the reply.

If cost is not an issue, would you go for Economist over e-Gmat?

Posted from my mobile device

In my personal view, I will opt e-gmat over Economist for the reason that e-gmat is specially made for non natives, and I am assuming that you are a non native. The money saved from not opting for economist I would use in Manhattan or Veritas after completing Magoosh. Please remember that a good score depends on your discipline and dedication more than courses you opt for.

THIS is my very personal view.

"Success is not as glamorous as people tell you. It's a lot of hours spent in the darkness."

VP
VP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2018, 09:41
YashSan wrote:
Hi.

A poll is an interesting way to decide between the two :-)

Have you tried their programs (demo/trial versions)?

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2018, 10:18
Hi AjiteshArun, I have finished the Economist trial , going to now start e-GMAT.

Which course did you take?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
V
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Which GMAT Course to take? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2018, 10:46
This post received
KUDOS
YashSan wrote:
Hi.

Hi
I would suggest to take a diagnostic test first. Then you will come to know what are your strengths and weaknesses. Regarding the courses, I would suggest to take free trial of each course and then decide which course suits you well. This is important to know whether the teaching methodology suits you or not. Hope it helps.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2018, 10:47
Hi, thanks for the advice.
Did you personally take either one? If you did, could please share with me your personal experience?

Thanks.

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2018, 10:49
souvonik2k wrote:
YashSan wrote:
Hi.

Hi
I would suggest to take a diagnostic test first. Then you will come to know what are your strengths and weaknesses. Regarding the courses, I would suggest to take free trial of each course and then decide which course suits you well. This is important to know whether the teaching methodology suits you or not. Hope it helps.

Hi. Thanks for the advice. Did you personally take either one? If you did, could you please share with me your experience?

Thanks

Director
Director
V
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2018, 10:50
YashSan wrote:
Hi, thanks for the advice.
Did you personally take either one? If you did, could please share with me your personal experience?

Thanks.

Nope, I didn't take either. Currently doing self study with the help of Gmatclub resources.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

Top Contributor
SVP
SVP
S

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2018, 07:20
Top Contributor
What works for your friends may or may not work for you - depends on how similar your learning style. Each program generally has some samples of free portion - we encourage you to explore all options before making a decision.

For our program, we encourage you check out the free sample videos at the bottom of our homepage: http://www.gmatpill.com

as well as some of our free OG SC video solutions: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1f_ckd ... H1HmTgctJI

You'll notice our unique thought process approach based on powerful core frameworks.

Each program has a different approach, so explore various samples to see what works for you.
Re: Which GMAT Course to take?   [#permalink] 18 May 2018, 07:20

Which GMAT Course to take?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR MAY
Math Revolution - $79/3 mo Special sale until May 31
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - Free Full GMAT video course, 100% free
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap