Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 17:08 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 210 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
Send PM
Re: Which intake to prefer? [#permalink]
Would appreciate some more responses.

Thank you!

Posted from my mobile device
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Karan0912,

I hope you are doing good. Whether or not you should wait to apply in R1 of Jan'25 intake depends on a few factors, including the specific internship opportunity you are interested in and your overall application strength.

If the internship opportunity you are interested in is only available in the summer of 2025, you may want to wait to apply in R1 so that you can have more time to prepare your application and network with potential employers. However, if you are confident in your application strength and you are able to secure an internship offer before the R2 deadline, you may want to apply in R2 so that you can start your MBA earlier.

Does the geography matter - Paris vs Singapore for such a role?

The choice between the Fontainebleau (France) and Singapore campuses can impact your post-MBA career. Here are some considerations:

Fontainebleau (France): This campus may be a better fit if you're looking to work in European VC/PE, as it's located in the heart of Europe and offers excellent networking opportunities with European firms.

Singapore: If you're interested in Asian or global markets, Singapore may be a better choice. Singapore is a hub for VC/PE activity in Asia, and the INSEAD Singapore campus provides access to this ecosystem. Consider where you want to build your VC/PE career and choose the campus accordingly.

Regardless of your intake, take full advantage of INSEAD's career services and network with alumni and industry professionals in VC/PE. Building relationships and demonstrating your commitment to this field can help you secure post-MBA opportunities.

In summary, there's no one-size-fits-all answer, and your decision should align with your specific goals and preferences. If gaining relevant internship experience is critical for your transition to VC/PE, consider applying in R1. Additionally, think about your preferred geographical focus for your VC/PE career and choose the campus accordingly. Ultimately, your dedication, networking efforts, and the skills you develop during the MBA program will be significant factors in achieving your goal.

Feel free to schedule a free profile evaluation call with our profile experts to discuss your profile better and give a fair evaluation of your chances of admission to INSEAD. They will help you decide between the rounds you are confused with and also help you decide on your campus location.

Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com
MBA and Beyond

Karan0912 wrote:
Hi,

I am currently into Finance Transformation consulting using emerging technology solutions. I aim to pivot to VC/PE role investing in technology companies post my MBA.
I am planning to apply to R2 INSEAD this year.

I am wondering should I wait and apply in R1 of Jan'25 intake because of the internship opportunity? One alumnus I spoke to said it doesn't matter which intake you choose, you'd still get similar opportunities. I am not sure because I do not have relevant PE/VC experience.

Also, does the geography matter - Paris vs Singapore for such a role?

Appreciate the help!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
MBA Admissions Consultant
3701 posts