It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 07:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Why Tsinghua?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Why Tsinghua? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 21:19
This post received
KUDOS
Hi there, I am one of MBA students at Tsinghua university. Although I received offers from other good schools in Asia such as HKUST, CUHK and NUS, I chose Tsinghua-MIT Global MBA as a place for my MBA study. I’d like to share my thoughts here. There are couple of reasons why I chose to take up MBA at Tsinghua.

1. It offers some cutting-edge Entrepreneurship classes
Beijing is the center of China and Tsinghua university is the best university for engineering and science in China and the MBA provides many valuable entrepreneurship classes such as “Managerial Thinking”, “Entrepreneurial Strategy” taught by MIT professors and “Entrepreneurship and Innovation” provided by Facebook, which is the class that just started this year. If you wanna learn entrepreneurship or know about the start-ups in China, Tsinghua will be one of your good options.

2. Tsinghua university is the best university in China (hopefully will be the best one world-wide)
Although there is a controversy about this topic, I can clearly say that Tsinghua is the best school at least from the perspective of engineering and science and business. I do not know about other departments. As for the business part, the school provides very decent classes and also great opportunities during the study. If you wanna work in China or Asian countries, the graduation from Tsinghua-MIT Global MBA might give you good alumni connections and some sort of presence in Asia.
From this point, I would like to share my surprising findings after I started MBA study. Hopefully, it will be helpful when you choose the place where you study.

1. You can find good buddies and get along well with most of classmates
How could I imagine that I would have so many good friends here at Tsinghua. I love my classmates (Hopefully, they love me as well…). Before I went to China, I was worried that I could make many good friends, but it was just a worry. During the study, we helped each other so much, went out a lot and drunk a lot… You do not have to worry about connections. You just need to be a member of students. Basically, that’s it.

2. So many great lectures with many different topics (I think it is the best place when it comes to the lecture quality)
I have to emphasize this point very much. Unfortunately, before I went to Tsinghua, I did not know the great facts that the school has so many great lectures from different societies such as great business leaders, great professors from the best schools and executives from vary well-known and famous organizations. (Starbucks, INTIDEX(ZARA), Facebook, Alibaba, Shiseido, Fujifilm, Harvard, Columbia, MIT, Stanford, World Bank, EU…too many!).
I hope it helps! See you in the campus!

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3794 [0], given: 2446

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Why Tsinghua? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 21:50
Thanks very much for sharing your MBA experience in Tsinghua. If at all possible, we would love to see few pics of Tsinghua's campus, classrooms, etc.

All the best for your post MBA journey! :-)

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3794 [0], given: 2446

Re: Why Tsinghua?   [#permalink] 29 Sep 2017, 21:50

Why Tsinghua?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap