It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 21:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Would appreciate feedback!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 36

Would appreciate feedback! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 09:01
Hey Everybody!

I would really appreciate if anyone here in the community can help me with my GMAT prep with some much needed advice. So I have the GMAT scheduled on the 15th of December this year (50 days). I have quit my job recently and am on a sabbatical and have plenty of time (can push 10-12 hours a day/7 days a week). I'm looking for a score of 650 at-least. You guys think this is possible?

Can anyone also help me with a study plan? To give you a little background, I haven't touched maths since school (which was 10 years ago) and do quite suck at it :| , I'm decent in verbal and am fond of reading, which I do voraciously. I gave a CAT on Manhattan today and here are my results. (can also upload details if required)

CAT - Manhattan prep - overall score - 510 (Q30/V30/IR2.47)

To be honest, in roughly 30% of my quant answers I just selected random answers :sad:
I know I need to work on the weakest areas first for the maximum gain which includes most of Quant and most of verbal.
I also have my AWA essay if anyone would be kind enough to give me feedback on it.

Looking forward to your reply!
Attachments

File comment: My CAT score
0.png
0.png [ 14.86 KiB | Viewed 197 times ]

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 36

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 12

GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V26
GPA: 3.86
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Would appreciate feedback! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 12:53
Definitely possible. Although might take a lot of hard work from your side.
for AWA refer Chinese burned.
For quant and verbal i will suggest start with the very basics. Go through the OG first and then identify your weak areas and work on it.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 12

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 71 [1], given: 8

Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 00:42
This post received
KUDOS
AliMolai wrote:
Hey Everybody!

I would really appreciate if anyone here in the community can help me with my GMAT prep with some much needed advice. So I have the GMAT scheduled on the 15th of December this year (50 days). I have quit my job recently and am on a sabbatical and have plenty of time (can push 10-12 hours a day/7 days a week). I'm looking for a score of 650 at-least. You guys think this is possible?

Can anyone also help me with a study plan? To give you a little background, I haven't touched maths since school (which was 10 years ago) and do quite suck at it :| , I'm decent in verbal and am fond of reading, which I do voraciously. I gave a CAT on Manhattan today and here are my results. (can also upload details if required)

To be honest, in roughly 30% of my quant answers I just selected random answers :sad:
I know I need to work on the weakest areas first for the maximum gain which includes most of Quant and most of verbal.
I also have my AWA essay if anyone would be kind enough to give me feedback on it.

Definitely possible considering the hours you have available. I would recommend you to start with quant first as that is where there is large scope for improvement. You should be looking for Q47 I would say.
So dedicate about 10 days to get your quants basic up to speed and practice. Then next 10 days keep practicing quant and at the same time try to beef up your verbal.

Sometime between the 20th and 25th day take a GMATPrep mock. That will give you an accurate estimate of where you stand and you can plan the rest of the prep post that.

+1 kudos if you find this useful
GMAT 1: 750 (Q50; V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/first-attempt-750-q50-v40-ir-8-awa-245721.html

Kudos [?]: 71 [1], given: 8

Intern
Intern
S

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 32

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 06:27
AliMolai wrote:
Hey Everybody!

One thing is go through OG basic concepts before even starting solving OG, and hope you have got your wiley registration of OG done

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 32

Re: Would appreciate feedback!   [#permalink] 30 Oct 2017, 06:27

Would appreciate feedback!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap