GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jan 2019, 13:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Zero-admits in 2013 - Trying again in 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
Zero-admits in 2013 - Trying again in 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2018, 20:31
I stumbled on this. in 2013 I applied to 7+ MBA schools, top programs. I had a 660 and was not accepted into any school. Since then I've been battling constant depression and anxiety. I hate my life and threw my life upside down for a woman who I thought liked me because it was a coping mechanism/denial for how my life ended up. I recently went back to school, this time I took classes in computer science and hope to get into a program in CS. I'm now fighting a pretty serious physical illness now as well and life has really went downhill. I generally hate my life and go back between suicide and pushing on. I try hard and its led to a lot of disappointment and in some cases worked against me. Like with the girl, it made me seem desperate and unattractive.

I hope everybody gets into the school of their dreams and if not I hope it won't let it define their happiness. I think having a positive community around you that you respect helps.
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Zero-admits in 2013 - Trying again in 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2018, 21:35
Hey anon1,
Stay strong! I know how you must be feeling. I have been in the exact same spot.
I hope you get better results this time around, I'll be rooting for you. :)
I was just talking to a friend about a similar thing and I remarked how nothing in life comes easy for some of us... we just have to keep fighting.
And if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to ping me here.
anon1 wrote:
I stumbled on this. in 2013 I applied to 7+ MBA schools, top programs. I had a 660 and was not accepted into any school. Since then I've been battling constant depression and anxiety. I hate my life and threw my life upside down for a woman who I thought liked me because it was a coping mechanism/denial for how my life ended up. I recently went back to school, this time I took classes in computer science and hope to get into a program in CS. I'm now fighting a pretty serious physical illness now as well and life has really went downhill. I generally hate my life and go back between suicide and pushing on. I try hard and its led to a lot of disappointment and in some cases worked against me. Like with the girl, it made me seem desperate and unattractive.

I hope everybody gets into the school of their dreams and if not I hope it won't let it define their happiness. I think having a positive community around you that you respect helps.
Senior PS Moderator
P
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Zero-admits in 2013 - Trying again in 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2018, 01:07
Hey anon1,

If you ever need someone to talk to ping me here. You are not alone! Many people fight depression and anxiety and come through victorious. It can be done and you will do it too.

Stay strong my friend. Life is not about some girl or some program that rejects you - even though it may feel like that when it hurts the most. Life is more than that - it has to be.

I won't preach to you - I know better than that. Just know that this community will stand with you and there are people who care.

All the best!

Gladi

Regards,
Gladi

“Do. Or do not. There is no try.” - Yoda (The Empire Strikes Back)

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2018, 06:46
I would recommend you to read "The monk who sold his Ferrari" (Author: Robin Sharma), if you haven't read it already. It has fabulous techniques to nurture your mind and thought process, and I am sure it will provide you an all new perspective to look at the life. Good luck!

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '19 (A)

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 15:55
Hi man! I know you are passing through a hard moment but stay strong and positive and things will get better.
I would recommend you to watch "Peaceful Warrior" to get some motivation.
Hope you the best!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Zero-admits in 2013 - Trying again in 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 13 Jan 2019, 15:55

Zero-admits in 2013 - Trying again in 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap