|All Reviews > Wilch's Reviews|
Joined: Jul 15, 2015
This review is for Yale
Program Full Time MBA
Class of 2018
- The student body is second to none. My classmates made my experience at Yale a fantastic one. They elevated me, helped me, and became my close friends.
- As far as I know, Yale is becoming more and more selective. We are starting to see more and more classmates who would have otherwise end up at CBS, Kellogg, Booth, Sloan, and even Wharton if not for Yale's recent meteoric rise in ranking and publicity. As such, quality of students should continue to increase.
- The curriculum can be difficult at times, as Yale is particularly strict academic wise. You'll need to prioritize and choose two our of academics, career, and socializing. I picked the latter two because I have a business background and could get by without pounding the books.
- Banking, finance, and consulting recruiting is strong. Others are weaker but starting to pick up, particularly in tech.
- Close to NYC and Boston. Easy to hope on a train and meet with people in those cities.
- Bay Area presence really starting to pick up.
I recruited for tech, so I can speak to this. We are definitely a target school for some of the big techs out there, such as Google, Amazon, Apple, and Microsoft (for some positions in particular). With that in mind, we still lag behind with mid-sized tech firms like PayPal, Adobe, eBay, VMware, Autodesk, etc. If your background translates into the position you're applying to at these firms, you will most likely get an interview or an HR screen. If you already have a tech background and/or come from a business function of a reputable tech firm, you will absolutely get interviews from tech firms. If you're looking to pivot from a completely different industry AND function (e.g. going from Finance to PM), it may be a bit more difficult and will require lots of hustling (proving that your skills are transferable) and networking.
Overall BSchool experience (5.0)
Schools contribution (5.0)
Classmates rating (5.0)
Student body, diversity
Culture & Student Support
Career opportunities provided by school