|All Reviews > prolic's Reviews|
Joined: Jan 26, 2013
700 Q50 V34
This review is for Tippie
Program Full Time MBA
Class of 2017
1. Program: Excellent learning experience.
Awesome experiential learning opportunities.
2. Henry fund: managing a real investment fund is unique experience. Sufficient to instill top-notch investment skills.
3. 50% consulting/ project based learning. Real industry exposure.
4. Small batch size- its true, everyone knows everyone.
5. High ROI. Come to Tippie if you want to be debt free in less than 5 years but remember this is only one side of the coin. Tippie either promises highest gain or no gains.
6. Small town- good for family. Life is easy, one can focus more on MBA.
7. Curriculum: Up to date and progressive curriculum- adapts to changing business needs. One of the initial school to design curriculum to address analytics needs.
1. Location- away from major business center. Very limited face-time with employers/ alumni.
2. Small program: Very few people know about Iowa MBA program. Not many people will know outside of Iowa.
3. Brand: weak brand. Very regional school. It takes a decade for Iowa MBA to produce the same number of alumni what is other wise done annually by a top-rated schools. Employers also don't find a sizable mass for visiting the school.
4. Career services
5. Admissions: offer easy admissions to attract talent, not necessarily invested in bringing right talent.
Professors are awesome and they are wealth of knowledge. Remember this is a mid-west school, every one is humble and so are the professors. Help is always available out side of class.
Curriculum is designed to make one succeed in future. Focus on hands-on learning. The Tippie learning will give tools to perform in business setting.
This school is gold if you can get a job by yourself. Don't expect a lot on job front, career services is not the best. Alumni's are super helpful but are limited, so there may be a case that you don't find people in your target company. Every batch comes with distinct preference thus industry/ roles changes with each batch.
Overall BSchool experience (4.0)
Schools contribution (1.0)
Classmates rating (5.0)
Curriculum, Classes, Professors
Culture & Student Support
Finance and analytics concentration
Career opportunities provided by school