|All Reviews > y4nkee's Reviews|
Joined: Feb 16, 2016
This review is for HKUST
Program Full Time MBA
Class of 2017
- Good school if you are a native Mandarin speaker or just want to experience life in Hong Kong.
- School positions itself as top 15 and number 1 in Asia,
- Diversity looks good on paper but in reality majority of the class will be represented by a lot of Hong Kong and Chinese people with different passports
- Advertised 12 months program is difficult to achieve as you have to overload significantly and not many people are doing it.
- Although my goals are not met completely, instead I learnt a lot of life lessons.
- Students organize a lot of events and trips.
- There are several very good, world class professors that will teach you a lot and make the HKUST MBA experience worth your time.
- Selection of classes and curriculum are very good.
- University brand is not very well known outside of Hong Kong.
- Job placements are very limited if you do not know Mandarin.
- Career office have got their own agenda and on most occasions are not very helpful, so do not expect any help from university (but they will take credit if you find a good job on your own).
- Night life is amazing and you are close to many Asian cities to travel to during breaks.
Overall BSchool experience (4.0)
Schools contribution (2.0)
Classmates rating (4.0)
Career opportunities provided by school