Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Re: 2009 USNews MBA Rankings [#permalink]
Are you rankings god??? Honestly I was expecting MIT to be #4 before seeing the standings with GSB and K to stay tied at 4. Then when I saw the tie before seeing all the numbers I figured GSB had moved up since they seem to have a lot of positive talk this year (BW related?). However, it seems that USnews criteria benefits Kellogg more so than GSB and MIT. I think the survey data is more important in many ways, but I think they should be equally weighted since in my mind recruiters opinions are just important if not more important than peer schools.

I am still waiting for someone else to run the numbers and come up with something else. On BW I have been accused of manipulating the data to get the desired results. Maybe I made a mistake someplace since its not what i do for a living (if want me to calculate radiation levels and exposure rates from a contaminated surface I can do that) but that has yet to be shown and someone else verified my results.

I may be a homer, but the difference is slight so it really doesnt matter. When BW comes out this fall everyone is gonna debate that too. All I know for sure is Duke got hammer because employment results and UCLA was the biggest gainer in the top 20.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
haha, river is the new rhyme of Kellogg :P

Maybe that's reason enough for me to go to Haas and be the rhyme of Haas... :P Can't have two rhymes at Kellogg now, can we? :wink:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
i've learned to not post anything on BW that's controversial (I remember the Columbia vs Haas debate)... People there argue for argument's sake, and refuse to accept any other perspectives.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
river, didnt you try to pass kellogg off as more "international" than gsb by saying 35% of kellogg grads work abroad vs 19% for GSB, when in actuality it is 14% for kellogg :P
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
kryzak wrote:
i've learned to not post anything on BW that's controversial (I remember the Columbia vs Haas debate)... People there argue for argument's sake, and refuse to accept any other perspectives.

BW forums is enough to put anyone off from considering an MBA due to the high amount of trolls in there. Projects a bad potential student body image.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
why are people so high strung on those forums... and why do people here keep on posting there? :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
kryzak wrote:
Can't have two rhymes at Kellogg now, can we? :wink:

Kry and river hanging around here, both supporting Kellogg for 2009 applicants? That's scary! One rhyme influenced GMATClubbers so much for GSB. Imagine what two fresh rhymes will do [Shivers]
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
mNeo, you can be "rhyme's sidekick" at GSB :P

River, now I FINALLY get what dabots is talking about! Hahahahaha. I read through all *185* posts on the BW ranking thing... OMG... I REALLY hope that Truthsayer does NOT go to Kellogg nor Haas, otherwise I'd organize a group of friends and beat him up personally. :P

Anyway, those people are hopeless, and again shows why GMATClub is superior! :)
Current Student
Send PM
Hmm .. I was looking at other schools, trying to find out which school got some passionate vocal GMATClubbers who could give the Kry-River duo a hard time .. and the only school that has just any chance of doing that is Ross, with prasad, dosa et al. This year, Chicago got nobody that comes close to rhyme. kwam, are you up to it?
Current Student
Send PM
kryzak wrote:
and again shows why GMATClub is superior! :)

You can't prove that GMATClub is superior to BW (not to BWers at least) without producing an Excel sheet having at least 23 data points and 4 graphs.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
mNeo wrote:
the Kry-River duo a hard time ..

LOL, I thought of Justin Timberlake's "Cry me a River" song when I saw this... I love that song. :) That'll be the theme song for Kellogg if I end up there.

mNeo wrote:
kryzak wrote:
and again shows why GMATClub is superior! :)

You can't prove that GMATClub is superior to BW (not to BWers at least) without producing an Excel sheet having at least 23 data points and 4 graphs.

that one literally make me LOL! :lol:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
mNeo wrote:
Hmm .. I was looking at other schools, trying to find out which school got some passionate vocal GMATClubbers who could give the Kry-River duo a hard time .. and the only school that has just any chance of doing that is Ross, with prasad, dosa et al. This year, Chicago got nobody that comes close to rhyme. kwam, are you up to it?

I know I am not as "vocal" as kry and river, but should I go to Tuck, I'll be its advocate here come next school year. :) As so far noone else will join me from the club, I basically have an obligation to do that.:)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
branson, it would be a huge loss to Haas to not have you, but GMATClub representation at Tuck is pretty slim...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
I am just surprised at the rankings of many schools, especially ones toward the bottom of the list

What happened to Tulane? I know it is not a top 25 program, but I thought it was borderline top 30 at one time. Maybe I am wrong about that. And University of Missouri is higher than Arizona and William and Mary?

I am also surprised many major schools did not even make the top 65..such as George Washington, Katz, Case Western. I remember a few years back when Case Western was thought of as a decent regional school. Did those schools simply fall off the reservation?
Beside their names it has N/A...but from what I read US News only ranked the top 65 schools..
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Dabots we all make mistakes, that was completely unintentional. I dont try to mislead people or talk trash on other program, although sometimes not laying the smack down is hard. I like to follow the lead of Rhyme, extoll the virtues of your program and others will realize how wonderful it is.

Honestly, I think people who want to go to an M7 should apply to both GSB and Kellogg. Both are great schools and this year more people got into only one than both, and those that got into both so far were all female...so guys have the decision made for them on where to go.

Just think, this year Kellogg had almost as many applicants and admits on here as GSB, and K could end up with as many if not more people matriculating in the fall. So just think what I can do next year by creating a Rhyme factor for K since there wasnt anyone here from K this year...dont forget nervous still has to make her decision. And we already got MBA2010 so there are going to be a few Kellogg based mods next year.

But yes, Kry, nervous, mba2010, and myself could form an unstoppable recruiting force :lol:
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
You guys know that I don't care too much about rankings, but it's good to see your dream school(s) on top.

I was sick and tired about that endless discussion at BW, there are many people there just trolling and trashing everything, when I see somebody asking something, I send an e-mail with my opinion and ask them to come here as indeed the discussions here are at "another level".
The worst thread was one about C vs W, where someone said: "I'm going to W, because C offered me money, so C is worse". COME ON, what's that??!?!?!?!?!?!

How come people can afford loosing that much time trolling foruns, instead of learning from them?

I know people who turned Stanford down, to go to MIT, chose Duke over MIT, chose K over C, K over MIT, MIT over HBS, and so on, that happens, and we will see it happening here and there.

Anyway my personal ranking is:

#1 GSB - where I'm going
#2 MIT - where I could have gone
Then the others :twisted: :lol:

Ok as Kellogg and Ross showed some serious love here they are tied in #3 in my ranking :lol:

I was talking to one HR guy of my institution, telling him that today I'd officialy turn down MIT's offer :cry: (Man that is hard), and he said: "once you get at this kind of school, it really don't matter, find your fit, trust your guts, and make it happen, now it is up to you".
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
OK, it's been very boring today, markets are not too much volatile (at least those I trade) and if it weren't for a "fat finger" trader who made a mess on Bunds Futures markets, I wouldn't have any order executed. Eurex said they are investigating what happened with the market (It was a huge movement, 180 ticks in a couple of minutes).

Anyway I decided to explore a different approach for the tie breaker: the specialties ranking.

I put Kellogg, MIT and GSB, and put their ranking by specialties, and when any school didn't appear, I consider it at the next ranking, then I summed the points, and the results were:

MIT: 83
Kellogg: 98
GSB: 113

15 points from MIT to K and more 15 to C.
Attachments

Ranking.png
Ranking.png [ 46.13 KiB | Viewed 1907 times ]

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6