GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 12:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Free GMAT Prep Hour

December 11, 2018

December 11, 2018

09:00 PM EST

10:00 PM EST

Strategies and techniques for approaching featured GMAT topics. December 11 at 9 PM EST.
  • The winning strategy for 700+ on the GMAT

December 13, 2018

December 13, 2018

08:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

What people who reach the high 700's do differently? We're going to share insights, tips and strategies from data we collected on over 50,000 students who used examPAL.

25 days left for GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
25 days left for GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 27 Feb 2018, 11:35
Hello club members. This is my first post on this forum. I have my GMAT in 25 days and I am still not able to figure out a pattern in my mistakes. I've studied for roughly (on and off) 4 months now and have started attempting practice tests recently. My biggest problem is that my performance is not consistent and I'm unable to figure anything out. I've attempted many questions (OG and other sources) and it happens that sometimes when I think that (for example) SC is my strongest suit, in the very next set of practice questions, I may fail miserably in SC. Sometimes I do a question correctly, sometimes I do it wrong (same type of question). Please help me. I now think that doing questions and tests indefinitely won't help me. My wrong answers don't follow any kind of pattern here and I'm unable to identify the WHY factor for wrong answers. When I read explanations after doing a question wrong, it's like oh yeah this was simple, just a silly mistake or something. I need to do something specific here like take out all my previous attempts and maybe analyze it? I don't know. I've kinda hit this barrier with my accuracy. Please PLEASE help me. My target is 770 (impossible?)
I took some practice tests recently and here are my scores:
Kaplan1: 580 (q43, v26, IR3)
Kaplan 2: 680 (q46, v38, IR4)
GMATPrep1: 680 (q49, v34, IR4)
MGMAT: 650 (q45, v34, IR4)

Originally posted by frostakhil on 27 Feb 2018, 09:44.
Last edited by frostakhil on 27 Feb 2018, 11:35, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
G
Affiliations: None
GPA: 3.9
WE: Asset Management (Advertising and PR)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: 25 days left for GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2018, 09:54
You are not doing bad, keep going with your study and aim for high!

However, 770 might be really hard to reach, even the people doing 740 during practice barely reach more than 720 in real!

Good luck man, 25 days if well used are a lot!
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2018, 14:50
frostakhil wrote:
Hello club members. This is my first post on this forum. I have my GMAT in 25 days and I am still not able to figure out a pattern in my mistakes. I've studied for roughly (on and off) 4 months now and have started attempting practice tests recently. My biggest problem is that my performance is not consistent and I'm unable to figure anything out. I've attempted many questions (OG and other sources) and it happens that sometimes when I think that (for example) SC is my strongest suit, in the very next set of practice questions, I may fail miserably in SC. Sometimes I do a question correctly, sometimes I do it wrong (same type of question). Please help me. I now think that doing questions and tests indefinitely won't help me. My wrong answers don't follow any kind of pattern here and I'm unable to identify the WHY factor for wrong answers. When I read explanations after doing a question wrong, it's like oh yeah this was simple, just a silly mistake or something. I need to do something specific here like take out all my previous attempts and maybe analyze it? I don't know. I've kinda hit this barrier with my accuracy. Please PLEASE help me. My target is 770 (impossible?)
I took some practice tests recently and here are my scores:
Kaplan1: 580 (q43, v26, IR3)
Kaplan 2: 680 (q46, v38, IR4)
GMATPrep1: 680 (q49, v34, IR4)
MGMAT: 650 (q45, v34, IR4)

Dear frostakhil,

I suggest that you opt for a Demo Access on the following link and take a mock test with a fresh mind.The analysis will give you your five weakest areas on Quant as well as Verbal sections together with a lot of other analytics that will help you in analyzing the level of your preparation. This insight can be a good starting point for devising a plan for targeting those weak areas and lifting your score.

https://www.expertsglobal.com/gmat-preparation-online

With due respect, Kaplan scores can be misleading. Judging your performances in these mocks, I would say that you are at a 650-80 level. Regarding whether you can lift your score significantly- the answer is yes. Work hard as well as smart. Use the mocks carefully for analyzing the patterns, learning from mistakes, and developing the exam temperament.

All the best!
Experts' Global Team

GMAT Preparation Online- World's Most Complete GMAT Prep Program | Gain 7-days demo access (includes a full length test)

Senior PS Moderator
V
GPA: 3.12
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2018, 09:26
Hey frostakhil

The GMATPrep practice tests are the closest to the real exam that you will come. If you have
not already purchased them, get the GMATPrep bundle(2 Exam packs and the Question pack)
Work on as many official questions as you can since you only have 25 days to go.

Also, it is very important to understand why are you making these mistakes. Try and prepare
an error-log and review this list from time to time. Make sure if you get a similar question in
the future, you don't repeat the mistake.

For bumping your score from its current level to Q40+ you could check this post
https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-impro ... 42361.html

This is a post which tells what you should do 30-14-7-3-1 day before the test
https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-to-do-3 ... 52506.html

Hope this helps you!

You've got what it takes, but it will take everything you've got

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: 25 days left for GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2018, 21:50
Hi frostakhil

Your score is just shy of the amazing 700's.

I am following this post which really helping in improving my verbal score , i am also looking for a higher verbal score. With focus and guidance i think you should be able to achieve your dream score.

Verbal Plan: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-impro ... fl=similar

The link above is the one i am currently following

For 770 , you need higher Quant score as well.

Please find the below given post for the final push
https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-impro ... 41670.html

All the best for your exams

Please give kudos if it helps

Resources
Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread | ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT ! ! ! | SC Blogs by Magoosh | How to improve your verbal score | Things i wish i could've done earlier | Ultimate Q51 Guide

GMAT Club Bot
Re: 25 days left for GMAT &nbs [#permalink] 28 Feb 2018, 21:50

25 days left for GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap