Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:15 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: 470 on first try, should I just forget about it? [#permalink]
Kudos
I think you should forget about this year. Going from 470 to 680+ is tough. It is going to take dedicated work for at least a few months. Focus on GMAT studies, take a course, hire a tutor, retake it multiple times, or whatever you have to do over the next 9 months, then put in apps for round 1. Raising your GMAT score is definitely possible as everyone here can tell you.
You have a great shot at a top MBA program so work hard on getting your GMAT score up.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 200 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.86
WE:Analyst (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Kudos
Well, my advise is to start preparing for the GMAT again as soon as possible. If you feel you are ready for the exam, then please take the GMATPREP exam first to see whether the score is near to your target score (+/- 30 points). If it is so, then book for the GMAT exam. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you guys for your support and advice. I won't let the GMAT beat me. I will take a few days off to decompress, then I will map out an attack plan. I have purchased the GMAT club toolkit app and a few more books.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Tuck '15
Send PM
I think ultimately you just need to approach it from a different perspective. Whether it's hiring a tutor or diving into different books where there is a will there is a way. You clearly have the intelligence needed to succeed on the GMAT, so now it is just find a new approach that'll help you reach your goals. Keep us updated with your progress!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
hey op might want to take a prep course. I hate to sound like an advertisement but I found taking a prep course really helped, if you are willing to fork out the cash i hear gmat pill is good.

i purchased magoosh because it was cheap only 100 dollars. it is all online. I literally just watched the lectures on my tablet while lying in bed
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
I would recommend either waiting for R3 or applying next year. If you have a strong profile, anything above 650 will give you a decent shot at schools ranged from 7-15. I know a military guy who got into Fuqua with a 600 (everything else in his app was stellar).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

So I have developed a new approach:
I purchased the Veritas Prep books and online video tutorials, in addition to my MGMAT books. For critical reasoning and RC, I have started reading Business Week, The Economist, and Popular Science.

I will focus on strategy and the logic rather then to memorize useless mathematical formulas and grammar rules. I will take a practice exam at the end of the month to see if my new approach is working. Will post it score later.
GMAT Club Bot