GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 07 Dec 2019, 01:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

6 months of studying with no results.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 500 Q39 V21
Re: 6 months of studying with no results.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 20:38
u1983 CAMANISHPARMAR Gladiator59 :- hi experts. Wanted some advice, so i gave veritas mock yesterday and i see improvement again though very less but improving, im not repeating the same mistakes and no of questions wrong are also reducing (i know that doesn’t mean much). So with 35 days to the exam, i have planned out a schedule:- Sunday -mock
Monday & tuesday i analyse the mistakes and practice those specific question types, why i am going wrong? Brushing up theory if required for that concept.Wednesday second mock followed by the same analysis on Thursday and friday. Rc im going to do everyday because RC i need to improve my accuracy. I feel I should stick to full length tests now is because none of mistakes is related to the question being new to me. I just miss out on the approach to use. So what do you suggest? Also i have saved one gmatprep offical test, which i plan to take around 20th of january, to get an idea of the progress. I am aiming for a 650-680, last gmat prep mock i had scored a 380 the first time, 560 on the second gmat prep, manhattan 580, veritas 590.

SC accuracy is 85%
CR accuracy is 72%
RC accuracy is down the drain at 55%
So clearly RC is my main focus now

Quant
DS accuracy is 70%
PS accuracy is 65%
Constantly getting a Q41 on the mocks and a Q35 on the gmat club CATs

Posted from my mobile device
Senior PS Moderator
D
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 23:50
Hi Manat,

Happy to hear that you're progressing in your goal.

Specifically w.r.t math I would like to mention that Q35 is on the lower side. I would recommend you to solve questions with medium and easy tag from the GMAT club questions directory. Solve many questions and always review wrong answers. ( It's all easily available on the form and if you have trouble finding anything feel free to drop me a pm)

Once you get 80-90% accuracy in easy medium .. while you make sure the basics are clear ( by reviewing GMAT club math book and GMAT quant megathread ( both found in my signature in quant part)) proceed to high level difficulty problems.

GMAT club math CATs are high level and a Q35 shows that you still have a long way to go in math aptitude.

Given the grit you are showing to improve, I'm sure you will break into mid to high 40s on the quant and get your dream score.

All the best! :-)

“Do. Or do not. There is no try.” - Yoda (The Empire Strikes Back)
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2019, 02:57
Hi u1983 CAMANISHPARMAR Gladiator59

Below are the scores of my last 2 gmat club tests,

Q37
500 Lvl 1 incorrect
600 Lvl 7 incorrect
700 lvl 6 incorrect

Q44
500 Lvl 1 incorrect
600 Lvl 4 incorrect
700 lvl 11 incorrect

With 25 days to go for the exam, what should be my next step?
RC Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2019, 12:45
Hi Manat ..... ur 500 level looks good. But 600 level still needs work. Have u taken a gmatprep mock? It will show you a true level. Saying that 600 level needs to reach at 80%+ accuracy if you are shooting for Q48 and more..... all the best

D

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2019, 12:52
Manat,

Must have missed the original tag. You seem to be improving continuously ( Q37 -> Q44) Keep up the good work! :-)

I would completely agree with u1983's take on it. You must ensure 80-85% accuracy in all types of 600-700 level questions to ensure you get to see the light of day if you are gunning for Q49 and above.

The GMAT exam starts by giving you medium level questions and if you get most of them correct you get a chance to see higher level questions (More such info here). While the GMAT Club quant CATs may be designed to show a higher proportion of "difficult" questions (which they do for a good reason) for someone who is at Q44, focussing on medium level questions is of greatest importance.

All the best! Hope to hear back from you in a few days with more awesome progress. :-)

Senior PS Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2019, 12:59
Also, did I mention that even a single wrong in the "super easy" or 500 level can tank your scores irrevocably? Especially in the first ten questions.

Don't hesitate to spend a few extra mins (2-3 mins) for the first ten questions to ensure you do not end up missing any of them. I am sure you will see immediate score boost with this technique. Just make sure you don't spend too much time as even running out of time towards the end is penalized per unattempted question! Yikes.

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2019, 13:03
Thank you for the awesome tips. I will be giving the second gmatprep next sunday. Fingers crossed. I have devoted all my energy and time to the preparation, hope it is worth it and gets over soon! Happy weekend everyone.

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2019, 02:08
Does anyone know how accurate economist free test is? I have seen people get 13 incorrect and score Q50 on this mock and i just got 9 wrong and got a Q42. Isnt this weird? Got 13 wrong and got a V22, does this seem weird to anyone?

Manager
Manager
S
6 months of studying with no results.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 02:36
Hi experts Gladiator59 u1983. Im so happy today. Gave the offical mba.com practice test 2. Scored a 650. Exactly what im aiming for. i have 14 days to the exam now.

Scores
Q47
V32
IR 2

On verbal I fell short on time in the end which affected my score. Any tips on what to do for IR?

Senior PS Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 04:13
Hi Manat,

Happy to know you're on track!

For IR apart from spending a few hours to go through the strategies and articles present here, you could try a few tricks. One popular trick is to aim for only 10 out of the 12 questions so that you increase the amount of time per question. Doing so would give you 3 mins and more confidence as you would not end up getting question partially correct ( but lose full marks in the process).

Also, instead of blindly choosing the two questions to skip, it would be a smarter idea to spend 10 secs to read ( or just skim) and then decide.

What would be a big no for IR would be spending 2-3 mins on a question and then not attempting / or getting it wrong for sure.

Hope this helps.

RC Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 07:16
I second each and every word Gladiator59 mentioned. Just to add on to that ........ Do not miss Multi-Source Reasoning Q... the reasons are :
i. It has 3 Qs ... and even if your average speed is 2.5 mins .... you will get 7.5 min for essentially 1 Q (and 3 points) ... if you are targeting 3 mins...even better... you will get 9 mins in total.
ii.Almost all the time they are not part of the experimental Qs.

All the best !!
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2019, 21:09
Hi Gladiator59 u1983, i gave the GMAT on 14th feb & scored a terrible 500.

My Score is

Q39 V21 IR 6 AWA 4.5

I don't understand what happened.

I am going to study for 2 more months now and start everything from the basics,

im not booking the exam for now and going to wait until i feel confident.

Also, i am not planning to order the ESR because i don't think it is going to beneficial for 500.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: 6 months of studying with no results.   [#permalink] 17 Feb 2019, 21:09

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 32 posts ] 

6 months of studying with no results.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: adkikani