GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Jan 2019, 21:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • $450 Tuition Credit & Official CAT Packs FREE

January 15, 2019

January 15, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

EMPOWERgmat is giving away the complete Official GMAT Exam Pack collection worth $100 with the 3 Month Pack ($299)
  • The winning strategy for a high GRE score

January 17, 2019

January 17, 2019

08:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Learn the winning strategy for a high GRE score — what do people who reach a high score do differently? We're going to share insights, tips and strategies from data we've collected from over 50,000 students who used examPAL.

6 months of studying with no results.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Re: 6 months of studying with no results.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 19:38
u1983 CAMANISHPARMAR Gladiator59 :- hi experts. Wanted some advice, so i gave veritas mock yesterday and i see improvement again though very less but improving, im not repeating the same mistakes and no of questions wrong are also reducing (i know that doesn’t mean much). So with 35 days to the exam, i have planned out a schedule:- Sunday -mock
Monday & tuesday i analyse the mistakes and practice those specific question types, why i am going wrong? Brushing up theory if required for that concept.Wednesday second mock followed by the same analysis on Thursday and friday. Rc im going to do everyday because RC i need to improve my accuracy. I feel I should stick to full length tests now is because none of mistakes is related to the question being new to me. I just miss out on the approach to use. So what do you suggest? Also i have saved one gmatprep offical test, which i plan to take around 20th of january, to get an idea of the progress. I am aiming for a 650-680, last gmat prep mock i had scored a 380 the first time, 560 on the second gmat prep, manhattan 580, veritas 590.

SC accuracy is 85%
CR accuracy is 72%
RC accuracy is down the drain at 55%
So clearly RC is my main focus now

Quant
DS accuracy is 70%
PS accuracy is 65%
Constantly getting a Q41 on the mocks and a Q35 on the gmat club CATs

Posted from my mobile device
Senior PS Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: 6 months of studying with no results.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 22:50
Hi Manat,

Happy to hear that you're progressing in your goal.

Specifically w.r.t math I would like to mention that Q35 is on the lower side. I would recommend you to solve questions with medium and easy tag from the GMAT club questions directory. Solve many questions and always review wrong answers. ( It's all easily available on the form and if you have trouble finding anything feel free to drop me a pm)

Once you get 80-90% accuracy in easy medium .. while you make sure the basics are clear ( by reviewing GMAT club math book and GMAT quant megathread ( both found in my signature in quant part)) proceed to high level difficulty problems.

GMAT club math CATs are high level and a Q35 shows that you still have a long way to go in math aptitude.

Given the grit you are showing to improve, I'm sure you will break into mid to high 40s on the quant and get your dream score.

All the best! :-)

Posted from my mobile device

Regards,
Gladi

“Do. Or do not. There is no try.” - Yoda (The Empire Strikes Back)

GMAT Club Bot
Re: 6 months of studying with no results. &nbs [#permalink] 06 Jan 2019, 22:50

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 22 posts ] 

6 months of studying with no results.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: adkikani

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap