GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Jun 2018, 07:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

700+, discussion-based study group for test-dates in Jun-Aug 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
700+, discussion-based study group for test-dates in Jun-Aug 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2018, 03:15
Hey everyone,

I've been studying pretty hard for the GMAT, but I want to discuss questions with people who are also currently studying and plan to take it in the next few months (June - Aug. 2018). I've created a Whatsapp Group for this and want to know who else is interested.

The goal is to solve problems with each other at the same time, then analyze and debate our solutions. I think this kind of debate is a highly effective way to learn, because:

1) it helps find the best approach to solve a problem (fast and intuitive)
2) the process of debating a solution cements the idea
3) you are forced to identify not only why the right answers are right, but why the wrong answers are wrong

Each day members will post a handful of questions they want clarification on, and everybody will answer the question and post their solutions and methods in the chat.

The group will be limited to a few active members and each person will be expected to contribute. Your current score doesn't matter as long as you aim to get 700 (or even 750+). The group will only include test-takers, no companies or tutors.

I'm excited for this prospect but really want the group to be for highly dedicated people.

Please comment below if you're interested, and I'd also like to know why you want to join.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 700+, discussion-based study group for test-dates in Jun-Aug 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2018, 12:13
Have you already created this group? If yes, then how many members have already joined?

The reason for joining a group of highly motivated people who want to crack GMAT should help generally!

"Please hit :thumbup: +1 Kudos if you like this post" :student_man:

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me"

Intern
Intern
B
Re: 700+, discussion-based study group for test-dates in Jun-Aug 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2018, 16:59
Yes I've already made it and it's currently two people. I'm deciding on the optimum number; right now 5 - 10 seems good. Happy to hear your thoughts on this also.

If you're interested in joining, can you please tell me some info:

a) your test date
b) target score
c) projected hours of study per day (or week)

Feel free to pm me.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2018, 01:20
Hey!
I’m interested in joining the group. I’ll take my test latest by 1st week of August. Since I have very less time to prepare for the test, I want to be surrounded by highly motivated and energetic individuals willing to ace the test.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2018, 22:22
Hi Everyone,

I'm getting quite a few requests to join the group.

a) your test date
b) target score
d) current study strategy

Feel free to pm me.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2018, 23:52
CapitalWorks wrote:
Hi Everyone,

a) your test date
b) target score

Feel free to pm me.
Hie ..

I'm planning to take GMAT by 3rd week of August. I'm preparing for a 700+ score in my first try itself. Hope joining this study be beneficial to both sides.

Sent from my SM-N950F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2018, 23:59
I am planning to take GMAT in 3rd week of August. From Mumbai. Targeting a 720+score. Mocks show I am around 680 as of now. Hope this group will take my prep in right direction to improve my score.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2018, 00:48
Hi I am planning to take an exam around mid Aug. targeting a 700+ score. Hope the group would benefit both sides. Thanks

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.85
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2018, 02:15
Hi!
I am aiming for 710-720, currently somewhere in low 600, plan to take the test in August, first half. Please add me to group, my number is +7 747 564 2061
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2018, 10:48
Hello Everyone,

The information mentioned above for your respective goals seems very familiar for mine too. Hence,
I would like to join the group.

I am planning to take the GMAT around the last week of July. It’s been 10 days since I have started preparing for it.

Please let me know how can I join the group.

Thanks!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2018, 22:16
Hi,

I am planning to take GMAT in first week of August.
I am targeting for 720+.
I dedicate about 6 hrs/day into prep.

Would really wanna join this group.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2018, 22:31
Hey!
Thank you for Initiating.
I am interested in joining the group.
Mob: +919566194936.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2018, 02:12
CapitalWorks wrote:
Hi Everyone,

a) your test date
b) target score

Feel free to pm me.

Hello :)

I would love to be a part of the group!

- I plan on taking the exam in the third week of August
- Targeting a score of 760
- Planning on investing four hours a day on weekdays and eight hours on weekends
- Studying topic wise. Primary focus is on Quant.

Looking forward to collaborating with you guys :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2018, 03:56
CapitalWorks wrote:
Hey everyone,

I've been studying pretty hard for the GMAT, but I want to discuss questions with people who are also currently studying and plan to take it in the next few months (June - Aug. 2018). I've created a Whatsapp Group for this and want to know who else is interested.

The goal is to solve problems with each other at the same time, then analyze and debate our solutions. I think this kind of debate is a highly effective way to learn, because:

1) it helps find the best approach to solve a problem (fast and intuitive)
2) the process of debating a solution cements the idea
3) you are forced to identify not only why the right answers are right, but why the wrong answers are wrong

Each day members will post a handful of questions they want clarification on, and everybody will answer the question and post their solutions and methods in the chat.

The group will be limited to a few active members and each person will be expected to contribute. Your current score doesn't matter as long as you aim to get 700 (or even 750+). The group will only include test-takers, no companies or tutors.

I'm excited for this prospect but really want the group to be for highly dedicated people.

Please comment below if you're interested, and I'd also like to know why you want to join.
Hi! I couldn’t join the group. Could you please invite me again Thanks

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2018, 10:00
CapitalWorks wrote:
Hi Everyone,

a) your test date
b) target score

Feel free to pm me.

Hi,

I am a returning test taker interested in scoring a 740+ in GMAT. My last attempt yielded 680 on a 2-week unfocussed prep (Was never out of touch though for the 2 months prior to the test date. The real prep was for just 2 week:-() Not making the same mistake again.

Here are my particulars

a) your test date: 7th August 2018
b) target score: 740+
c) projected hours of study per day (or week): Per day about 3 hrs, Per week about 27 hrs
d) current study strategy: Started with OG Diagnostic test. Following offline and online (SC Manhattan, CR Powerscore, RC 99, IR and AWA Manhattan, Quant Magoosh, supplemented by free online resources including love classes and videos)

Do let me know if I can be accommodated in a group.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2018, 00:38
Hi everyone, unfortunately the group is full. I'll post a message here if anything changes.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2018, 11:24
please add me +966-547067359

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2018, 08:28
Hi,

I would like to join the group.
Planning to take the test in July end.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Re: 700+, discussion-based study group for test-dates in Jun-Aug 2018   [#permalink] 24 Jun 2018, 08:28

700+, discussion-based study group for test-dates in Jun-Aug 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: adkikani

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap