It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 15:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

700-mgmat mock paper & 650(v28, Q50) in gmat.Wht went wrong

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 40

700-mgmat mock paper & 650(v28, Q50) in gmat.Wht went wrong [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2017, 05:43
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi,

I tried several mock tests and i was getting 680-700 in those tests. But on actual GMAT, i scored only 650.
Mock tests were given in complwtely simulated conditions.

I was even feeling confident during exam breaks yhat i have attempted very well.

What can be the reason for this??

What should i do now?

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 40

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 257

Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.76
Reviews Badge
Re: 700-mgmat mock paper & 650(v28, Q50) in gmat.Wht went wrong [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2017, 06:05
SunakshiSanjuAgg wrote:
Hi,

I tried several mock tests and i was getting 680-700 in those tests. But on actual GMAT, i scored only 650.

I was even feeling confident during exam breaks yhat i have attempted very well.

What should i do now?

Posted from my mobile device

Hi have you ordered your esr report? because it will help you know that where you went wrong in verbal and in which section (CR, RC or SC)
Getting 680-700 doesn't guarantee that you will get 700 in real exam. If you were scoring 730-750 in mocks and then 650 in real exam then i can say that you might have taken real exam pressure. However, your score tells that you need to improve your verbal.
Order ESR report because it will help you to know which section of verbal cost you low score.
I will suggest give another month to ur studies, focus verbal and try again.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds. -Larry Bird
Success isn't something that just happens - success is learned, success is practiced and then it is shared. -Sparky Anderson
-S

Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 64

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.82
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2017, 06:12
Hi,
Though manhattan mocks are the best third party mocks available in the gmat world, their scores aren't truly replicative of the official gmat. Order an enchanced score report and work the areas that you are weak at.

Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum

If you like my posts, please give kudos. Help me unlock gmatclub tests.

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 64

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.76
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2017, 06:18
SunakshiSanjuAgg wrote:
Hi,

What should i do now?

Posted from my mobile device

what were your verbal score in your mocks? if you were scoring 30 to 34 then it means your verbal wasnt that strong. As per your score (V8) i think you need one month prep focusing verbal.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds. -Larry Bird
Success isn't something that just happens - success is learned, success is practiced and then it is shared. -Sparky Anderson
-S

Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
P
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat

Kudos [?]: 3403 [0], given: 172

GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2017, 15:15
Hi SunakshiSanjuAgg,

First off, a 650/Q50 is a strong score (it's right around the 80th percentile overall), so it could be enough to get you into your first-choice School. As such, a retest might not be necessary. Depending on the Schools that you plan to apply to, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile. There's a Forum full of them here:

http://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admission ... tants-124/

GMAC has publicly stated that the Official Score that you earn on Test Day is within +/- 30 points of actual ability, so this 650 isn't a far 'off' from your practice scores as you might think. Assuming a similar 'swing' in how your CATs function, and the fact that all of your scores are within 50 points of one another, it's possible that your score range has a "low end" of 650 and a "high end of" 700.

That all having been said, if you'd like to delve a bit deeper into this, then we'd need to know a bit more about how you took your CATs.

When you took your CATs:
1) How did you score on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for each)?
2) Did you take the ENTIRE CAT each time (including the Essay and IR sections)?
3) Did you take them at home?
4) Did you take them at the same time of day as when you took your Official GMAT?
5) Did you ever do ANYTHING during your CATs that you couldn't do on Test Day (pause the CAT, skip sections, take longer breaks, etc.)?
6) Did you ever take a CAT more than once? Had you seen any of the questions BEFORE?

Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so if you choose to retest, then you CAN train to score at a higher level.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Kudos [?]: 3403 [0], given: 172

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

700-mgmat mock paper & 650(v28, Q50) in gmat.Wht went wrong [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 22:50
I have no idea. Have you find the answer yet?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

700-mgmat mock paper & 650(v28, Q50) in gmat.Wht went wrong   [#permalink] 05 Sep 2017, 22:50

700-mgmat mock paper & 650(v28, Q50) in gmat.Wht went wrong

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap