GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2018, 01:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

700 (Q50,V34) should i bother to apply to isb!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
700 (Q50,V34) should i bother to apply to isb!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2017, 06:22
Needless to say i am going to retake gmat because i have firm feeling that i can improve. Ruined the RC section :/

But given the score should i bother to apply to isb (Avg 705)and other indian mba colleges with this score in Round 2. Or should i wait for an year or so and apply in the round 1 of next year. ??!?

As of now i have an 3.5 years work ex in india’s leading Oil and natural gas exploration company and that gives me further one year of time to be in the optimum work ex range.
Ask GMAT Experts Forum Moderator
V
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2017, 08:37
Utbhushan wrote:
Needless to say i am going to retake gmat because i have firm feeling that i can improve. Ruined the RC section :/

But given the score should i bother to apply to isb (Avg 705)and other indian mba colleges with this score in Round 2. Or should i wait for an year or so and apply in the round 1 of next year. ??!?

As of now i have an 3.5 years work ex in india’s leading Oil and natural gas exploration company and that gives me further one year of time to be in the optimum work ex range.

Hi
In my opinion you can retake the Gmat incase you think you can further improve.
Regarding the average Gmat score for ISB of 705, it does not make much difference. With your score and a proper application you can get an interview call and from thereon, it depends on your performance in the interview. As I heard ISB calls candidates even with a Gmat score of ~650 depending on the application. But a score of 730+ will certainly boost your chances.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: 700 (Q50,V34) should i bother to apply to isb!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 04:55
Utbhushan wrote:

I don't know how good your profile is, but If I were you, I'd go ahead and apply. If I didn't make it, I'd apply again next year in R1, hopefully with a better score (but certainly with a better profile).

Do you have anything to lose by applying this year?

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
WE: Operations (Retail Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 05:39
If I were you and all my essays were ready with LORs, I will go for R2 this year.
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 05:51
Aekagra wrote:
If I were you and all my essays were ready with LORs, I will go for R2 this year.

Wel thnks for the suggestion although my LoR Isnt ready yet but i ll still apply in R2 . . .
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 23:57
Utbhushan wrote:

Hi Utbhushan, with a 700, it's surprising that you are considering to not apply. So, 705 is the average for ISB. This means that approximately 400 students who join ISB have a score of 700 or less.

So, what makes you think you would not be able one of those 400 students? From our personal experience as well, every year, numerous students with scores in the range of 660-700 make it.

Also, note that b-schools look at the experience at the time of starting of the academic season, and not at the time of application. So, you would have approximately 4 years of experience by then. That's a really decent experience duration.

Thanks,
Ashish
EducationAisle, Bangalore

Sentence Correction Nirvana available on Amazon.in and Flipkart

Now! Preview the entire Grammar Section of Sentence Correction Nirvana at pothi.com

GMAT Club Bot
700 (Q50,V34) should i bother to apply to isb! &nbs [#permalink] 30 Dec 2017, 23:57

700 (Q50,V34) should i bother to apply to isb!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap