Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 279 [27]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 279 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: 760 q50 v44 3+ months of prep and advice [#permalink]
Congrats on your score!! I was just wondering, you mentioned that you solved around 800 LSAT CR questions. What sources did you use? Where can I find that many LSAT CR problems? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 279 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Valentin_xy wrote:
Congrats on your score!! I was just wondering, you mentioned that you solved around 800 LSAT CR questions. What sources did you use? Where can I find that many LSAT CR problems? Thanks!

Thanks Valentin! The good thing is there are more than 5000 official LSAT problems available, so you won't run out of the problems(unlike GMAT). I used the following during my prep:

1. 10 More Actual Official LSAT tests ( contains around 1000 CR problems without explanations)
2. Official LSAT SuperPrep (only 300 CR problems but with official LSAT explanations)

Do go through the link I posted in the debrief. David has mentioned some great tips on how to use the LSAT problems in there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi...Congratulations on your score :D
I plan to write GMAT in a month. I am weak in IR, i take too much time to solve SC manhattan test quants questions. Can you suggest me how can i improve.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
18.kartik wrote:
I plan to write GMAT in a month. I am weak in IR, i take too much time to solve SC manhattan test quants questions. Can you suggest me how can i improve.

Thanks! I didn't do any practice for IR to be frank. However, the feedback I got from my friends was that IR on Manhattan is way more difficult and time consuming than the actual GMAT. A few of them were scoring 4-5 on Manhattan IR, but scored an 8 on the actual GMAT.
If you have prepared well on Quant and CR, you shouldn't really face much of a challenge on IR, as almost all the IR questions test combination of quant and CR skills. OG 13 comes with around 50 IR questions. Those and questions on GMATPrep should give you sufficient practice. If you are uncomfortable on graphs and charts, I will suggest you to download excel and try various types of charts and try to read data from in there. My daily work involves extensive use of data mining and excel, so I was pretty comfortable in this area.
Also, there are a lot of free resources available for IR. I remember downloading a free e-book on IR from Magoosh, which I never used. You can try these resources. And frankly, IR is the last section I will worry about.

And about Manhattan quant, those questions are very unlike the real GMAT and very calculation intensive. Don't worry about them. If you are scoring 45+ on Manhattan quants, you should definitely be above 49 on the real GMAT. Go for GMATClub Maths tests. These questions are again very difficult, but much closer to the real GMAT in that they are complex and convoluted logically. All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
yuvrajsub wrote:
18.kartik wrote:

Thanks! I didn't do any practice for IR to be frank. However, the feedback I got from my friends was that IR on Manhattan is way more difficult and time consuming than the actual GMAT. A few of them were scoring 4-5 on Manhattan IR, but scored an 8 on the actual GMAT.
If you have prepared well on Quant and CR, you shouldn't really face much of a challenge on IR, as almost all the IR questions test combination of quant and CR skills. OG 13 comes with around 50 IR questions. Those and questions on GMATPrep should give you sufficient practice. If you are uncomfortable on graphs and charts, I will suggest you to download excel and try various types of charts and try to read data from in there. My daily work involves extensive use of data mining and excel, so I was pretty comfortable in this area.
Also, there are a lot of free resources available for IR. I remember downloading a free e-book on IR from Magoosh, which I never used. You can try these resources. And frankly, IR is the last section I will worry about.

And about Manhattan quant, those questions are very unlike the real GMAT and very calculation intensive. Don't worry about them. If you are scoring 45+ on Manhattan quants, you should definitely be above 49 on the real GMAT. Go for GMATClub Maths tests. These questions are again very difficult, but much closer to the real GMAT in that they are complex and convoluted logically. All the best!

Thanks for the quick response. In SC although my accuracy is high, i spend a lot of time in solving the questions. How can i improve my timing? Again, i take too much time to solve manhattan test quant questions. Are the manhattan test quant ques more time consuming than the actual gmat questions?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
At one point of time, I was in a similar fix. I had managed to improve my accuracy but my timing was pretty bad.

After this I got OG Verbal Review 2, and started solving around 20 questions everyday in a timed manner. I solved questions from OG 13 which were not available in OG 12. I used some free questions from Veritas free question bank. You can use free Veritas questions, if you are thorough with OG SC questions, as some of their questions are contrary to OG and hence, you should know which advice to take and which advice to trash. The more you practice, the more your timing will approve.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Great score!!

I saw that in your mocks your accuracy was consistently going up. I'm interested to know what you did in the time between the mocks after reviewing the mock? Which material did you use to practice on your weakness areas between the mocks?

I don't want to go over the OG problems before I take my GmatPrep tests as then my score will be inflated in those tests. So just wanted to find out if there was any specific material that you worked on to improve your score in the mocks.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.14
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
yuvrajsub wrote:
khanaaa wrote:
Hi Congratulations.

Can you share your mock test scores if possible.

Thank you khanaaa! I will add my detailed scores to the debrief in the coming days. My official GMATPrep and Exam Pack Scores in the last 2 weeks were 760, 740 (was really sleepy during this test :-D ) and a 760.
As you can see, my official score was an exact match with my GMATPrep scores.

But many times official scores are lower than GMATprep scores.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
srivelivala wrote:
Great score!!

I saw that in your mocks your accuracy was consistently going up. I'm interested to know what you did in the time between the mocks after reviewing the mock? Which material did you use to practice on your weakness areas between the mocks?

I don't want to go over the OG problems before I take my GmatPrep tests as then my score will be inflated in those tests. So just wanted to find out if there was any specific material that you worked on to improve your score in the mocks.

Thanks

First of all, I am pretty sure there is no overlap between OG problems and GMATPrep. Solving OG problems is pertinent to improving and understanding GMAT patterns.

After each mock, I thoroughly analyzed the mocks to spot my weaknesses - whether I struggled with timing, concept, application, etc. This allowed me to pinpoint my weakness and I work towards a plan to eliminate them. As an instance, in one of the mocks I realized that I am spending a lot of time on difficult Assumption CR questions. I spent the next entire week practicing and working on these to improve my speed and accuracy. That is the reason I had mentioned "Giving mocks won't improve you, analyzing them definitely will".
Intern
Intern
Send PM
coolb12345 wrote:
yuvrajsub wrote:
khanaaa wrote:
Hi Congratulations.

Thank you khanaaa! I will add my detailed scores to the debrief in the coming days. My official GMATPrep and Exam Pack Scores in the last 2 weeks were 760, 740 (was really sleepy during this test :-D ) and a 760.

Nothing is 100% accurate in the GMAT world. But GMATPrep scores are the closest indicator of actual GMAT. I definitely believe that if you replicate the same exam conditions and stress, official GMAT will be pretty close to your GMATPrep score. The keyword here is consistency. You can't compare one-off scores as that might be inflated. Consistency is the key word here. If you are consistently scoring within a particular range, I strongly believe from my experience that scores will be pretty close (might not be exact as in my case).

During each of my GMATPrep mocks, I confined myself to a small room, used Manhattan Simulation booklet, ear plugs, restricted myself to 5 minute breaks and so on. It is very important to replicate the same conditions. If one is skipping AWA, IR, taking random breaks, and completing the test over 2-3 days, there is no way you can compare the scores. These might seem small things, but do make a lot of difference.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
coolb12345 wrote:
yuvrajsub wrote:
khanaaa wrote:
Hi Congratulations.

Nothing is 100% accurate in the GMAT world. But GMATPrep scores are the closest indicator of actual GMAT. I definitely believe that if you replicate the same exam conditions and stress, official GMAT will be pretty close to your GMATPrep score. The keyword here is consistency. You can't compare one-off scores as that might be inflated. If you are consistently scoring within a particular range, I strongly believe from my experience that scores will be pretty close (might not be an exact match as in my case).

During each of my GMATPrep mocks, I confined myself to a small room, used Manhattan Simulation booklet, ear plugs, restricted myself to 5 minute breaks and so on. It is very important to replicate the same conditions. If one is skipping AWA, IR, taking random breaks, and completing the test over 2-3 days, there is no way you can compare the scores. These might seem small things, but do make a lot of difference.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Thanks, I was reading on forums and online and saw that there was a overlap between OG and GmatPrep but looks like the overlap was between OG11 and the old version of GmatPrep software. I'll start to solve the OG 13 questions to test my concepts now that I have gone through all the required concepts.

One more question I have for you is that you said your geometry was your weak link. Can you please tell me what material you used to make yourself better? I have the MGMAT Quant guides but the book for Geometry is not really that good. So I was just checking to see if you referred to any specific material on Geometry.

Thanks for your help.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
srivelivala wrote:
Thanks, I was reading on forums and online and saw that there was a overlap between OG and GmatPrep but looks like the overlap was between OG11 and the old version of GmatPrep software. I'll start to solve the OG 13 questions to test my concepts now that I have gone through all the required concepts.

One more question I have for you is that you said your geometry was your weak link. Can you please tell me what material you used to make yourself better? I have the MGMAT Quant guides but the book for Geometry is not really that good. So I was just checking to see if you referred to any specific material on Geometry.

Thanks for your help.

Try GMATClub Maths book. It is free and contains a really good Geometry section. For practice, I selectively chose and solved all the Geometry questions on GMATClub tests.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi Yuvraj,

congrats man!!! Great job and mindblowing hardwork you have done. 350+ hours is a lot of investment.

Please help me with the following:-
I also have planned 3 months and will be taking the test by May end or June beginning.
RC- i don't read fiction novels, only non fiction and mainly business, psychology stuff and that too at a slow speed.
What do you suggest, shall i read novels to improve comprehension or straightaway start practice with the RC books of MGMAT or LSAT?
SC- Manhattan book first or OG? Also not good with grammer, anything specific you would like to recommend ?
CR- got the powerscore bible, shall buy the LSAT or will it do?
CR/RC/SC- shall practice from Manhattan guides first or Verbal review?
Quant- MGMAT guides + OG best or shall also get quant review?

Please help.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts