GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Jul 2020, 15:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Accuracy on 700+ verbal questions for a V40

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Accuracy on 700+ verbal questions for a V40  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 05:05
Hi All

I have been giving GMATCLUB tests and have consistently scored low on 700+ level questions, i wanted to know what is the threshold accuracy% on these questions to and if anyone has made a grid of scores with accuracy % of different question levels
I know the overall score is more of a function of when in your question progress you get a question wrong and how many in succession but i want to know how the overall score varies keeping accuracy on others(500 and 600) constant

Summary of mock tests: Gmat prep tests: 710 in 3 exams and 680 in 1
Veritas: 680 in 2 exams, 660 in 2
Manhattan: 640 in 2 exams( exceptionally tanked my mocks in these)

Attached si the file with detail view of mistakes in all tests till date

souvik101990
Thanks
Attachments

All tests post march.xlsx [77.7 KiB]
Downloaded 23 times

To download please login or register as a user

Kellogg School Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V21
GMAT 2: 620 Q49 V25
CAT Tests
Accuracy on 700+ verbal questions for a V40  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 06:25
Nityanshu1990 wrote:
Hi All

I have been giving GMATCLUB tests and have consistently scored low on 700+ level questions, i wanted to know what is the threshold accuracy% on these questions to and if anyone has made a grid of scores with accuracy % of different question levels
I know the overall score is more of a function of when in your question progress you get a question wrong and how many in succession but i want to know how the overall score varies keeping accuracy on others(500 and 600) constant

souvik101990

Thanks

read Abhimahna reply to similar question posted by a user.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/accuracy-in- ... l#p1847736
your accuracy in below 700 level questions must be around 90%, or more.
identify your weakspots, practice in drills/ or with timer, increase your endurance, mix up questions in your set, revise concepts and practice from gmat club directory but with official questions only.
lastly, review your error log.

gmat prep scoring is accurate.
veritas is bit off.
manhattan mcat are way tougher, if one is scoring 700 with q49, v36 split, he/she may be getting 90% 700 level or above questions.

"But a majority of Manhattan GMAT reviews on GMAT forums seem to indicate that the MGMAT tests are slightly tougher than the actual GMAT i.e. the real GMAT scores have been higher than the practice test scores."

https://www.mbacrystalball.com/blog/201 ... mat-score/

apart from official GMAT mocks keep all other for building stamina, improving time management, and other strategy for exam day

good luck

regards
Padfoot
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology
GPA: 2.92
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: Accuracy on 700+ verbal questions for a V40  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2020, 03:10
Nityanshu1990 wrote:
Hi All

souvik101990
Thanks

First of all, Manhattan Prep tests are slightly harder than the real exam, so don't worry too much.

If you want to improve your score quickly and get the best bang for your buck, I revise fundamental Sentence Correction concepts (to make sure that you have high accuracy on 500-level questions and improve your Reading Comprehension overall.

I am in a somewhat similar situation as you. I have a score of 36 on the verbal section (from a 34 on the diagnostic test I took a month ago) simply because I have a somewhat low accuracy on the 600-level Sentence Correction section.

And big kudos to you for gathering that level of detail on your performance - this will really help you pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Accuracy on 700+ verbal questions for a V40   [#permalink] 25 Jun 2020, 03:10

Accuracy on 700+ verbal questions for a V40

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics