GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jun 2018, 21:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admitted to WHU - Otto Beisheim MIF 2017 Fall

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Feb 2017
Posts: 3
Admitted to WHU - Otto Beisheim MIF 2017 Fall [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2017, 23:21
Hi all,

I've just received admission from WHU and that's the only school that I've recently applied to. The efficiency of the entire admission process was just out of my expectation!

Little about myself:
Chinese
GMAT 690 (very likely to give it a second shot)
IELTS 7.5
CGPA: 3.3/4.0
3 years of full time work experience (with 1 year work ex that's finance-related)

My concerns:

- WHU is only best rated for its mim program on FT's rankings, so what's the real-life situation about mif?
- What are the chances of winning the scholarship?
- Since I could only speak basic German, while my English is quite ok, what are the chances of getting a top-tier job in the finance industry? (strong motivation in VC industry) Are there many job supplies that require only English in Germany?
- How's WHU known in other financial hubs like London, Hongkong or Shanghai?

Thanks for your time for replies.
Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Status: Single
Affiliations: None
Joined: 09 Dec 2016
Posts: 112
GPA: 3.9
WE: Asset Management (Advertising and PR)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Admitted to WHU - Otto Beisheim MIF 2017 Fall [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2017, 02:07
690 is really good to be honest, why would you give another shot?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Feb 2017
Posts: 3
Re: Admitted to WHU - Otto Beisheim MIF 2017 Fall [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2017, 02:16
Ross2018 wrote:
690 is really good to be honest, why would you give another shot?


To get better chances for scholarship, and according to online information, GMAT might still be useful for selection purposes after the semesters begin.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Jan 2017
Posts: 31
Location: Chile
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.2
Reviews Badge
Re: Admitted to WHU - Otto Beisheim MIF 2017 Fall [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2017, 10:10
Hi, zxw700700

Did you do research about working opportunities for foreigners in Germany after B-School?
I don't know much about it and I am very interested
Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Feb 2017
Posts: 3
Re: Admitted to WHU - Otto Beisheim MIF 2017 Fall [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2017, 23:41
pitroncoso wrote:
Hi, zxw700700

Did you do research about working opportunities for foreigners in Germany after B-School?
I don't know much about it and I am very interested
Thanks


Finding english-speaking internship is possible, but it just depends for full-time offers. Professional efficiency of German does matter a lot!
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Jan 2017
Posts: 31
Location: Chile
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.2
Reviews Badge
Re: Admitted to WHU - Otto Beisheim MIF 2017 Fall [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2017, 07:39
Thanks! I will try to learn the language
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Nov 2014
Posts: 29
Re: Admitted to WHU - Otto Beisheim MIF 2017 Fall [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2017, 23:23
zxw700700 wrote:
Hi all,

I've just received admission from WHU and that's the only school that I've recently applied to. The efficiency of the entire admission process was just out of my expectation!

Little about myself:
Chinese
GMAT 690 (very likely to give it a second shot)
IELTS 7.5
CGPA: 3.3/4.0
3 years of full time work experience (with 1 year work ex that's finance-related)

My concerns:

- WHU is only best rated for its mim program on FT's rankings, so what's the real-life situation about mif?
- What are the chances of winning the scholarship?
- Since I could only speak basic German, while my English is quite ok, what are the chances of getting a top-tier job in the finance industry? (strong motivation in VC industry) Are there many job supplies that require only English in Germany?
- How's WHU known in other financial hubs like London, Hongkong or Shanghai?

Thanks for your time for replies.



GOOD LUCK
SVP
SVP
User avatar
P
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1671
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Admitted to WHU - Otto Beisheim MIF 2017 Fall [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2017, 00:05
pitroncoso wrote:
Hi, zxw700700

Did you do research about working opportunities for foreigners in Germany after B-School?
I don't know much about it and I am very interested
Thanks


As I have many friends who studied and studying now in Germany, I can help you. You are entitled 18 months after graduation until you search and find a job. Then the visa will be changed to working visa. The language is always important especially you will work with shop floor personnel.
Re: Admitted to WHU - Otto Beisheim MIF 2017 Fall   [#permalink] 26 Feb 2017, 00:05
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Admitted to WHU - Otto Beisheim MIF 2017 Fall

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: teleste, Wilch, jessepinkman



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.