Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
Re: Advice on which schools to apply [#permalink]
No worries 8-) I just wanted to make sure that adequate information is transmitted, so you don't have to go back and forth with Alex too many times.

From what you wrote, my knowledge (which is purely my own and not of any admission consultants') is that investment banking and management consulting are two of the most realistic fields post-MBA, meaning that if you aspire to get into the top IB job, you should try to get to as good of a b-school as possible (and of course, this is debatable, but USNews is a good start). Basically if you get into a top-10 business schools, all major banks are going to be on campus to recruit. It'll really be up to you to schmooze and make that great first impression to land a summer internship job. With an IB summer internship job and assuming you do it well, you'll have that as a leverage to get into a full-time IB job post-MBA. I believe for minority there's something called to apply through the Consortium. I don't know much about it, but it should be sufficient for you to research a bit into it.

I guess that's all I can say; I'll shut up now and you can wait for Alex's response. :o
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I consider my GPA 3.05 a lill low. My Gmat is 680 so i dont know if i should say its low i think its medium.And the work experience i have is in the real estate field which is really not considered that good. The shcools that i am considering are

LSE
University of Illionis
LBS
USC
but all these schools are way up there thats why i wanted to get a more realistic advice to which schools i should be applying
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Not sure how you came up with that list of schools, as it seems a bit all over the place - two are in London England, the other is in Los Angeles, and another in the US midwest.

To be honest, I really think you can afford to wait a few years. There's no rush. You just graduated last year. And to be blunt, based on the writing in your posts, I think you need to enroll in some English writing and communication classes (take a few courses at a local university) -- my guess is English isn't your first language, and if you want to work in a client-oriented role like investment banking (or any business career in the western world), your English communication skills have to be strong. That is a bigger obstacle for you right now that you have to address before even getting an MBA.
GMAT Club Bot