Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:14 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72861 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Advise choosing between empowergmat and target test Prep (TTP) [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi msjulita,

When it comes to studying for the GMAT, there are a variety of different study materials that you might use, so you have to consider which materials fit best with your personality and 'style' of learning. I'll be happy to answer any questions that you might have - and it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) How long ago did you put in that initial 2 months of studying (was it recent of further back?)? How many hours did you typically study each week?
2) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
msjulita wrote:
I am looking some advice on how to start and choose gmat course company for my GMAT journey,
Previously i studied gmat only from manhattan books for only 2 months without join any gmat course, after reading i get bored. Now i want to dedicate myself for 3 months to study gmat (my target score is 700-720) by using GMAT course

I am looking for gmat course with budget max $400 that can cover quant verbal (as I'm not native english speaker) dan have step by step study plan (I like to be consistent while I'm studying something)
I tried trial from empowergmat and target test prep (TTP). Both are good, but i still confused to decide which one to choose (well obviously, I can't use both because I'm tight budget and i don't want to get overwhelm with the material)

I would appreciate unbiased experience and opinions from students that have taken either or both of empowergmat and target test Prep (TTP)

Thanks!! :)

Hi msjulita,

When you choose a resource, make sure to choose one which helps you with the right aspects for your GMAT preparation. As GMAT mainly tests your application skills, the resource you choose must help you with:
  • Concepts
  • Methodology (Very important)
  • Practice questions
  • Their detailed solutions

So, you first learn the concepts of a particular topic, then learn the methodology to solve questions of that topic and only then practice questions to solidify your learning. This is how you go about your GMAT preparation. The resource you choose must make your prep a lot more structured and effective.

And one more important thing to look for in a course is the study plan. To make your prep effective, you need to be really consistent. So, a study plan will help you to be consistent. Having said that, you cannot follow a study plan which doesn't suit you. For example, a person who can dedicate just 3 hours a day cannot have the same study plan as a person who can dedicate 6 hours a day. So, the study plan has to be personalized. And not just that, it's important to have the right guidance from the mentor because students often get stuck in the middle of their prep and do not understand how to proceed further.

You can go through the article below to understand how to choose an online course

Key factors to consider while choosing an online course for GMAT

The better way to choose an online course is to check the free trials of the courses and then decide which suits you the most. I suggest you to check the free trial of GMATWhiz and then take a decision. It provides you with a personalized study plan by taking into account the number of hours you can dedicate for studies in a week. It focuses mainly on the application of concepts and has detailed solutions for the questions which helps you to learn the right methodology. And a dedicated mentor will be assigned to the student once he/she enrolls for the course. The student can get in touch with the mentor once in every 15 days to seek guidance on how to proceed further.

Hope it helped. If you have any queries regarding the study strategy or the resource, you can get in touch with me using the below link. I will be happy to help.

Click here to schedule a call
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22041 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi msjulita,

Have you had a chance to check out the trial to TTP?
Stern School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 539 [0]
Given Kudos: 219
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
msjulita wrote:
I am looking some advice on how to start and choose gmat course company for my GMAT journey,
Previously i studied gmat only from manhattan books for only 2 months without join any gmat course, after reading i get bored. Now i want to dedicate myself for 3 months to study gmat (my target score is 700-720) by using GMAT course

I am looking for gmat course with budget max $400 that can cover quant verbal (as I'm not native english speaker) dan have step by step study plan (I like to be consistent while I'm studying something)
I tried trial from empowergmat and target test prep (TTP). Both are good, but i still confused to decide which one to choose (well obviously, I can't use both because I'm tight budget and i don't want to get overwhelm with the material)

I would appreciate unbiased experience and opinions from students that have taken either or both of empowergmat and target test Prep (TTP)

Both are good . But to decide on which one to take based on your need , you can go with trial of both the courses .What many people say that TTP is great for Quant and empowergmat is excellent for verbal overall .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Send PM
msjulita wrote:

Hi msjulita,

For Quat, you can try TTP. They have well structured course and lots of questions(Easy,Medium and Hard) to solve/build your understanding.
GMAT Club Bot