GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2018, 09:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

All Business School essays decoded

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Director
Director
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.4
All Business School essays decoded  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 13:54
Found this on another blog and it made me laugh. Now that essays are behind most people, I'm sure you can appreciate the humor.

Harvard: Of which Fortune 1000 company are you going to become the CEO and why would you pick that company?

Wharton: Of which Fortune 1000 company are you going to become the CFO and why would you pick that company?

MIT: Draw an ASCII picture of your favorite Lord of the Rings character and describe three lessons that today's business leaders can learn from Lord Of The Rings.

Stanford: Why? (100,000 words recommended)

Chicago Booth: Provide a detailed statistical analysis of why Chicago-Booth is #1 in BWeek and never higher than #3 in USNews. Do the math in your head.

NYU: How badly do you need a vacation from your ibanking job, and what makes you think you will be able to get back into ibanking upon graduation?

Yale SOM: Which nonprofit organization do you plan to run, and what about running a nonprofit makes you feel important?

Columbia: In your opinion, what is the best way to sabotage the Whartonian CFO of your company and become CFO?

UC Berkeley Haas: What makes a hippie like you think you can succeed in business? Use the words 'sustainable' and 'green' at least twice in your response.

Cornell Johnson: Describe how awesome being an Ivy Leaguer would make you feel.

UVA Darden: How badly do you want your ass to be kicked by our professors on a scale of 9 to 10?

Notre Dame: Describe how awesome Irish Football is, and list ten ways we can make our MBA program as well-known as our NFL training program.

London Business School: Answer NYU's essay and use the find/replace function to replace all 'NYU' with 'LBS', 'New York' with 'London' and 'program' with 'programme'.

Wash U Olin: How early are you willing to wake up to serve coffee to our medical students?

UNC Kenan-Flagler: See Notre Dame but replace Irish Football with Tar Heel basketball, and NFL with NBA.

U of Phx (pick 2 of 4): When your boss finds out you have enrolled here, how loudly will he/she laugh? Have you ever wasted a lot of money on something useless before? Would you be willing to appear on a billboard or would you rather keep your enrollment a secret? What is 5+8?

Tuck: Do you remember summer camp? How amazing was that!?!? Don't you wish you could go to camp for 21 months? Attach a letter you wrote to your parents in fifth grade summer camp explaining how awesome it was.

UMich Ross: What was the craziest thing you did while tailgating during undergrad, and are you prepared to tailgate like a pro again? In your essay, try to include the words moonshine, goat, and anus.

Kellogg: Explain why you think good quantitative skills are not required in business and discuss the importance of teamwork in situations in which no one is skilled enough to do the job by himself.

UCLA Anderson: Have you seen that show "The Hills?" Isn't it amazing? Discuss your strategies for getting into clubs to party with the cast of "The Hills" so you can feel important.

Duke Fuqua: What are your short-term and long-term career goals? Begin your essay with the sentence, "My career goal is to provide investment and business advice to the much more successful graduates of the Duke Law and Medical Schools."

Carnegie Mellon Tepper: Draw an ASCII picture of your favorite MIT student and list three things that business leaders can learn from MIT.

INSEAD: List the number of languages in which you are fluent, and explain how knowing a bunch of languages and studying in one of the world's slowest economies for ten months will make you an effective business leader.

CEIBS: Would you rather be upper middle class in the US, or rich in China? Pleeeeeeeease say rich in China!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 2: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 3: 610 Q44 V28
GPA: 3.46
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Re: All Business School essays decoded  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 14:02
HIGH-larious!!!!

Especially the MIT one and the Johnson one.

angelfire213 wrote:
Found this on another blog and it made me laugh. Now that essays are behind most people, I'm sure you can appreciate the humor.

Harvard: Of which Fortune 1000 company are you going to become the CEO and why would you pick that company?

Wharton: Of which Fortune 1000 company are you going to become the CFO and why would you pick that company?

MIT: Draw an ASCII picture of your favorite Lord of the Rings character and describe three lessons that today's business leaders can learn from Lord Of The Rings.

Stanford: Why? (100,000 words recommended)

Chicago Booth: Provide a detailed statistical analysis of why Chicago-Booth is #1 in BWeek and never higher than #3 in USNews. Do the math in your head.

NYU: How badly do you need a vacation from your ibanking job, and what makes you think you will be able to get back into ibanking upon graduation?

Yale SOM: Which nonprofit organization do you plan to run, and what about running a nonprofit makes you feel important?

Columbia: In your opinion, what is the best way to sabotage the Whartonian CFO of your company and become CFO?

UC Berkeley Haas: What makes a hippie like you think you can succeed in business? Use the words 'sustainable' and 'green' at least twice in your response.

Cornell Johnson: Describe how awesome being an Ivy Leaguer would make you feel.

UVA Darden: How badly do you want your ass to be kicked by our professors on a scale of 9 to 10?

Notre Dame: Describe how awesome Irish Football is, and list ten ways we can make our MBA program as well-known as our NFL training program.

London Business School: Answer NYU's essay and use the find/replace function to replace all 'NYU' with 'LBS', 'New York' with 'London' and 'program' with 'programme'.

Wash U Olin: How early are you willing to wake up to serve coffee to our medical students?

UNC Kenan-Flagler: See Notre Dame but replace Irish Football with Tar Heel basketball, and NFL with NBA.

U of Phx (pick 2 of 4): When your boss finds out you have enrolled here, how loudly will he/she laugh? Have you ever wasted a lot of money on something useless before? Would you be willing to appear on a billboard or would you rather keep your enrollment a secret? What is 5+8?

Tuck: Do you remember summer camp? How amazing was that!?!? Don't you wish you could go to camp for 21 months? Attach a letter you wrote to your parents in fifth grade summer camp explaining how awesome it was.

UMich Ross: What was the craziest thing you did while tailgating during undergrad, and are you prepared to tailgate like a pro again? In your essay, try to include the words moonshine, goat, and anus.

Kellogg: Explain why you think good quantitative skills are not required in business and discuss the importance of teamwork in situations in which no one is skilled enough to do the job by himself.

UCLA Anderson: Have you seen that show "The Hills?" Isn't it amazing? Discuss your strategies for getting into clubs to party with the cast of "The Hills" so you can feel important.

Duke Fuqua: What are your short-term and long-term career goals? Begin your essay with the sentence, "My career goal is to provide investment and business advice to the much more successful graduates of the Duke Law and Medical Schools."

Carnegie Mellon Tepper: Draw an ASCII picture of your favorite MIT student and list three things that business leaders can learn from MIT.

INSEAD: List the number of languages in which you are fluent, and explain how knowing a bunch of languages and studying in one of the world's slowest economies for ten months will make you an effective business leader.

CEIBS: Would you rather be upper middle class in the US, or rich in China? Pleeeeeeeease say rich in China!
Current Student
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Anderson '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 23:48

I would ace this essay, LIKE OMG, LIKE I TOTALLY would.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 08:00

Love it
Director
Director
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GPA: 2.48
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 09:51
Haha, this is pretty good. Gave me a good laugh on my lunch break :-D

My GMAT Journey: A surprising 730!

My Application experience: Low GPA Success!

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 09:55
The only one I don't really get is

Don't know much about the school - is that an inside joke?
Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 10:06
angelfire213 wrote:
The only one I don't really get is

Don't know much about the school - is that an inside joke?

I'm guessing it's a little bit of an inside joke and that the coffee that is meant for the Olin students typically gets taken by the medical students.

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 10:07
angelfire213 I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to move this topic to B-school Application. I think it'll be better served over there.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V41
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 10:14
Starbucks?
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 10:23
Or more likely that Olin is overshadowed by UW's medical school, which is #1 in the US for primary care.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GPA: 3.7
WE: Human Resources (Education)

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 15:20
Ha ha, good stuff!

Get free school selection help at Touch MBA

Current Student
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 01:25
hahaha this is brilliant
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE: Management Consulting (Insurance)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2015, 02:08
LOL...i m using this for the first time on this forum... :lol: one needs to get usual bouts of laugh on GC ..btw where you lay your hands on on such on a info in a blog??

The Mind is everything . What you think you become. - Lord Buddha

Consider giving KUDOS if you appreciate my post !!

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2015, 05:31
i can't even remember which - and btw i think you have your schools listed wrong - if you're applying this year then you should be '18 not '16
Vinitkhicha1111 wrote:
LOL...i m using this for the first time on this forum... :lol: one needs to get usual bouts of laugh on GC ..btw where you lay your hands on on such on a info in a blog??
Non-Human User
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2018, 00:23
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: All Business School essays decoded &nbs [#permalink] 04 Oct 2018, 00:23

All Business School essays decoded

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap