Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 19:27 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Status:GMAT/GRE Tutor l Admission Consultant l On-Demand Course creator
Own Kudos [?]: 13397 [0]
Given Kudos: 124
GMAT: QUANT+DI EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A) ISB '24
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Any chance I get in? Profile eval. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi tanmayeb,

Thanks for sharing your profile. On the surface, your profile looks good. Talking about your stats, your undergrad GPA is on the lower side. You have a solid GRE score which can compensate for your low GPA. The GMAT/GRE is a reliable predictor of your academic qualifications and abilities needed for success in the MBA program. If possible, demonstrate your ability to succeed in additional coursework such as math, economics, calculus, or accounting, which will help you represent your ability to survive the quantitative rigours of business school. You may want to read the article on the importance of GPAs in MBA applications. This will give you an idea about the top 25 MBA programs with low GPA and tips to enhance your application to the best despite a low GPA and explain your low GPA convincingly to the adcoms.

On the work front, I can see a good career progression. You can explain how you perform better than your peers leading to promotion. The adcoms should get the impression that you are a high-performing individual who has performed better than his peers in the past. To make this point, you may also mention your leadership positions and learnings from them or how you handled a certain company crisis. Speaking about your agri-tech company would bring the innovative personality of yours.

If you need any direction/guidance over any aspect of your application and have any specific concerns, you can ask us on the forum Ask MBA & Beyond.

Overall you have a good profile. I would like to know some major aspects of your work experience, post-MBA goals and ECs ( hobbies & interests, any community involvement) to assess your fit for the business school and recommend good schools to you. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and answer any concerns. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Let’s maximize your chances for US Schools

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

tanmayeb wrote:
Hi, I'm deciding whether I stand a chance for admission to the top schools in the coming year. Please be honest!

Education: (What concerns me most)
Northwestern University: B.S. in Computer Engineering (2.99 GPA, 1.8 in first year including one F, and mid to high 3s in last 3)
GRE: 331/340 (167Q,164V)

Work Experience:
1. By time of application, 3 years consulting for data science and analytics at fortune top 50. Earliest promotion in consulting class history to senior analyst. Handled multiple $XM engagements.
2. Founded agri-tech company in native country (india) during sophomore year and junior year of college, with successful low 6 figure exit.

Goal Schools:
Kellogg, Stern, Columbia, Yale

I'd love to get your guys' thoughts on this and how I can strengthen my story. Additionally, if any other schools I should look at with this profile.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Any chance I get in? Profile eval. [#permalink]