GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jun 2019, 00:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Any chances?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Any chances?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 12 Jan 2019, 17:17
Hi guys,

* 26 years old, F
* Bachelor's degree in Business & Economics (major in finance), average GPA, higher grades on latest courses
* Extra courses in Leadership & Ethics, Entrepreneurship as well as International Economic History
* I have a super low GMAT (only did I once, due to lack of time during the thesis period
* Worked & studied in Australia for a year right after highschool graduation
* I speak three languages fluently + professional skills in German, Norwegian and just started taking a distance course in Mandarin
* Project Manager for a school project
* Have played piano for over 18 years ( competed in Russia, Poland, etc)
* Have over 10 years of work experience (within retail, industry, restaurant manager, public service & communication marketing positions)
* Failed every single course during my first year at university, but continued

My question is, should I even bother putting time in applying for a MSc in International Business program at SSE and ask the admission if I could redo my GMAT after the deadline or are my chances super low of getting in?

Originally posted by Vicga on 12 Jan 2019, 13:10.
Last edited by Vicga on 12 Jan 2019, 17:17, edited 7 times in total.
Read Only User
Read Only User
G
GMAT 1: 490 Q47 V13
GPA: 2.86
Re: Any chances?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2019, 13:26
Vicga wrote:
Hi guys,

* Bachelor's degree in Business & Economics (major in finance), average GPA, higher grades on the latest courses
* Extra courses in Leadership & Ethics as well as in International Economic History
* I have a super low GMAT (only it did once, did not had time to practice)
* Worked and studied in Australia for a year
* I speak three languages fluent, + professional skills in German, Norwegian and just started taking a distance course in Mandarin
* Project Manager for a school project during spring semester 2019
* Have over 10 years of work experience
* Failed every single course during my first year at university, but continued

My question is, should I even bother putting time in applying for a MSc in International Business program at SSE and ask the admission if I could redo my GMAT or are my chances super low of getting in?

Hi, first of all, congratulations to having a great profile with diversified experiences.
Coming to your question regarding MSc in Intl Business Programme at SSE, I hope you should submit a GMAT score. I recommend you to send the detailed mail to the admission team, it will help to know the chances of getting admission. Please go through the below link for a brief idea of the requirements.

https://www.hhs.se/en/education/msc/mib/mib-admission/
Intern
Intern
Re: Any chances?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2019, 14:01
Thank you for your answer! I have gone through the requirements, have done the TOELF and currently trying to create a motivation letter. Could you please explain more in detail what you mean by me sending a detailed email, should I do that before I actually apply for the programme? And what do you mean should be stated in the email?

Best regards
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Any chances?   [#permalink] 12 Jan 2019, 14:01

Any chances?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: DigitsnLetters