GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Jul 2020, 09:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Any Indian Applying to Top 5 B Schools this year?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Any Indian Applying to Top 5 B Schools this year?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2012, 06:56
Hello this is Sam from india
anyone here applying for top 5 b schools this year?
please share your experience with us here ...
and personally i want to know that to manage fees(near abt 100k) for these elite business schools?(Scholarships or Bank Loan) if i am from middle class family...

Thanks
Sam
Intern
Intern
Schools: Insead '13 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Re: Any Indian Applying to Top 5 B Schools this year?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2012, 07:28
Well, I think you are the only indian applying to a top 5 school this year. Probably easy for you to get in then, the highway is empty ! Good luck !
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2012, 08:43
Ha Ha thanks for the nice reply
actually i have not planned for MBA 2012 i am just graduate and working in software company in Pune.
i heared that lots of Indians are getting in top b schools every year.

deschoup wrote:
Well, I think you are the only indian applying to a top 5 school this year. Probably easy for you to get in then, the highway is empty ! Good luck !
Intern
Intern
Schools: Insead '13 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2012, 09:21
You could probably fill all top 5 schools 10 times with the indian applicants only.
Retired Moderator
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2012, 10:34
deschoup wrote:
You could probably fill all top 5 schools 10 times with the indian applicants only.

slightly overdone but nonetheless funny.
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE: Research (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2012, 07:26
I guess imp. question is - how many Indian get into top 5 b schools?

which is different than how many Indian apply to top 5 bschools?

Also it will be interesting to see who all got into top 5 schools? What was their background and most imp. their GMAT score....
IMO for Adcoms indian with normal WE and high GMAT is better than great WE and low GMAT as they use these scores can increase their av. GMAT score..
Same is true for Chinese applicant.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2012, 12:07
app2012 wrote:

Also it will be interesting to see who all got into top 5 schools? What was their background and most imp. their GMAT score....
IMO for Adcoms indian with normal WE and high GMAT is better than great WE and low GMAT as they use these scores can increase their av. GMAT score..

I completely disagree. Any of the top-5 schools, or top-10 for that matter, can fill their entire student budy with students who all scored 730+ on the GMAT. Your best chance of getting in is to have a well-rounded profile with high marks in all areas.

As for the difficulty of an Indian or Chinese applicant to gain admission, I don't envy their situation. No profile has more competition than say an Indian with an IT background. You have to remember, it's not about looking at specific numbers when admitting a student. It's about how will this applicant bring diversity and value to the class, and what potential does this applicant have in the future.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Technology
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2012, 08:36
There are about a million each year. Good luck for being the one in a million.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 3.28
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2012, 09:37
GZR4DR wrote:
app2012 wrote:

I completely disagree. Any of the top-5 schools, or top-10 for that matter, can fill their entire student budy with students who all scored 730+ on the GMAT. Your best chance of getting in is to have a well-rounded profile with high marks in all areas.

As for the difficulty of an Indian or Chinese applicant to gain admission, I don't envy their situation. No profile has more competition than say an Indian with an IT background. You have to remember, it's not about looking at specific numbers when admitting a student. It's about how will this applicant bring diversity and value to the class, and what potential does this applicant have in the future.

Well i completely agree with GZR4DR. What really matters is how you are bringing the diversity to the class and what all can you offer. Every year we can see plenty of guys with a gmat score above 750 gets rejected at B Schools Coz of the same reason. So the bottom line is to stand out of the crowd .
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2012, 04:18
We would advise you to firstly think why is that you want to study abroad. Then you shoukld carefully look out for scholarship options and plan your school list. If the schools you plan to apply do not offer scholarship then you can look for the loan option.
Since finance could eb a big hurdle in your way. We would additionally advise you to calculate your ROI!
First, estimate your investment. This will include the cost of tuition, living expenses, travel expenses, any salary forgone, any interest on loans minus any scholarships or financial incentives offered. Create at least two possible scenarios — one where you get a job immediately after graduating and another where you have to wait for several months. In the second scenario, your costs could increase by as much as 5 per cent.
Then if it fits your budget, go for it!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Any Indian Applying to Top 5 B Schools this year?   [#permalink] 12 Mar 2012, 04:18

Any Indian Applying to Top 5 B Schools this year?

new topic post reply Update application status