Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:21 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Harvard '11
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Re: Are schools able to see where I have sent my GMAT score to? [#permalink]
solaris1 wrote:
Unless you do the silly thing and send a PDF copy of your personal score report to an admissions office and forget to delete page 2 of the score report, which incidentally shows the names of all 5 schools you chose to make your score officially available to. :oops:

msday86 wrote:
kidmann wrote:
e.g. if I sent my score to harvard, are they able to see that I have sent to wharton and stanford as well?

Good question. Schools can NOT see which other schools have received your GMAT scores.

oh dear solaris - did that happen?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Maybe thats not a neccessarilly bad thing to do. I mean if they see you are serious about top programs what the heck, how that can hurt u
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
solaris1 wrote:
Unless you do the silly thing and send a PDF copy of your personal score report to an admissions office and forget to delete page 2 of the score report, which incidentally shows the names of all 5 schools you chose to make your score officially available to. :oops:

:shock: <quickly checking to make sure I didn't do that>

I remember at least one schools asks you to upload your GMAT score report, is it Cornell?

RF
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Kudos
Yep. 8-)

Cornell now knows I sent scores to Kellogg, Stern, Darden, Yale and Tuck. But spiridon is probably right in that it's not really a big deal, just one of those "d-oh!" moments.

Even if anyone asks, I could always make the argument I had no idea what schools I wanted to apply to when I took the GMAT nearly a year ago.

ac8706 wrote:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
solaris1 wrote:
Yep. 8-)

Cornell now knows I sent scores to Kellogg, Stern, Darden, Yale and Tuck. But spiridon is probably right in that it's not really a big deal, just one of those "d-oh!" moments.

ac8706 wrote:

Lol solaris - I think you're right, it's def not a big deal but still one of those :? moments...(and yes of course, I just double checked my apps :))
Current Student
Send PM
solaris1 wrote:
Even if anyone asks, I could always make the argument I had no idea what schools I wanted to apply to when I took the GMAT nearly a year ago.

Exactly. I just ordered two more score reports (only $50 :x ) because I'm not applying at two of the five schools I originally selected.

Honestly, I don't think it matters at all. However, does Cornell ask you in the app where else you are applying? Do the two at least match for the most part?

RF
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
spiridon wrote:
Maybe thats not a neccessarilly bad thing to do. I mean if they see you are serious about top programs what the heck, how that can hurt u

I am asking for the "what other schools did you apply to" question... if you know what I mean 8-)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Nope, they don't ask where else one has applied to on the application. But they'll ask that for sure if I am invited to interview. I'll worry about it then.

refurb wrote:
Exactly. I just ordered two more score reports (only $50 :x ) because I'm not applying at two of the five schools I originally selected.

Honestly, I don't think it matters at all. However, does Cornell ask you in the app where else you are applying? Do the two at least match for the most part?

RF
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General Management; High Tech; Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg School of Management
 Q50  V41
Send PM
I think schools realize any rational individual would apply to more than one, given the chances of acceptance. What the list culd provide them was a general idea of where they are on your list. If they are surrounded by schools with a stronger reputation they can guess they are a backup.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
If they ask during interview, I think we can politely say we want to keep it personal. Anyway schools also do not disclose their recruitment policies. So fair game! :twisted: hmm but i still think they will not ask.
Current Student
Send PM
Gil wrote:
I think schools realize any rational individual would apply to more than one, given the chances of acceptance. What the list culd provide them was a general idea of where they are on your list. If they are surrounded by schools with a stronger reputation they can guess they are a backup.

That pretty much sums it up.

I wouldn't tell them "it's personal". That would probably come across badly. I would just name 2 or 3 schools that are similarly ranked to the one you are interviewing at.

RF
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I hope I can get a response to this before I torture myself with thoughts. One school I applied to requested my report. I had selected 4 schools and luckily it was among the four. I am just worried that seeing the other three they may shake their heads and dismiss my application for the sole reason that I 'may' be applying to the other 3 schools and my letter of intent is just a cover. Also and mainly is it okay to just send page 1 of 3 of my report because page 2 has the schools and well 3 has no point for school. Please HELP!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
Send PM
Kudos
EAGMAT wrote:
I hope I can get a response to this before I torture myself with thoughts. One school I applied to requested my report. I had selected 4 schools and luckily it was among the four. I am just worried that seeing the other three they may shake their heads and dismiss my application for the sole reason that I 'may' be applying to the other 3 schools and my letter of intent is just a cover. Also and mainly is it okay to just send page 1 of 3 of my report because page 2 has the schools and well 3 has no point for school. Please HELP!

I can't answer your question about sending only the first page, but, at least for the schools I am applying, they do ask what other schools I am applying to. Also, I have to send TOEFL score and the official report also indicates my school. So I do not see the point in hiding. But that's in my case.
Another point is, why would a school dismiss you for applying to other schools? I have met very few people who only applied to one schools, so I assume all AdComs are aware of that.
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot