GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 03:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Ask a Kellogg Admissions Officer

new topic post reply Update application status  
Official Business School Representative
Ask a Kellogg Admissions Officer  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2018, 11:34
Hi Everyone,

My name is Matt Baldwin and I am the Associate Director at the Kellogg School of Management. I’m posting here to let everyone know about an exciting new initative designed to connect prospective students with our admissions officers via social media.

For the next week, we will be fielding your questions about the Kellogg admissions process via our Instagram channel (@KelloggSchool)! Simply send us a DM with your question, and then check back in early August when we’ll be sharing videos of the admissions officers answering your questions!

Example questions could include:
    Is there on aspect of the application that is more important than another?
    Can candidates apply to more than one program at a time?
    Is there a difference between applying in Round 1 vs Round 2?

Please Note: No information about the people who ask questions will be shared with the Admissions department, we'll simply be passing along questions for the Admissions team to answer. Asking a question will have no impact an admission decision, positively or negatively. Kellogg will not view the Instagram content of anyone who asks a question, nor would we be able to if your account is set to private. We are only accepting questions via Instagram direct message at this time.

Here is a link to our Instagram: https://kell.gg/kelloggschool

Thank you,
Matt Baldwin, Associate Director of Social Media at Kellogg School of Management
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GRE 1: Q161 V164
Re: Ask a Kellogg Admissions Officer  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2018, 16:48
given the fact that most people will not want Kellogg to know the address of their Instagram account, how many people do you really think will ask you guys questions via that particular social media?

they could potentially make burners or something, but that seems like an awful lot of work...

NYC based Verbal and Writing tutor; taking clients pro bono atm

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2018, 18:02
yamato wrote:
given the fact that most people will not want Kellogg to know the address of their Instagram account, how many people do you really think will ask you guys questions via that particular social media?

they could potentially make burners or something, but that seems like an awful lot of work...

Thank you for sharing your perspective! To clarify, I'm part of our Communications team, which is separate from Admissions. Rest assured that no information about the people who ask questions will be shared with the Admissions team, nor will asking a question impact an admission decision, positively or negatively. We'll simply be passing along questions for them to answer.

In general, I recommend anyone who has concerns about the privacy of their Instagram account to make sure their account is private - that prevents anyone who isn't following them from viewing any of their content.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2018, 23:29
Dear Matt Baldwin,

Thank you for this opportunity. I was wondering if you can help in any way to evaluate a profile and suggest areas of improvement.

Thank you for your time

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2018, 08:19
Bob2018 wrote:
Dear Matt Baldwin,

Thank you for this opportunity. I was wondering if you can help in any way to evaluate a profile and suggest areas of improvement.

Thank you for your time

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply! I am not part of the admissions team so unfortunately I wouldn't be of much help with any profile evaluation. If you do have a specific question about your profile for the admissions team, send a direct message to the @KelloggSchool Instagram account and I will be sure to pass that question along to them!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2018, 23:21
MattBaldwin wrote:
yamato wrote:

Thank you for sharing your perspective! To clarify, I'm part of our Communications team, which is separate from Admissions. Rest assured that no information about the people who ask questions will be shared with the Admissions team, nor will asking a question impact an admission decision, positively or negatively. We'll simply be passing along questions for them to answer.

In general, I recommend anyone who has concerns about the privacy of their Instagram account to make sure their account is private - that prevents anyone who isn't following them from viewing any of their content.

Great work Matt! you have made it very clear in your OP that this will not impact the admissions process and I think that having such an avenue for posting questions is a fantastic move

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 14:43
MattBaldwin wrote:
Hi Everyone,

My name is Matt Baldwin and I am the Associate Director at the Kellogg School of Management. I’m posting here to let everyone know about an exciting new initative designed to connect prospective students with our admissions officers via social media.

For the next week, we will be fielding your questions about the Kellogg admissions process via our Instagram channel (@KelloggSchool)! Simply send us a DM with your question, and then check back in early August when we’ll be sharing videos of the admissions officers answering your questions!

Example questions could include:
    Is there on aspect of the application that is more important than another?
    Can candidates apply to more than one program at a time?
    Is there a difference between applying in Round 1 vs Round 2?

Please Note: No information about the people who ask questions will be shared with the Admissions department, we'll simply be passing along questions for the Admissions team to answer. Asking a question will have no impact an admission decision, positively or negatively. Kellogg will not view the Instagram content of anyone who asks a question, nor would we be able to if your account is set to private. We are only accepting questions via Instagram direct message at this time.

Here is a link to our Instagram: https://kell.gg/kelloggschool

Thank you,
Matt Baldwin, Associate Director of Social Media at Kellogg School of Management

Thank you to everyone who submitted a question to our Admissions team! The team had a great time answering your questions. Their answers are now available via our @KelloggSchool Instagram Story. The story will be live for 24 hours and then can be found in the "Highlights" section of our Instagram page, just below our bio.

We tried to provide answers that addressed as many questions as possible, but due to the volume of questions we received we were not able to answer every question. The good news is additional admissions information is available via our Virtual Admissions Sessions. Those can be found on our Webinars page, here: https://kell.gg/admwb

We will also be hosting an Admissions Application Live Chat on August 22, which presents another opportunity to ask questions of our Admissions officers. More information and registration will be on our Webinars page next week.

Thanks again and I wish all of you good luck with your applications!
Re: Ask a Kellogg Admissions Officer &nbs [#permalink] 02 Aug 2018, 14:43

Ask a Kellogg Admissions Officer

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap