Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Re: Australian looking at US business schools [#permalink]
Hi there,

All US B-Schools appreciate diversity and being as Aussie could be a selling point of your application. If you get a decent GMAT of 650 to 680, your low GPA could be mitigated and yes, the quality of work experience would also take care of this to an extent. But it all depends on how well you present them in your application essays.

As for the the schools, you could also look at UMass Amherst also. Good luck with your application process.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi - We are happy to offer you some feedback. Would you like to schedule a Skype call to talk in detail about your candidacy, and so you can ask me questions as I offer feedback? That tends to be much more productive than me offering you advice based the information you provided here and then you replying with more questions. One thing I do want to share is that you are not aiming too high, I think you are too worried about your undergraduate GPA. If you are able to do well on the GMAT exam (and "do well" is a relative terms because that is dependent on the level of schools you are interested in), your GPA can be forgiven (especially given that you worked your way through college, which you can address in an optional essay). We have worked with folks with 2.18 GPA/620 GMAT and gotten them into Columbia and Stern for example. It took hard work to make the client exceptional along every other metric, and to ensure he showed both a quant and vernal appetite through his resume, essays and LORs. but that work was worth the thoughtful effort and a natural part of our process. So we believe you could aim higher if you would like, though it isn't necessary. Just please know that you could attend any top program and find opportunities in Boston as recruiters for top schools hire folks for all major locations in the US (and around the world).

Ok, let me know if you would like to connect via Skype to further dive into your candidacy. Thanks!

Kathryn Lucas, Founder
SQUARE ONE PREP
kathrynlucas@squareoneprep.com
Direct: +1.917.705.4460
Toll Free: +1.888.702.3542
Mobile: +1.917.841.6833
https://www.squareoneprep.com/
GMAT Club Bot