GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 12:13

Stanford R1 Interview Decisions:

Join Chat Room for Live Updates

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • $450 Tuition Credit & Official CAT Packs FREE

November 15, 2018

November 15, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

EMPOWERgmat is giving away the complete Official GMAT Exam Pack collection worth $100 with the 3 Month Pack ($299)
  • Free GMAT Strategy Webinar

November 17, 2018

November 17, 2018

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Nov. 17, 7 AM PST. Aiming to score 760+? Attend this FREE session to learn how to Define your GMAT Strategy, Create your Study Plan and Master the Core Skills to excel on the GMAT.

BEST CLASSES FOR GMAT IN INDIA - Jamboreeeducation Seriously !!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
BEST CLASSES FOR GMAT IN INDIA - Jamboreeeducation Seriously !!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2018, 17:40
If you are planning to join Jamboree education for Maths .... go for it. But for verbal don't expect anything. Verbal faculty - Ms Deepika Awasthi teaches us the techniques to solve the Questions. But THE FUNNY part is that She also could not apply the same.....For the GOD sake .... How the hell a student will apply that in exam????.... No doubt Jamboree was a nice place for GMAT in India. But their faculty selection for verbal has downgraded now. I have complained about the FACULTY to the center's ADMIN but .... they got the MONEY and I'm just a fool.

Pay your 40K+ somewhere else for verbal. This is just my advise. If you want to know more Join the class and feel the pain.
Manager
Manager
S
Status: Started with mock tests,Kaplan and manhattan score's below
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.2
Re: BEST CLASSES FOR GMAT IN INDIA - Jamboreeeducation Seriously !!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2018, 21:02
farooqkhan
The official GMAT material,Manhattan GMAT and a study buddy is enough.Also we can join the webinars that GMAT Club has so frequently.

Thanks,
Ankit
Target Score:730+

If the post was useful,please send the kudos

Manager
Manager
S
Schools: ISB
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GPA: 4
BEST CLASSES FOR GMAT IN INDIA - Jamboreeeducation Seriously !!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Jul 2018, 20:58
You should look at their official material. Their mini sectional tests. One of the questions had 6 options!! Numerous spelling mistakes, 'that' instead of 'than'.
Rather than State Owned, it was written STOWNED, AND THAT WAS THE CORRECT ANSWER!!
WORST EXPLANATIONS EVER.
Consider a sample CR question, the answer to which is, suppose, option D.
Solution:
Option D: Correct
Others: Irrelevant

AND of course their Youtube channel. The instructor of one of the SC series suggests to solve simple SC questions under 10 seconds! That is STUPID.

Regarding the faculty, I believe, it depends on the Branch you are in. I was lucky enough to get a good cooperative staff.
Based only on the staff, i would give jamboree 2.5/5
Based on the common material (Website and Youtube channel), I would give it 0/5.

Overall, i do not recommend Jamboree.
Magoosh/Manhattan, OG, and GMATclub are more than sufficient.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Sky is the limit. 800 is the limit.

~GMAC

Originally posted by vaibhav1221 on 02 Jul 2018, 21:21.
Last edited by vaibhav1221 on 09 Jul 2018, 20:58, edited 2 times in total.
Director
Director
P
Premium Member
Re: BEST CLASSES FOR GMAT IN INDIA - Jamboreeeducation Seriously !!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2018, 12:12
I firmly believe in Self study. There is plenty of material available on the GMAT Club forums & else where on the internet to master the concepts tested & practice variety of problems.

Moreover, on the GMAT club forums, any doubt you have will be cleared by the Best of the Best in GMAT Land for free, all you have to do is ask nicely. I don't think any test prep company can compete with that.

All you need is a focused mindset & a disciplined machine like approach for the prep.

I don't think there are any B School prep companies out there!! Its best you start learning to be on your own, before you jump into B school waters.

Just my 2 cents which sound like a rant!!

Thanks,
GyM

New to GMAT Club - https://gmatclub.com/forum/new-to-gmat-club-need-help-271131.html#p2098335

Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 20:54
Thanks for the information, Farooq! It's sad how you are not able to get the value of your money, feel free to post questions/doubts here. This community is always ready with help.

farooqkhan wrote:
If you are planning to join Jamboree education for Maths .... go for it. But for verbal don't expect anything. Verbal faculty - Ms Deepika Awasthi teaches us the techniques to solve the Questions. But THE FUNNY part is that She also could not apply the same.....For the GOD sake .... How the hell a student will apply that in exam????.... No doubt Jamboree was a nice place for GMAT in India. But their faculty selection for verbal has downgraded now. I have complained about the FACULTY to the center's ADMIN but .... they got the MONEY and I'm just a fool.

Pay your 40K+ somewhere else for verbal. This is just my advise. If you want to know more Join the class and feel the pain.

Stuck in the 600-700 score bracket? I welcome you to read my four-step course of action to a modest score.
I also invite you to critique and help me find flaws in my modus operandi. Thanks!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: BEST CLASSES FOR GMAT IN INDIA - Jamboreeeducation Seriously !! &nbs [#permalink] 09 Jul 2018, 20:54

BEST CLASSES FOR GMAT IN INDIA - Jamboreeeducation Seriously !!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: chetan2u, bb, EMPOWERgmatRichC

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap