Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 22:45 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Which b-school should I choose?

58% [10]
17% [3]
0% [0]
23% [4]
0% [0]
0% [0]
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Masters of Science Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [1]
Given Kudos: 113
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [2]
Given Kudos: 362
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: Booth vs Kellogg vs Stern vs Sloan vs Yale vs Ross [#permalink]
Kudos
I am somewhat biased given that I am a current Sloanie, but concerning Pharma, it is very hard to beat our Cambridge location.

The school places well in Pharma & BioTech and we have all the big companies (Novartis, Pfizer, Bayer, Biogen etc.) around the corner.
Happy to share more context around pharma-focused classes, recruiting options etc. in a quick zoom call if helpful.

Cheers,
Chris
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Oh my word. You’re not making my job easy with these kinds of decisions 😂

I would shortlist to K, B, and Sloan. Maybe…. I don’t see how Ross Yale or Stern will trump these. Then I would enroll in all 3 😂

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Arro44 wrote:
I am somewhat biased given that I am a current Sloanie, but concerning Pharma, it is very hard to beat our Cambridge location.

The school places well in Pharma & BioTech and we have all the big companies (Novartis, Pfizer, Bayer, Biogen etc.) around the corner.
Happy to share more context around pharma-focused classes, recruiting options etc. in a quick zoom call if helpful.

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks Arro44! I would love to learn more about your experience at Sloan and the pharma opportunities offered - will DM you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Oh my word. You’re not making my job easy with these kinds of decisions 😂

I would shortlist to K, B, and Sloan. Maybe…. I don’t see how Ross Yale or Stern will trump these. Then I would enroll in all 3 😂

Haha thanks bb! I was not expecting to have to choose between such fantastic programs...a good problem to have though! I wish I could enroll in all of them, but unfortunately I have a difficult decision ahead of me :idk:
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I wish you could start some kind of an auction for schools to bid/compete for you.

On a serious note, perhaps there is an opportunity to not only choose but perhaps inquire if there are any $$ available. There is no downside. The AdCom team is pretty big so it is not like you will get a black mark on your name. Have you tried/considered this path? I am not suggesting it to be opportunistic but to help with the decision.... 😇
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
I wish you could start some kind of an auction for schools to bid/compete for you.

On a serious note, perhaps there is an opportunity to not only choose but perhaps inquire if there are any $$ available. There is no downside. The AdCom team is pretty big so it is not like you will get a black mark on your name. Have you tried/considered this path? I am not suggesting it to be opportunistic but to help with the decision.... 😇

This is a good suggestion. Especially if there is nothing to lose and only everything to gain if it works, why not try? I'll reach out to the schools and see what they can offer. Thank you bb!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Oh sure. I just talk to another admit in similar boat and her challenges that she did get some scholarships from schools but they were all very similar. And it’s kind of tricky and annoying to go back asking for scholarships when you already got some so your situation is potentially better … 🤷‍♂️ Never thought I would say not having a scholarship would make a situation better but here I am 😂

GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts