GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 26 May 2020, 15:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Booth, Yale, Ross or Tuck?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Booth (Full Ride), Yale (Full Ride), Ross (Full Ride), or Tuck

• 44% [17]
  • 44% [17]
  • 2% [1]
  • 7% [3]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Booth, Yale, Ross or Tuck?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2019, 07:02
I felt a better fit at Yale, but it is hard to justify fit over everything else in my decision process. I appreciate your advice. I enjoyed my visit to Yale, I like the small class size and the mission statement. I am going to business school with my family which also factors into why I want to live in a smaller city. As I go through this process, I just don't think it's rational to turn down an M7 offer. I am going to the Booth "First Day" weekend to see it one more time before the deposit is due.

I am hoping to pivot into tech or general management LDP roles. Long term, I want to go into government service.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2019, 07:53
Hi! Fantastic job on your applications! Congratulations!

I would suggest Chicago if you are thinking of moving with the family. Living downtown with the rest of the Booth community in one of the new buildings (Aqua, etc) would be a great experience. Everything you need is walking distance and no need for a car even.

I know my experience with New Haven has been a bit sketchy but it was over 10 years ago, though I am still hearing it is not the safest of places but better than it used to be.

Ann Arbor with family - I will let souvik101990 perhaps chime in.

PS. I would not base your 2-year experience in a single day visit. Those days can go in many ways and are not the exact predictor of your experience. I voted for Booth and recommend reviewing this topic with a few current students chining in about Booth vs Top 15 programs: https://gmatclub.com/forum/consulting-r ... 12877.html

PS. Tuck gave no $$$?

Posted from my mobile device

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
Sloan MIT School Moderator
P
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Booth, Yale, Ross or Tuck?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2019, 08:11
Actually I am more favourable to Big Names and Yale is the biggest name of all in that, ivy and stuff.
Booth is amazing but Come on, yale!
And you felt your fit at Yale, so, it's cool

It's not like every one who goes to yale has faced anything
But definitely go to Booth that you are doing and choose yourself what you truly desire

By the way, if tuck was a full ride, I would prefer Tuck over any other. :) Tuck is awesome. Try to negotiate a scholarship there if they give you even 70%, with a family, Tuck is kind of the perfect location in a small college town.
I had a virtual experience of there. Wish I could go to Tuck, but apparently I got nothing
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting "GMAT Club special"
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2019, 13:57
Thank you bb, I appreciate your candid advice. I did not receive any scholarship from Tuck which was interesting despite having received scholarships from the other schools.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2019, 14:07
Tuck has the EQ-IQ, thing and that probably was their rationale for not giving the $$$s

Some additional information,
I know Yale and Dartmouth both have excellent government programs, and Yale is also known for its non profit program.

Public administration is generally good at Chicago and Michigan.

Tech recruiting is generally good across all of these schools

With your long term goals, I would probably think of Yale or Booth. If you go to Booths first day, they’ll definitely convince you to stay with Booth (it happened with a close from of mine not too long ago)

I’ll probably vote for Yale here
Alum
V
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2019, 19:27
Of all the options, I would go for Booth. It would be a great experience with your family, and with the fairly large class size, I am sure you will find several partner clubs and communities.

That said, the family culture at Ann Arbor is definitely pretty good. I moved to AA single, but have a bunch of friends with their family members. Spouses often get jobs at UofM, so it works out financially pretty well too! There's a lot of family stuff to do around, as Ann Arbor is a small cozy town that is built around families (except for the students :) )

For your goals around tech and general management, all of these schools will be great, though I would vote in favor of Booth and Ross more than Yale and Tuck.
Re: Booth, Yale, Ross or Tuck?   [#permalink] 28 Dec 2019, 19:27

Booth, Yale, Ross or Tuck?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate