Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 09:24 It is currently 08 May 2024, 09:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Stern '13
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Col ED, Booth, NYU
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink]
Just completed my off-campus interview last night. It was very relaxed, maybe too relaxed. She was a recent alum and she was very friendly but we didn't really click since our backgrounds were so different. Mostly typical questions.

Walk me through your resume.
Asked a leadership question about a specific part of my resume.
What is your leadership style?
Why career switch?
Why Booth?
What extracurricular activities are you involved in?

Then I asked her questions about her experience at Booth. It was very quick, about 30 minutes. It definitely felt like a "dead meat" interview. I wasn't as crisp as I would have liked to have been since I spent so much time preparing for weird behavioural questions.

Oh well, as part of the "Just in case" interview cohort, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a waitlist status update on December 15!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
StevenFaulkner wrote:
Just completed my off-campus interview last night. It was very relaxed, maybe too relaxed. She was a recent alum and she was very friendly but we didn't really click since our backgrounds were so different. Mostly typical questions.

Walk me through your resume.
Asked a leadership question about a specific part of my resume.
What is your leadership style?
Why career switch?
Why Booth?
What extracurricular activities are you involved in?

Then I asked her questions about her experience at Booth. It was very quick, about 30 minutes. It definitely felt like a "dead meat" interview. I wasn't as crisp as I would have liked to have been since I spent so much time preparing for weird behavioural questions.

Oh well, as part of the "Just in case" interview cohort, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a waitlist status update on December 15!!

Hey man, it ain't over till it's over! The was a recent alumna and you're unlikely to be dead meat if the interviewer isn't already feeling the saturation. I had virtually nothing in common with my interviewer in terms of background but I walked away from that way better than I felt from one of my other interviewers. And this year I doubt there's much of a "just in case" thing because a lot of people didn't go under review until quite late. Hang in there!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Col ED, Booth, NYU
 Q50  V42
Send PM
osbornecox wrote:
Hey man, it ain't over till it's over! The was a recent alumna and you're unlikely to be dead meat if the interviewer isn't already feeling the saturation. I had virtually nothing in common with my interviewer in terms of background but I walked away from that way better than I felt from one of my other interviewers. And this year I doubt there's much of a "just in case" thing because a lot of people didn't go under review until quite late. Hang in there!

Heh. I wish I could share your optimism osborne. Oh wait, I can. I am very optimistic about your chances at Booth.

Seriously though, if I make it in, the first one is on me. And I'm a very cheap man, so that says something. =D
Current Student
Send PM
Ya never know.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
JustAnotherIndian wrote:
I had my interview on-campus with an alum on Saturday. It was a very relaxed and conversational interview. We went through the usual "walk me through your resume", "why an MBA?", and "Why Booth" kind of questions. We also discussed at length my work profile because of how uncommon it is. Finally, I asked him about his experiences at Booth. I thought I did well, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Which leads me to ask, do we know if they are going to be calling admitted applicant before the 15th or will all decisions be sent out only on the 15th?

Hi JustAnotherIndian, did you get a reply to the thank you note?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 370 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
in case someone is in the same situation, my interview status is still "In Progress" even if my interview was 2 weeks ago. Fortunately I realized that and I contacted the school. They confirmed that my interviewer hasn't sent the report yet (he forgot maybe?), and they have contacted him.
Not sure what he is going to remember after 2 weeks....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
anytimeuneed wrote:
JustAnotherIndian wrote:
I had my interview on-campus with an alum on Saturday. It was a very relaxed and conversational interview. We went through the usual "walk me through your resume", "why an MBA?", and "Why Booth" kind of questions. We also discussed at length my work profile because of how uncommon it is. Finally, I asked him about his experiences at Booth. I thought I did well, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Which leads me to ask, do we know if they are going to be calling admitted applicant before the 15th or will all decisions be sent out only on the 15th?

Yes, I did. He asked me to go ahead and shoot him questions if I wanted. I don't really know what to ask him though :P
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBABound11 wrote:
I interviewed earlier this week and it still reads invite to interview. Av when did your status change?

I called the Adcom, they told me that the decision does not change from "Invite for Interview" till Decision date. The next status after "Invite for Interview" is Reject or Admit. Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JustAnotherIndian wrote:
anytimeuneed wrote:
JustAnotherIndian wrote:

Yes, I did. He asked me to go ahead and shoot him questions if I wanted. I don't really know what to ask him though :P

JustAnotherIndian --> Thanks for the reply. Did he wish you luck for your bschool application? Did he wish you luck in general?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 104
Concentration: Finance; Entrepreneurship
Schools:MIT Sloan Class of 2013
 Q49  V36
Send PM
anytimeuneed wrote:
MBABound11 wrote:
I interviewed earlier this week and it still reads invite to interview. Av when did your status change?

I called the Adcom, they told me that the decision does not change from "Invite for Interview" till Decision date. The next status after "Invite for Interview" is Reject or Admit. Hope this helps.

You forgot waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
anytimeuneed wrote:
JustAnotherIndian wrote:
anytimeuneed wrote:

JustAnotherIndian --> Thanks for the reply. Did he wish you luck for your bschool application? Did he wish you luck in general?

He just said "Best of luck in this process"
I'm guessing the interviewer doesn't know if the person will get in or not.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Booth R1 (WL), NYU R1 (WL), Kellogg JD/MBA R2, Tepper R2, Ross R2 (admit)
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Mortgage
Send PM
Mine wished me a Happy Thanksgiving in his reply. That means I'm totally in!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
rid82 wrote:
in case someone is in the same situation, my interview status is still "In Progress" even if my interview was 2 weeks ago. Fortunately I realized that and I contacted the school. They confirmed that my interviewer hasn't sent the report yet (he forgot maybe?), and they have contacted him.

I'm in the exact same position (In Progress). It's a little nerve racking. I don't even remember exactly what I answered. Did they contact him before you called or do you think I should also contact admissions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
wmcrockett wrote:
Mine wished me a Happy Thanksgiving in his reply. That means I'm totally in!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that's actually code for Full Ride! Congrats! :-D
Current Student
Send PM
sausagenpeppers wrote:
rid82 wrote:

I'm in the exact same position (In Progress). It's a little nerve racking. I don't even remember exactly what I answered. Did they contact him before you called or do you think I should also contact admissions?

I was In Progress until yesterday, then the status changed once the interviewer submitted his report. It took about 10 days or so, but he was having some technical difficulties in between, which he was kind enough to let me know of.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
atish wrote:
Just got a call from the Admissions Director at Booth.
I have been accepted into the Evening MBA program for summer 2011.
I was surprised to get an admission decision in less thank a week.
Wow I am excited, Booth was the only school I applied to and was accepted.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

Thanks,
Atish

Do your research before attending. PT != FT. You probably know that but just in case.....
Current Student
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
atish wrote:
Just got a call from the Admissions Director at Booth.
I have been accepted into the Evening MBA program for summer 2011.
I was surprised to get an admission decision in less thank a week.
Wow I am excited, Booth was the only school I applied to and was accepted.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

Thanks,
Atish

Do your research before attending. PT != FT. You probably know that but just in case.....

You have HHonors Diamond as an affiliation? Makes two of us -- I have enough points to spend 15 days at a level 6. Was that affiliation included in your application? :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  38   39   40   41   42  ...  185   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts