Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Schools:Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Non-profits
 Q47  V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Penn State (Admit and Matriculating), Simon (R3-WL), Rady (R2-Admit w/$), Merage (R2-Ding w/o Interview), Rutgers (R2-Admit)
 Q45  V35
WE 1: Photo USA
WE 2: ASUS Computer International
WE 3: Cavium Networks
Send PM
Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink]
How long did it take from the date you interviewed, till the time you received your admittance?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: IBUS, Leadership
Schools:HBS (R2-Ding), Wharton (R2-Ding), MIT (R2-Ding), McCombs (R2-Accepted), Tuck (R2-WL), NYU (R2-WL)
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
I recieved a letter today from Simon that says I'm a premier candidate or something based on my GRE profile (which were rather low) -- I am a native New Yorker and am considering applying...thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Management Consulting
Schools:Kenan Flagler (R2-Interviewed - Ding), Tuck (R3 - Ding), UCLA (R2 - Ding), Haas (R3), Tepper (R2-Ding), McCombs (R2 - Ding w/o Interview), Simon (R2-Admit)
 Q48  V27 GMAT 2: 700  Q50  V35
GPA: 3.86
WE 1: 6
Send PM
C20 wrote:
I recieved a letter today from Simon that says I'm a premier candidate or something based on my GRE profile (which were rather low) -- I am a native New Yorker and am considering applying...thoughts?

I too received the letter. I am from India and applied in Jan round, was interviewed on Jan 30th and still waiting to hear back from Simon. Guess they send out the letter based on GMAT or GRE profile. As far as the school goes, it is small class with great community and good professors. I have talked to lots of students and got a great feeling.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Simon,Owen,Rotman,Kelley
 Q42  V27 GMAT 2: 640  Q47  V32
GPA: 3.1
WE 1: Technology services-Banking 4 yrs
Send PM
Has anyone received a ding so far from the school? I submitted my app on 4th jan, the status of the application was updated on 26th jan to complete,under reviw. Been more than a month since then and i havent heard anything on my application. The status is stillt he same. I know my chances are almost over considering students have already been interview and the admissions have been rolled out. So y isnt the school letting the guys know who didnt make it in the cut.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kenan Flagler (R2-Interviewed - Ding), Tuck (R3 - Ding), UCLA (R2 - Ding), Haas (R3), Tepper (R2-Ding), McCombs (R2 - Ding w/o Interview), Simon (R2-Admit)
Send PM
rajatkalia85 wrote:
Has anyone received a ding so far from the school? I submitted my app on 4th jan, the status of the application was updated on 26th jan to complete,under reviw. Been more than a month since then and i havent heard anything on my application. The status is stillt he same. I know my chances are almost over considering students have already been interview and the admissions have been rolled out. So y isnt the school letting the guys know who didnt make it in the cut.

I have been waiting for almost 5 weeks now since I had my interview on Jan 30th. Guess they have already informed applicants (already interviewed) they want to admit.
Manager
Manager
Schools:Penn State (Admit and Matriculating), Simon (R3-WL), Rady (R2-Admit w/$), Merage (R2-Ding w/o Interview), Rutgers (R2-Admit)
 Q45  V35
Send PM
abhishekg82 wrote:
rajatkalia85 wrote:

I have been waiting for almost 5 weeks now since I had my interview on Jan 30th. Guess they have already informed applicants (already interviewed) they want to admit.

Likewise. I interviewed at the end of January and have been waiting since. I've already gotten admits from all my other schools, but I really want to go to Simon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tipsy wrote:
abhishekg82 wrote:
rajatkalia85 wrote:

Likewise. I interviewed at the end of January and have been waiting since. I've already gotten admits from all my other schools, but I really want to go to Simon.

Where did you interview?
Manager
Manager
 Q45  V35
Send PM
abhishekg82 wrote:
Where did you interview?

I flew from California to Rochester for their Open Interview Day, late January.
Current Student
Send PM
C20 wrote:

Hi C20.

I'm an incoming Simon MBA class of 2013 student. My entire Simon application began with the same letter. I followed up, and was surprised by how responsive and attentive the admission staff was/is. I would at least look into applying and speak with some current students to determine if the school is a fit.

If you have specific questions about my experience, feel free to private message me.
Current Student
Send PM
Tipsy wrote:
abhishekg82 wrote:
Where did you interview?

I flew from California to Rochester for their Open Interview Day, late January.

Just as a point of reference-

I submitted rather early, and heard close to the notification deadline. I think admissions likes to do their due diligence since they have a smaller incoming class.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 3: 740  Q49  V41
Send PM
Hi mba20thirteen,

When did you submit your application and when did you get an interview invite?

I had submitted my application on Jan 5th and got an interview invite today! So that's a looooooooooooooooong wait.

740, 4.5 WE, Indian IT Male.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Simon,Owen,Rotman,Kelley
 Q42  V27 GMAT 2: 640  Q47  V32
GPA: 3.1
WE 1: Technology services-Banking 4 yrs
Send PM
Sridhar123 wrote:
Hi mba20thirteen,

I had submitted my application on Jan 5th and got an interview invite today! So that's a looooooooooooooooong wait.

Hi Sridhar,

Even i submitted my application on the 4th of jan. I got an interview invite on 8th March. It was a long wait. I dont know what to make out of it. all the best with your interview.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 3: 740  Q49  V41
Send PM
Same to you mate! Let's give our best shot at it!
Current Student
Send PM
Sridhar123 wrote:
Hi mba20thirteen,

I went to the first open interview day, which -if I remember correctly- was in late October. I had submitted my application a couple of weeks before attending.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Has any one deposited the 1500 USD amount?
Is that enough for a confirmation or we have to also submit official transcript?
Current Student
Send PM
iamwhoiam123 wrote:
Is that enough for a confirmation or we have to also submit official transcript?

I submitted my official transcripts. I would arrange to have them sent to cover all of your bases.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mba20thirteen wrote:
iamwhoiam123 wrote:

I submitted my official transcripts. I would arrange to have them sent to cover all of your bases.

I deposited the 1500 on the due date and I also sent my official transcripts.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts