Last visit was: 18 Jun 2024, 01:06 It is currently 18 Jun 2024, 01:06
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
Send PM
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I am Brazilian and I had my interview on Tuesday. My interviewer was from LATAM, but not Brazilian. It went on for almost 2 hours and it was definitely a conversation, as opposed to a structured interview but I also got the describe a leadership scenario, describe a time when you turned a negative into a positive, and similar questions. My interviewer was the nicest guy and always seemed impressed with my answers.

Similarly to what the alum said to uirabr, my interviewer asked me to PLEASE keep him updated on news and tell him what I decided. We also discussed that we will connect again once the process was over I can introduce him to some people since he is new to living in Brazil.

Latams are notably A LOT more open/friendly than American interviewers. I can say that my interview with an American 2nd year (at Wharton) was totally different then my 4 other interviews with Brazilians/Latam interviewrs.

It's definitely a lot easier to connect with someone with a more similar culture.

Good luck everyone! And be prepared for a normal and nice discussion with some typical behavorial questions in the mix.

Uirabr - was your Alum Brazilian? Wondering if we got the same!

Originally posted by mpg2011 on 02 Feb 2012, 10:31.
Last edited by mpg2011 on 02 Feb 2012, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mpg2011 wrote:
I am Brazilian and I had my interview on Tuesday. My interviewer was from LATAM, but not Brazilian. It went on for almost 2 hours and it was definitely a conversation, as opposed to a structured interview but I also got the describe a leadership scenario, describe a time when you turned a negative into a positive, and similar questions. My interviewer was the nicest guy and always seemed impressed with my answers.

Similarly to what the alum said to uirabr, my interviewer asked me to PLEASE keep him updated on news and tell him what he decided. We also discussed that we will connect again once the process was over I can introduce him to some people since he is new to living in Brazil.

Latams are notably A LOT more open/friendly than American interviewers. I can say that my interview with an American 2nd year (at Wharton) was totally different then my 4 other interviews with Brazilians/Latam interviewrs.

It's definitely a lot easier to connect with someone with a more similar culture.

Good luck everyone! And be prepared for a normal and nice discussion with some typical behavorial questions in the mix.

Yes he was.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
uirabr wrote:
mpg2011 wrote:

Similarly to what the alum said to uirabr, my interviewer asked me to PLEASE keep him updated on news and tell him what he decided. We also discussed that we will connect again once the process was over I can introduce him to some people since he is new to living in Brazil.

Yes he was.

Ah, mine was from another South American country.

Hey, good luck to you!! Are you a guy or a girl?? Hopefully we are not in direct competition and will both get in!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm a guy.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Applied on 1/4 and received interview invite yesterday at 4:57 pm
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3
Send PM
By these interview invites dicussions, I think we're gonna get another big Brazilian group next year. :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1298 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
Sounds good! How many brazilians were accepted to the class of 2013? how many enrolled?

dalillama wrote:
By these interview invites dicussions, I think we're gonna get another big Brazilian group next year. :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Does Booth need you to send any certificates/transcripts to them upon receiving an interview invite or only on receiving an admit?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Kudos
They only need upon admit, and besides they should have a temporary one to reference from your original application. But they need an official one sent in after admission not for interview. Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
No invites today?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
random question for those who have scheduled on-campus interviews (I've already bugged the office and don't want to be too annoying):

if you need to re-do your on-campus interview request (change time due to cutting my outbound flight too close) how do you do that?

I see a "cancel response" button but want to make sure this won't cancel my whole response to interviewing and that I will be able to re-pick.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE:Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Seem large wave has gone....sigh...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yay for a big Brazilian group!! I met some great Brazilians during the process... I hope they accept a large number of us for the class of 2014!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
Send PM
Kudos
whentimefly wrote:
Seem large wave has gone....sigh...

I encourage you to go look at the home page of the 2011 Booth forum (last year's counterpart to this forum) and see the number of matriculating students who received invites in February (some as late as Feb 12). Keep the faith for now, its a 3 week window for a reason.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3
Send PM
miguelmick wrote:
Sounds good! How many brazilians were accepted to the class of 2013? how many enrolled?

dalillama wrote:

I don't have the stats for admits, but right now in the class of 2013 we have 16 Brazilians.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dalillama wrote:
miguelmick wrote:

dalillama wrote:

I don't have the stats for admits, but right now in the class of 2013 we have 16 Brazilians.

That's a really good number! It's great for us that the Booth Alumni in the country is growing!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
For what it's worth the Booth Gleacher center (which is the downtown campus, used mostly for EMBA classes) has flags from select countries out front, which represent countries that are well-represented at Booth. In addition to the U.S., there is one for Brazil and South Korea (I am sure there are others, including probably the UK). There definitely is a large South American presence at U of C, across both the undergraduate and graduate schools.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  73   74   75   76   77  ...  117   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6954 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts