GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Aug 2020, 19:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2020, 00:32
donesd wrote:
MS2020 wrote:
Hello, I have an urgent question regarding the INSEAD Video essay.

Can I assume that the AdCom has read my essays when answering the questions? More specifically, can I assume they know the companies I’ve worked at etc?

So when I answer, can I just start with “when I worked at company XXX I had this experience...”

Or will I have to say “My first job was at company XXX, a graphic design studio. Here, I had XXX experiecne”

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device

Hmm.. They should be evaluating the essays as a package with the video essays. As for whether they read the essays first before the videos, I wouldn't bet on it. I recall seeing one interview by Virginie Fougea, INSEAD's Admissions Director where she mentioned that she likes to read the personal essays first before the work essays, and jump back and forth between questions. So who knows whether they will see the videos first before the essays.

I would treat it like an elevator pitch. If the company you worked at is relatively well-known, then skip it. I also took a stopwatch and timed your second statement to be about 2 seconds more than the first, that shouldn't eat too much into your time.

Just my thoughts, maybe others can chip in.

Thank you! This helps - I think it’s best to set some context before diving in, so I will go with option 2.

Thanks again
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2020, 01:52
Do any of you know if Insead will wait until July 24 to send all acceptance/rejection letters? Or is it possible they will send it before? I received my invitation to the interviews before the deadline but I don't know if it is the same for the final decision.
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2020, 03:06
ottawa1223 wrote:
Do any of you know if Insead will wait until July 24 to send all acceptance/rejection letters? Or is it possible they will send it before? I received my invitation to the interviews before the deadline but I don't know if it is the same for the final decision.
Thanks!

They will send decisions before and up to the deadline.

Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 03 Jul 2020, 08:53
Just finished the video component. In my case, 2 questions were similar to the ones shared in this thread. Below 2 questions are new:

a. If you are the CEO of a company, what will you do to improve people's lives in general.
b. Give an example of how and why networking is important for start-ups.

All the best to R3 applicants!

Originally posted by mbadream20 on 03 Jul 2020, 07:52.
Last edited by mbadream20 on 03 Jul 2020, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2020, 07:54
Finished my video essay this evening. Had the following 4 questions:

1. If your company changed business priorities, how would lead your colleagues/ team through it?

2. Why are you a good fit for INSEAD?

3. Discuss a culturally diverse experience that impacted you positively/ negatively.

4. Tell us about a problem that you solved creatively.
Manager
Manager
S
GRE 1: Q160 V160

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2020, 09:11
Good luck everyone in R3 and those in R2 as well! I hope you (we) hear back before the deadline.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2020, 09:15
Finished my video essays. Here are my questions -

- If you find a team member not performing or pulling their weight in a project as must as they have to, how do you address the issue with them?

- Tell us about an international experience for study, work or travel and what did you learn from the experiences.

- Why are you a good fit for INSEAD?

- Does meaningful work equate to success?

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '22 (S)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37 (Online)

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2020, 03:31
I am a R2 applicant and have done both interviews now, which I think went pretty well. How are people feeling about starting in January? Has INSEAD confirmed whether classes will be physical/online or a hybrid model? Is anyone having second thoughts with the possibility of a second wave coming up and the job market not recovering by the time we have to apply for internships?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2020, 07:06
A new INSEAD Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-201/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1343
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2020, 08:08
FeelingLucky wrote:
I am a R2 applicant and have done both interviews now, which I think went pretty well. How are people feeling about starting in January? Has INSEAD confirmed whether classes will be physical/online or a hybrid model? Is anyone having second thoughts with the possibility of a second wave coming up and the job market not recovering by the time we have to apply for internships?

I feel great and ready to start (if admitted)! I have not received anything about how classes will take place in January. They are still dealing with the current intake that has been delayed if I am not mistaken. It is a bit early to see what happens in January, especially if vaccines are out by then. What is your take on it?
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2020, 08:16
tujnguyen wrote:
A new INSEAD Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-201/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1343

Thanks for posting. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '22 (S)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37 (Online)

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2020, 08:35
Agreed it’s too early to call. I’m feeling positive on the whole and would definitely accept if admitted. My concerns are the usual: having virtual classes for a long duration and of course the impact on job prospects given the shorter duration of the course

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2020, 12:02
In the middle of a crisis lies opportunity :)

FeelingLucky wrote:
Agreed it’s too early to call. I’m feeling positive on the whole and would definitely accept if admitted. My concerns are the usual: having virtual classes for a long duration and of course the impact on job prospects given the shorter duration of the course

Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 3.85
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2020, 18:13
Hi, thank you for the debrief! That's very helpful!

did you apply to any other schools? If so, did you tell her honestly?

Thanks again!!

tujnguyen wrote:
Both interviews were very chill, one more than the other.

First interviewer is in the same field as me currently. We had a bit of problem nailing the interview time due to her busy schedule. It started with some chit-chatting about working-from-home arrangement for both of us. Then I spent the next 20 minutes telling my story from birth to where I am today, touching various aspects of life. She then asked me the standard questions:
- Which other schools have I applied?
- Why only INSEAD?
- What if I didn't get in?
- How would I prepare myself and deal with the high-pace life in INSEAD?
We were left with only a couple of minutes for Q&A so i asked about her post-MBA career choice and how she has grown in INSEAD.

Second interviewer is from the industry that I want to go to post-MBA. We started more unstructured but we still cover the basic questions:
- Why MBA?
- Why INSEAD?
- Why now?
Once my story made sense, the interviewer was very supportive and shared with me his experience before, during and after MBA.

Overall, it was a very good experience. Now finger-crossed, waiting for the final result.

It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all- In which case, you fail by default. -J.K. Rowling

Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. -Steve Jobs

"The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves."
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2020, 19:48
gempony wrote:

Thanks again!!

tujnguyen wrote:

First interviewer is in the same field as me currently. We had a bit of problem nailing the interview time due to her busy schedule. It started with some chit-chatting about working-from-home arrangement for both of us. Then I spent the next 20 minutes telling my story from birth to where I am today, touching various aspects of life. She then asked me the standard questions:
- Why only INSEAD?
We were left with only a couple of minutes for Q&A so i asked about her post-MBA career choice and how she has grown in INSEAD.

Second interviewer is from the industry that I want to go to post-MBA. We started more unstructured but we still cover the basic questions:
- Why MBA?
- Why INSEAD?
- Why now?
Once my story made sense, the interviewer was very supportive and shared with me his experience before, during and after MBA.

Overall, it was a very good experience. Now finger-crossed, waiting for the final result.

Hey, I only applied to INSEAD, so i told her that. I guess my advice to be honest, if you have strong justification for your choice, it would hold up. But i know it's easier for me to say so.
Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 3.85
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 00:34
tujnguyen wrote:
gempony wrote:

Thanks again!!

tujnguyen wrote:

- Why only INSEAD?

- Why MBA?
- Why INSEAD?
- Why now?

Hey, I only applied to INSEAD, so i told her that. I guess my advice to be honest, if you have strong justification for your choice, it would hold up. But i know it's easier for me to say so.

Ok got it. Thanks for your answer! and Good luck!

It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all- In which case, you fail by default. -J.K. Rowling

Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. -Steve Jobs

"The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves."
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 12:46
So what do we discuss as we await the decision? :)
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 12:48
What other schools are you’ll applying to? Perhaps in R1 in Sept?

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 13:14
nandanf1 wrote:

None. INSEAD it is!
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 13:56
nandanf1 wrote:

How about you?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !   [#permalink] 07 Jul 2020, 13:56

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  52   53   54   55   56   57   58  ...  75    Next  [ 1483 posts ] 

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, uc26, pabpinor