It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 12:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016)

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Apr 2010
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2015, 01:19
tomanu4u wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to all who are admitted. And those who are on waitlist, need not be disheartened. I had been rejected by many colleges before I got this admit. So something much better would be in store for all of you. My profile is as below:
Gmat - 690
Toefl-109
Post graduate diploma certificate in Power Plant engineering
B.tech - ECE
around 3.5 years work ex in Procurement in a leading power sector company in India.


Congrats tomanu4u! Could you please share other colleges where you applied for MSCM?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 0

Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2015, 02:50
1
This post received
KUDOS
vinayak123 wrote:
tomanu4u wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to all who are admitted. And those who are on waitlist, need not be disheartened. I had been rejected by many colleges before I got this admit. So something much better would be in store for all of you. My profile is as below:
Gmat - 690
Toefl-109
Post graduate diploma certificate in Power Plant engineering
B.tech - ECE
around 3.5 years work ex in Procurement in a leading power sector company in India.


Congrats tomanu4u! Could you please share other colleges where you applied for MSCM?



For MSCM I applied for the MIT scale network. I got an admit to the Malaysia campus. Rest I applied to the MBA programs in supply chain concentration.

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Apr 2010
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2015, 05:13
tomanu4u wrote:
vinayak123 wrote:
tomanu4u wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to all who are admitted. And those who are on waitlist, need not be disheartened. I had been rejected by many colleges before I got this admit. So something much better would be in store for all of you. My profile is as below:
Gmat - 690
Toefl-109
Post graduate diploma certificate in Power Plant engineering
B.tech - ECE
around 3.5 years work ex in Procurement in a leading power sector company in India.


Congrats tomanu4u! Could you please share other colleges where you applied for MSCM?



For MSCM I applied for the MIT scale network. I got an admit to the Malaysia campus. Rest I applied to the MBA programs in supply chain concentration.


Great, do you have any insights in Malaysia campus? I consider MIT scale network more of Quants whereas Ross is more on business side and wasn't sure about quality and placement scenario I terms of moving to USA or Europe after that.

Did any of the MBA you applied to is one year program?

I am a late entrant and still evaluating lot of options.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2015
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2015, 20:55
tomanu4u wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to all who are admitted. And those who are on waitlist, need not be disheartened. I had been rejected by many colleges before I got this admit. So something much better would be in store for all of you. My profile is as below:
Gmat - 690
Toefl-109
Post graduate diploma certificate in Power Plant engineering
B.tech - ECE
around 3.5 years work ex in Procurement in a leading power sector company in India.


Hi tomanu4u,

Congrats on the admit. I am planning to apply for the MSCM in round 2.
My current GMAT is 650. Do you think if I need to give another try for a better score and apply in round 3?

My profile:
Gmat - 650
B.tech - 8.1/10 from MIT (Anna University, Chennai)
6+ years work ex in IT Services company in India

Thanks
_________________

_______________________________________________________________________

Thanks for all your help!
Kudos are a real motivation !!!

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 8

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 0

Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2015, 09:41
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hello All,

vinayak123 - you have done a great research on both Ross and MISI ( MIT malaysia). As far as malaysia campus is considered, they attract all the good companies. But most of the times the students are not shortlisted and moving to US/Europe in short term is difficult. I did talk to a few alumni and a few current students. They mentioned that you will not be a full time alumni of the MIT but an associate alumni. So in the malaysia campus you will get a great environment to enhance your knowledge but you wont be able to carry the MIT tag. There are also certain other short comings. But in the end its a great college and this will be MISI's 4th batch. So with time it will make a great name for itself in the Supply chain dominated Asian context.

As far as Ross is concerned, you will attend the classes with the Ross MBA. So you will have a broader network. Plus the Ross tag. And the 14 week paid internship is a great asset to this curriculum. The fees is hefty compared with the MISI but i think its worth it.

I did not apply to any of the 1-year MBA program. I applied to the US colleges but was rejected from all of them. I was not not wait-listed. So you are at a much better position.

1yrofchange - As you must have checked that the average GMAT score for the Ross MSCM is 699 and the mid 80% range is 670-710. I would suggest you to retake the GMAT for a better shot. But it is for you to decide whether to apply in round two with 650 and then later update the score or retake the GMAT and then apply in round three.

More than your GMAT, i believe, your application is important. Each and every aspect of it. So, do not take your essays, LORs and oher stuffs lightly. A great deal of homework is required for a perfect application.

In case you feel to talk to me, do PM me regarding your applications.Not just specific to Ross.

Regards
Vaibhav

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Apr 2015
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2015, 03:02
Hi all,

Any idea how many applicants are waitlisted from india and what % of waitlisted people finally get admitted?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2015
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2015, 01:56
srcR wrote:
Hi all,

Any idea how many applicants are waitlisted from india and what % of waitlisted people finally get admitted?


Hi SCR,

As far as I know nearly 5 applicants were waitlisted from India and I was one among them. My waitlist was cleared in just 5 days and I got an admission.

So if you are in waitlist don't lose hope. Try to get feedback from Admissions committee and keep them updated regarding your steps to improve your profile to clear the waitlist. That should help.

Good luck!

Best
Nivedha

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2015
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2015, 08:18
Hello,
Did anyone apply in round 2 and receive a interview invitation? I applied in round 2 but didn't hear anything yet...
Thank you!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jul 2013
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2015, 11:36
Hi ,

I have applied in round 2. Still waiting for a response from the school. Have any of the round two applicants got an invite for the interview yet?

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 23

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2015
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2015, 12:10
vivekvijayan wrote:
Hi ,

I have applied in round 2. Still waiting for a response from the school. Have any of the round two applicants got an invite for the interview yet?


Hi Vivekvijayan,

I applied in round2 and didn't hear anything from the school...

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jul 2013
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2015, 21:43
graceyy26oung wrote:
vivekvijayan wrote:
Hi ,

I have applied in round 2. Still waiting for a response from the school. Have any of the round two applicants got an invite for the interview yet?


Hi Vivekvijayan,

I applied in round2 and didn't hear anything from the school...



Hi graceyy26oung,

I guess we will just have to wait. They should come around this time. This anxiety is killing though. :x

Vivek

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 23

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jun 2014
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2015, 21:55
graceyy26oung/Vivekvijayan,

You guys heard anything on the interview invites yet?

Best,
Muthu

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2015
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2015, 08:28
mayemperumal wrote:
graceyy26oung/Vivekvijayan,

You guys heard anything on the interview invites yet?

Best,
Muthu


Not yet...still waiting. :roll: .. when did you submit your application?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jul 2013
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2015, 15:14
Hi,

I am still waiting for a response from the school. They should be sent some time this week.
Lets see.

uote="mayemperumal"]graceyy26oung/Vivekvijayan,

You guys heard anything on the interview invites yet?

Best,
Muthu[/quote]

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 23

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jun 2014
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2015, 21:45
graceyy26oung wrote:
mayemperumal wrote:
graceyy26oung/Vivekvijayan,

You guys heard anything on the interview invites yet?

Best,
Muthu


Not yet...still waiting. :roll: .. when did you submit your application?



Round 2 deadline.. fingers crossed..

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Sky is the limit
Affiliations: CIPS
Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 56

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 10

Location: United Arab Emirates
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2015, 03:33
Hey,

Congratz to the admits.

Anybody applying in R3? Does it make any sense for an Asian to apply in the final round?

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 10

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jul 2013
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2015, 20:09
Hi,

Has anybody heard anything from the school about round two interview invites.....I see no chatter about it anywhere. If the school has not sent the invites yet, the delay
Seems rather inordinate. Do post if u hear anything about it guys.
Vivek

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 23

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2015
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2015, 09:01
vivekvijayan wrote:
Hi,

Has anybody heard anything from the school about round two interview invites.....I see no chatter about it anywhere. If the school has not sent the invites yet, the delay
Seems rather inordinate. Do post if u hear anything about it guys.
Vivek


Hi Vivek,

I'm also waiting for something from the school... still no interview invite... It's almost one month already... do we need to contact with the school?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jul 2013
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2015, 23:01
Hey Guys,

I got the much awaited interview invite from Ross MSCM yesterday. I plan to schedule the interview on either the 10th or the 11th of June.


Vivek

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 23

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2015, 23:53
vivekvijayan wrote:
Hey Guys,

I got the much awaited interview invite from Ross MSCM yesterday. I plan to schedule the interview on either the 10th or the 11th of June.


Vivek


Congratulations on your interview invite. The interview spans for 20-25 minutes and mostly behavioral questions. So all the best.

Regards
Vaibhav

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016)   [#permalink] 29 May 2015, 23:53

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 69 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all applicants ROSS MSCM (Winter 2016)

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: carcass



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.