GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 01:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
2526272829301
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
303112345
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 33
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 01:22
mocchachino wrote:
Hi Guys,

Sorry for just being an observer till now. I too have been admitted to the college. I have 4 years of experience with a leading consulting firm.
I think I was the first one to submit the application and get admitted. I submitted my application in the first week of September and got interviewed a couple of weeks later in the MBA tour in Delhi.

Interview : face to face
Questions :

Starting with general MBA questions (Why MBA now? Why Rotman? What do you want to do in future? etc. ). This went on for around 20-25 minutes. The next half hour we had discussion regarding food habits and hobbies (Indian food, what dishes to try while in India, what restaurants, some recipes, Indian gaming scenario, As I played Age of Empires (somewhat professionally) there was a discussion around that, life for spouse, etc.) This other half of the discussion was the best part as we gathered a good audience peeping on our discussion (The interview was happening in the hotel lobby and random visitors had gathered around just to listen to the Indo-Canadian food war happening and various insights being shared :)) The interview ended with the standard question (any question for me? ).
She told me she will get back to me once she reaches Canada. I got the informal offer from the adcom as soon as the interviewer reached Canada and a few days later the official email arrived confirming about the offer and scholarship.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns and I can help solve them.

Thanks



Hey

First of all congratulations!

I was there at the MBA Tour event in Delhi that day too. I guess you must have met Ms. Lynda Paterson.

Could you tell us more about the interview, and any insights you may have got about the Consulting opportunities in Toronto? If you don't mind, could you also share the extent of scholarship you received?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2013
Posts: 5
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 02:05
So, they take a decision pretty quickly I guess.... Am I right?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 94
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 02:25
tushar2910 , mswami, mocchachino

Image
_________________

Important fact --> http://i.imgur.com/CKKBmmn.jpg

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2014
Posts: 8
GRE 1: Q168 V160
GPA: 3.89
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 02:37
bschool2k15 wrote:
tushar2910 , mswami,

Congrats on your admits guys! How did the interview go? Were you interviewed on skype or face to face? What were you asked?


My interview was via Skype since I am located at Dallas;TX ,US. Lasted 27 minutes . Questions were standard. why Rotman, Why now. In my case also specific questions on my internships, research experience, leadership exposure and summer study experience at London School of Economics.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 94
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 03:06
1
vedprashant wrote:
So, they take a decision pretty quickly I guess.... Am I right?

I think another variable is number of students applying at the time.

Response time directly proportional to candidates pool
_________________

Important fact --> http://i.imgur.com/CKKBmmn.jpg

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2013
Posts: 12
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 3.8
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 05:15
1
See if you ask the adcom about the consulting opportunities, they will give you the standard answer (what is already shown on their salary report). I think the job scenario depends on individual profiles. otherwise, from what I have heard from alumni there, it is on an average side... not more not less... competition is tough for consulting and relevant experience really counts...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 89
Schools: Rotman '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 05:40
mocchachino tushar2910 mswami,

I understand the behavioral questions - why mba? why rotman? what plans ahead?
What kind of question do they ask pertaining to work? Why change a job? what were your responsibilities?

Things like these?

Btw, has anyone received an interview invite yet?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2013
Posts: 12
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 3.8
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 05:56
bschool2k15 wrote:
mocchachino tushar2910 mswami,

I understand the behavioral questions - why mba? why rotman? what plans ahead?
What kind of question do they ask pertaining to work? Why change a job? what were your responsibilities?

Things like these?

Btw, has anyone received an interview invite yet?


Hi bschool2k15,

Yes we were indeed asked about our work experience and what sort of work we did. A typical debrief of your work profile, kind of work you do, kind of clients you serve and range of projects you have worked on was asked. Also, were there some challenging situations you faced in your work and how did you work around it? Plus, if there are any extra curricular activity you have done at your workplace.

I think all these questions feature in the standard MBA question list. and it will be really helpful if you just refer to the generic list of questions and have answers prepared to the most asked questions.
I will say this again, (As I had heard this from all the alumni and also experienced it myself) that Rotman adcom will not go beyong standard questions and not try to grill you. They will try to bring out the best in you, because eventually that is what they want.

Let me know if this suffices your query.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 89
Schools: Rotman '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 06:11
works well ! thanks man! :D
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 94
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 09:10
submitted my application yesterday.. now just sitting and ...

Image
_________________

Important fact --> http://i.imgur.com/CKKBmmn.jpg

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 May 2014
Posts: 29
Location: India
Schools: Rotman '17 (A)
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2014, 02:07
mocchachino wrote:
bschool2k15 wrote:
mocchachino tushar2910 mswami,

I understand the behavioral questions - why mba? why rotman? what plans ahead?
What kind of question do they ask pertaining to work? Why change a job? what were your responsibilities?

Things like these?

Btw, has anyone received an interview invite yet?


Hi bschool2k15,

Yes we were indeed asked about our work experience and what sort of work we did. A typical debrief of your work profile, kind of work you do, kind of clients you serve and range of projects you have worked on was asked. Also, were there some challenging situations you faced in your work and how did you work around it? Plus, if there are any extra curricular activity you have done at your workplace.

I think all these questions feature in the standard MBA question list. and it will be really helpful if you just refer to the generic list of questions and have answers prepared to the most asked questions.
I will say this again, (As I had heard this from all the alumni and also experienced it myself) that Rotman adcom will not go beyong standard questions and not try to grill you. They will try to bring out the best in you, because eventually that is what they want.

Let me know if this suffices your query.



Hi All,
Sorry for the late response.

Yes I agree with mocchachino, the admission committee tries to understand you, instead of grilling you, so prepare for your best profile and be focused on what you want from an MBA.
That should sail everyone through.

All the best to everyone !
Anyone else receive any more interview invites ?

I finally see the group has started showing activity ...! :)
Great ! :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Schools: Rotman '17 (A)
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2014, 03:20
Hi

I submitted my application on 3rd Nov and haven't received any official communication on successful submission or future plans for interview. I already spoke to rotman about my transcripts to be submitted later and they said it is fine and won't effect my chances.

Any body getting any official communication from them for Round 1 apps?


Regards
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 May 2014
Posts: 29
Location: India
Schools: Rotman '17 (A)
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2014, 04:05
parutaneja wrote:
Hi

I submitted my application on 3rd Nov and haven't received any official communication on successful submission or future plans for interview. I already spoke to rotman about my transcripts to be submitted later and they said it is fine and won't effect my chances.

Any body getting any official communication from them for Round 1 apps?


Regards


Hi,

I guess many people have received it. Looks like that from the forum.
Maybe, you could wait for some more time.

Patience .... :) hopeful for you to get a call.. All the best ! :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Sep 2013
Posts: 7
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2014, 19:48
mocchachino wrote:
Hi Guys,

Sorry for just being an observer till now. I too have been admitted to the college. I have 4 years of experience with a leading consulting firm.
I think I was the first one to submit the application and get admitted. I submitted my application in the first week of September and got interviewed a couple of weeks later in the MBA tour in Delhi.

Interview : face to face
Questions :

Starting with general MBA questions (Why MBA now? Why Rotman? What do you want to do in future? etc. ). This went on for around 20-25 minutes. The next half hour we had discussion regarding food habits and hobbies (Indian food, what dishes to try while in India, what restaurants, some recipes, Indian gaming scenario, As I played Age of Empires (somewhat professionally) there was a discussion around that, life for spouse, etc.) This other half of the discussion was the best part as we gathered a good audience peeping on our discussion (The interview was happening in the hotel lobby and random visitors had gathered around just to listen to the Indo-Canadian food war happening and various insights being shared :)) The interview ended with the standard question (any question for me? ).
She told me she will get back to me once she reaches Canada. I got the informal offer from the adcom as soon as the interviewer reached Canada and a few days later the official email arrived confirming about the offer and scholarship.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns and I can help solve them.

Thanks


Hi Mocchachino, Tushar

Congrats!

I got admitted as well! Received an email yesterday night. Official email and package still to be received. However, I have one question. Scholarship info was not present in yesterday's mail. Should I expect that it would be there in the official mail? How did it happen for you guys?
If any of you guys are in Delhi, do let me know, we could catch up!

For all fellow gmatclubians
My background, I'll have 4 years of experience in Consulting and Banking by the time I start at Rotman, and I am an engineer by education. I'd be happy to answer any question related to admission process, interview, etc.

Good luck!
:)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 89
Schools: Rotman '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2014, 20:02
bschoolboy,

congratulations! when did your interview take place?
the same ritual please - interview questions? experience?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Sep 2013
Posts: 7
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2014, 20:24
1
Interview took place on 11th nov.
Questions - Behavioral in nature
Walk me through your profile? Why Rotman, why banking (it's my desired industry post mba), any incidence of failure? strength? etc..
Experience - Will have 4 years into banking and consulting by the time I start mba
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2013
Posts: 83
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2014, 01:55
bschoolboy wrote:
Interview took place on 11th nov.
Questions - Behavioral in nature
Walk me through your profile? Why Rotman, why banking (it's my desired industry post mba), any incidence of failure? strength? etc..
Experience - Will have 4 years into banking and consulting by the time I start mba


Hey... where are you located? India?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Sep 2013
Posts: 7
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.7
Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2014, 05:04
abhirupmishra wrote:
bschoolboy wrote:
Interview took place on 11th nov.
Questions - Behavioral in nature
Walk me through your profile? Why Rotman, why banking (it's my desired industry post mba), any incidence of failure? strength? etc..
Experience - Will have 4 years into banking and consulting by the time I start mba


Hey... where are you located? India?


Yes. Delhi.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 89
Schools: Rotman '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2014, 09:30
bschoolboy,

The interview took place on 11th and you were admitted by 13th! God, rotman guys are fast !
Who took your interview? Members of the adcom or any second year student?
Also, are face to face interviews being conducted or are these just skype interviews? I heard that the adcom travels during mba fairs and conducts these interviews too!

btw, glad that delhi people are getting calls! waiting for mine now :p
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2013
Posts: 12
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 3.8
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2014, 23:42
bschoolboy wrote:
abhirupmishra wrote:
bschoolboy wrote:
Interview took place on 11th nov.
Questions - Behavioral in nature
Walk me through your profile? Why Rotman, why banking (it's my desired industry post mba), any incidence of failure? strength? etc..
Experience - Will have 4 years into banking and consulting by the time I start mba


Hey... where are you located? India?


Yes. Delhi.


Hi mate...

Congrats for the offer. And its glad to know that there are more people from Delhi who are going to Rotman (I am currently in Gurgaon, so lets catch up someday). By the way, the scholarship information is given in the email as well as the official mail. I don't know if they have missed it or something but they give you full information in every informal or formal mail they send out.


Also, I have a million dollar question for all you guys... ISB or Rotman? (got an offer yesterday from ISB-Hyderabad)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017 &nbs [#permalink] 14 Nov 2014, 23:42

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  19    Next  [ 363 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.