GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 20:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Schools: Rotman '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2014, 00:06
mocchachino whoa! that's one situation to be in ! congrats!

Anyway, here are my 2 cents on this. If you want a better education, a change of workplace environment and are willing to struggle a bit to find a job - go to rotman! Excellent infrastructure, great curriculum, and a more diverse and international network. The downside is that its not easy to land jobs in canada irrespective of which school you graduate from.

India - well great career progress, great placements, 100% secured ROI, international faculty but very limited on diversity i.e hardly any international students!

Somebody whose studying in Canada said this and I quote " I'll rank Singapore, India, US, Australia and then Canada - in terms of job security. Given a chance, I won't come back to XYZ university and Canada. " It might be his opinion or a general opinion among students studying there - I give you no guarantee on that.
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2014, 05:05
bschool2k15 wrote:
mocchachino whoa! that's one situation to be in ! congrats!

Anyway, here are my 2 cents on this. If you want a better education, a change of workplace environment and are willing to struggle a bit to find a job - go to rotman! Excellent infrastructure, great curriculum, and a more diverse and international network. The downside is that its not easy to land jobs in canada irrespective of which school you graduate from.

India - well great career progress, great placements, 100% secured ROI, international faculty but very limited on diversity i.e hardly any international students!

Somebody whose studying in Canada said this and I quote " I'll rank Singapore, India, US, Australia and then Canada - in terms of job security. Given a chance, I won't come back to XYZ university and Canada. " It might be his opinion or a general opinion among students studying there - I give you no guarantee on that.

Well said...

I think personally u need to know where u see urself after completing the degree i.e. long term living in India or Canada. Also how much money / loan is a constrain for you as a student when attending school. IMO the decision is solely yours and I have known people study in US and UK and returning to India for work.

Important fact --> http://i.imgur.com/CKKBmmn.jpg

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Rotman '17
Reviews Badge
Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2014, 07:11
mswami wrote:
Got admission. Received email confirmation. Admission package being sent to my address. Know of anyone else admitted without having full time work experience like me?

Congratulations to all of you who received admission!
That was really fast.

May I ask what you received in the financial aid package -- approximately how much?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2014, 09:43
anyone in chennai invited for interview?
Intern
Intern
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2014, 04:38
Hi All,

Just an FYI.

All the best to those who are researching,applying or have been interviewed. I hope you all get through. :)

For those who are selected and in future, get selected, and decide on Rotman, please do PM me ...We can be part of the
Facebook's "Rotman Full Time MBA Class of 2017" group.

See you there ! :)

Thanks.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2014, 09:08
Guys, has anyone received interview invites? I am freaking out a bit here.
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2014, 09:21
bschool2k15 wrote:
Guys, has anyone received interview invites? I am freaking out a bit here.

When did u submit ur application? I know Linda is travelling and barely has time to review applications for now. Also she has been busy taking interviews while on QS tour to India.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2014, 09:36
I submitted my application on the 3rd. Is she interviewing for R1?
If the adcom is interviewing Indian candidates in person, does it mean no more interview calls for India?
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2014, 09:48
bschool2k15 wrote:
I submitted my application on the 3rd. Is she interviewing for R1?
If the adcom is interviewing Indian candidates in person, does it mean no more interview calls for India?

I think she is still reviewing and interviewing R1 candidates... Still got hope for R1.

When I asked her regarding my app, which was submitted on 11th, she said - she has a big stack from R1 to review and revert so my app will take a little time.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Leadership
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2014, 10:16
Hi All,

I submitted my application on Nov 1, received an interview invite on Nov 10, and was interviewed on Nov 17. It went pretty well, similar interview questions as mentioned by others on this thread. Career aspirations, why MBA, why Rotman, etc. I am now just waiting for a response. *crossing fingers*
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2014, 11:13
Hi AlooChaat,

Were you interviewed face to face or via Skype ? Did a member of adcom interview you ? What did they say, when will they let you know ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2014, 12:01
I actually live in Toronto so I interviewed with adcom in person on campus. They said I should know within a week.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2014, 05:26
Hey Guys, I submitted my app on Nov 2 and Got interview on Nov 4. The reason being I am located in New York and adcom was visiting here. They gave me an option for in-person interview in 2 days or on skype later. So dont worry, there will be interviews on skype.

As per interview, standard questions about resume, achievement, team dynamics,how at ease in networking and what is successful mba to me. As it is said in email, take it as job interview and prepare behavioral round of it.

Profile : Indian, 6 Year work ex, 720 gmat
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2014, 09:41
hsbatth wrote:
Hey Guys, I submitted my app on Nov 2 and Got interview on Nov 4. The reason being I am located in New York and adcom was visiting here. They gave me an option for in-person interview in 2 days or on skype later. So dont worry, there will be interviews on skype.

As per interview, standard questions about resume, achievement, team dynamics,how at ease in networking and what is successful mba to me. As it is said in email, take it as job interview and prepare behavioral round of it.

all the best hsbatth!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2014, 23:30
hsbatth wrote:

All the best AlooChaat and hsbatth !! :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2014, 20:13
Hey guys,

As I was going thru the forum, I didn't find any case of an overseas applicant (other than India) being invited for skype interview, so i thought i would share mine

GMAT: 710
Exp: IT process consulting (3yrs by next september)

Applied on Nov 3rd
Received interview invitation on Nov 21st
Had the interview on Nov 24th
Expecting to hear back by next week at the latest (quote from the interviewer)

It seems to me once the interview invitation is sent, it's a rather quick process straight through to final decision. so for those of you getting anxious, I wouldn't worry so much.

As far as the interview itself goes, a very typical behavioral + MBA interview. Why Rotman, why now, what's your biggest accomplishment, tell us about a time you used your networking skills, so on and so forth. Nothing that hasn't come up in the forum. BTW, it was done in a really relaxed, casual setting.

As witih others, fingers crossed!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2014, 23:18
gychoo wrote:
Hey guys,

As I was going thru the forum, I didn't find any case of an overseas applicant (other than India) being invited for skype interview, so i thought i would share mine

Applied on Nov 3rd

It seems to me once the interview invitation is sent, it's a rather quick process straight through to final decision. so for those of you getting anxious, I wouldn't worry so much.

As far as the interview itself goes, a very typical behavioral + MBA interview. Why Rotman, why now, what's your biggest accomplishment, tell us about a time you used your networking skills, so on and so forth. Nothing that hasn't come up in the forum. BTW, it was done in a really relaxed, casual setting.

Hi gychoo,

Welcome to the Rotman Discussion. You see a lot of Indians here because there will be a lot of Indians in the class too. 1/3rd Canadians, 1/3rd Indians & 1/3rd the rest of the world!
Which part of the world are you from?

And you can expect the decisions to slow down a bit now, I think Rotman will like to sit on the interviews, analyze the applications that they have received and then start sending offers. Nevertheless, all the best to you!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2014, 05:12
gychoo wrote:
Hey guys,

Applied on Nov 3rd

All the best Gychoo !!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2014, 07:33
tushar2910 wrote:
gychoo wrote:
Hey guys,

Applied on Nov 3rd

All the best Gychoo !!!

So it was a rather quick turnaround for me!

Heard back from my interviewer today (so that's one day after the interview) - got admission with $20,000 scholarship.

Thank all of you who wished me luck, fingers crossed for you guys as well!
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2014, 07:35
That is amazing news Gychoo! Congratulations! I am still waiting patiently, been over a week now.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017 &nbs [#permalink] 25 Nov 2014, 07:35

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  19    Next  [ 363 posts ] 

Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap