Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 17:50 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 17:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.65
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2393 [0]
Given Kudos: 355
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V47
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
Re: Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
It would be interesting to see a breakout of interviews based on who did an essay and who did a presentation. I did an essay, and my buddy at booth said that from what he can tell way less essays get in than presentations.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
Send PM
Does booth waitlist people or directly dings?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.02
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
bab5200 wrote:
It would be interesting to see a breakout of interviews based on who did an essay and who did a presentation. I did an essay, and my buddy at booth said that from what he can tell way less essays get in than presentations.

I did an essay. I didn't have enough photos of myself and am not a creative person at all, plus I felt that I needed to do an essay to argue my case essentially, because my application in itself IMO didn't hold up on its own. I think they just get a lot less essays than presentations probably, and also believe that they don't care which you do.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [5]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Kudos
Guys don't lose hope...
Just checked last year's thread (yeah I'm that worried). 7 members mentioned invites on the day before the last. While 26 mentioned it on the last day. I think the majority of invites get out on the last day!!
Also, today only 7 mentioned getting invites. Let's hope this is the case for this year!

Good luck everyone!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2393 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
mhk24 wrote:
Guys don't lose hope...
Just checked last year's thread (yeah I'm that worried). 7 members mentioned invites on the day before the last. While 26 mentioned it on the last day. I think the majority of invites get out on the last day!!
Also, today only 7 mentioned getting invites. Let's hope this is the case for this year!

Good luck everyone!

Don't stop....belie-ving....

C'mon baby one more day!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [3]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Kudos
jlgdr wrote:
Devon wrote:
jlgdr wrote:

We don't know but we're probably better off expecting a nice DING

Why are you so concerned? You have a CBS invite...

Not concerned, just dissapointed cause I would have expected an invite at least but it doesn't really change my overall plan that much

Don't mean to sound arrogant or something... But don't you think by not dropping your other apps, you're taking a interview/admit spot of some other people in every other school you're applying to? I know it's not like they have a specific number of invites but you know what I mean...
I'm sorry but that's just how I see it.

Originally posted by mhk24 on 23 Oct 2014, 12:30.
Last edited by mhk24 on 23 Oct 2014, 12:34, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
mhk24 wrote:
Guys don't lose hope...

Good luck everyone!

Love the optimism!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.02
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
jlgdr wrote:
mhk24 wrote:
Guys don't lose hope...

Good luck everyone!

Don't stop....belie-ving....

C'mon baby one more day!!

Then you get to start all over with Wharton. :wink:
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
I'm not the one making the calls here, the adcom is the one who picks the best candidates so why would I drop my offer for someone else? If someone else has a better fit for the program than me then I respect that but this is about making the most efficient decisions and maximize the interest of everybody who's participating. One could argue others that get accepted and ecide to drop their offers to go to another school. It's the same principle. The only fair deal is that you pay your application fee to be evaluated in the same conditions and other candidates. Other decisions after or in-between are part of the game.

Hope that explains!

Cheers
J :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
I did an essay, got an invite.

Also to the question floating around about how many folks who get interviews end up getting admitted, the below P&Q article sheds some light with credible sources/stats, albeit a little dated:

https://poetsandquants.com/2011/02/14/wh ... ago-booth/

Originally posted by KarmaChameleon on 23 Oct 2014, 12:47.
Last edited by KarmaChameleon on 23 Oct 2014, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2393 [0]
Send PM
Haha I bet!!

mhk24 don't worry my friend, we're all going to get in and everything will be fine, I promise I won't be stealing your spot! :)

Originally posted by jlgdr on 23 Oct 2014, 12:47.
Last edited by jlgdr on 23 Oct 2014, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
jlgdr wrote:
I'm not the one making the calls here, the adcom is the one who picks the best candidates so why would I drop my offer for someone else? If someone else has a better fit for the program than me then I respect that but this is about making the most efficient decisions and maximize the interest of everybody who's participating. One could argue others that get accepted and ecide to drop their offers to go to another school. It's the same principle. The only fair deal is that you pay your application fee to be evaluated in the same conditions and other candidates. Other decisions after or in-between are part of the game.

Hope that explains!

Cheers

that's not an explanation for me at all.

the adcom makes the choice from what is available, but de-facto you're not available.

"this is about aking most efficient decisions" - do you consider it to be efficient when a person who deserves a spot loses it just because someone doesn't remove himself from the list on time? Do you think it's efficint to spend time revieing a profile of a person who will not matriculate anyway?

the difference between you and the other guy who drops one school for another is that he/she probably can't react on time, to give someone else the chance, as he/she receives two ir more offers simultaneously or is undecided on what school to pick. it isnt the case with you as I understand.

the app fee you paid is not the fee for assessment of your app - the great chunk of that fee is the price of the option to pursue your dream and change your life. You dont need that option from Booth anymore, but some other guy whose spot you'll probably take desperately needs that option. You steal and waste his in-the-money option.

Originally posted by lennoxRU on 23 Oct 2014, 13:05.
Last edited by lennoxRU on 23 Oct 2014, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
lennoxRU wrote:
jlgdr wrote:

Hope that explains!

Cheers

the adcom makes the choice from what is available, but de-facto you're not available.

"this is about aking most efficient decisions" - do you consider it to be efficient when a person who deserves a spot loses it just because someone doesn't remove himself from the list on time? Do you think it's efficint to spend time revieing a profile of a person who will not matriculate anyway?

the difference between you and the other guy who drops one school for another is that he/she probably can't react on time, to give someone else the chance, as he/she receives two ir more offers simultaneously or is undecided on what school to pick. it isnt the case with you as I understand.

the app fee you paid is not the fee for assessment of your app - the great chunk of that fee is the price of the option to pursue your dream and change your life. You dont need that option from Booth anymore, but some other guy whose spot you'll probably take desperately needs that option.

Dude listen I respect your position but I don't wish to enter into debating here because its neither the place nor the time to do so. I'm concerned about tomorrow and would rather focus my energies there. I only answered mhk24 question for education

Take care and no hard feelings!

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
jlgdr wrote:
lennoxRU wrote:
jlgdr wrote:

Hope that explains!

Cheers

the app fee you paid is not the fee for assessment of your app - the great chunk of that fee is the price of the option to pursue your dream and change your life. You dont need that option from Booth anymore, but some other guy whose spot you'll probably take desperately needs that option.

Dude listen I respect your position but I don't wish to enter into debating here because its neither the place nor the time to do so. I'm concerned about tomorrow and would rather focus my energies there. I only answered mhk24 question for education

Take care and no hard feelings!

Cheers

While we are piling on, why did you remove HBS from your list of schools after the ding rather than list it as rejected. Isn't it a service to the community to input accurate information?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [3]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GPA: 2.57
Send PM
Kudos
can we go back to rooting each other on? lol. bring back the spirit of optimism and all that jazz. it's a forum. relax.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [3]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Yes please. Good luck to all. I don't give a **** about others and their application at this moment. Either I get in or I don't. One guy is not going to make a difference to my chances. Also there is a wait list for the same reason.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
mhk24 wrote:
jlgdr wrote:
Not concerned, just dissapointed cause I would have expected an invite at least but it doesn't really change my overall plan that much

Don't mean to sound arrogant or something... But don't you think by not dropping your other apps, you're taking a interview/admit spot of some other people in every other school you're applying to? I know it's not like they have a specific number of invites but you know what I mean...
I'm sorry but that's just how I see it.

It is absolutely his right to continue exploring other options. This is a competitive process and we should all do what is right for us. We're all here on these forums to support each other positively but that doesn't mean anyone needs to give up an opportunity or make a faster decision to 'play nice'. It will have absolutely no affect on who eventually attends the school, eventually people will need to make and drop their other applications.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  92   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts