Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:35 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Ross 2013
GPA: 3.85
WE 1: Pharmaceutical industry 5 years, C level
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 689 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
Schools:CBS, Wharton, LBS, Kellogg
GMAT 2: 760  Q49  V46
GPA: 1.5
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
Been invited to interview.

Submitted on the 17th of September (mods pls correct on the excel)
Reccos submitted on 22nd of September.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools:CBS, Wharton, LBS, Kellogg
GMAT 2: 760  Q49  V46
GPA: 1.5
Send PM
serhio wrote:
congratulations!!!
when did you submit your application? couldn`t find it

There are two entries right at the bottom of the sheet..
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
co2012 wrote:
Just received an interview invite. ED Applicant (added my profile to the spreadsheet). I'm currently visiting the Middle East and will be interviewing in Dubai.

Good luck all!

Same here. Received an invite this morning.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:ISB(Waitlisted) INSEAD(interview) Kellogg(Re-applicant i/w last time) Johnson(Re-applicant i/w last time) IESE(Re-applicant i/w last time)
 Q49  V38
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 4
Send PM
Randomness wrote:
I received my score in only 7 days. Usually it takes about 2 weeks. So Just be hopeful and write TOEFL. There is nothing much we can do. Mine also never went under review. It was with status getting readied for review and then changed to incomplete.

Finally my app is under review.. It was a long wait...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Finally under review. Submitted on the 6th. Please count me in for ED.
Waiting for the invite~
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: 3Y IB
WE 2: 3Y Non-profit Healthcare
Send PM
greenchicken wrote:
testprep2010 wrote:
what does this mean?::
Your Regular Decision application will be placed under review in December 2010.

does it mean we will not hear from them till december? and that we may not be getting an interview or is this the regular step before interview?

regular decision apps won't be looked at until december.

I was looking through last year's thread. Last year, Columbia said that they would begin to review RD applications beginning January 6th. Starting on January 6th, RD applicants started to report interview invites and dings. Columbia goes through applications in the order they were received but w/i two weeks of January 6th last year, applicants who submitted in late December were reporting results. I'm assuming that they have moved this process up from Jan 6th to the December timeframe but not sure what the exact implications are for communicating decisions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
 Q45  V42
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
congrats to all the guys who have interview invites! nt the best feeling to see ppl for ED get interview calls when ur an international student still waiting to hear abt j-term (nothing to do wit ur i/v calls, which are actually fantastic, just my side of the story!)

only solace i can take is tht i hav nt been dinged yet,,,so guess am one of those borderline cases where they adopt a wait-and-watch and go thru the rest of the pile to see if thre r ppl better than me! now only if they stopped using the std "8 to 12 weeks" line and applied summ common sense when talkin to students. wonder wt an intl j-term applicant who applied on deadline day of Oct 6 make off them saying, we'l take 8 to 12 weeks to get back to u!!! :roll:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How many seats available fo J term of 2012? [#permalink]
I saw 80+ people joined the CBS J term 2012 facebook group. Does CBS have 120 seats for the J term or even less? I also heard rumor saying that CBS is cutting down class size for J-termers. Not sure if its true or not. I am asking b/c I just submitted my application 2 weeks ago and now invited to an interview. I am afraid there are not many seats left for the J term class. Would appreciate your insights. Thanks much! :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: How many seats available fo J term of 2012? [#permalink]
Bschoolpanda wrote:
I saw 80+ people joined the CBS J term 2012 facebook group. Does CBS have 120 seats for the J term or even less? I also heard rumor saying that CBS is cutting down class size for J-termers. Not sure if its true or not. I am asking b/c I just submitted my application 2 weeks ago and now invited to an interview. I am afraid there are not many seats left for the J term class. Would appreciate your insights. Thanks much! :(

So you got an interview invite and you're wondering if they have a spot for you? To be honest, i wouldn't even think about that before the interview and focus my attention on knocking that interview out of the park!

If your interview goes well and you get accepted, would you still care if there are enough J-term spots?

Edit: Congrats on the interview invite :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I applied for the J-term on Oct 5th. My application has been under review for sometime now. Is it time to think that I am not in and move on?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy Consulting
Schools:HEC Paris, , Tepper
Send PM
I have a guts feeling that none of the people who have applied in October (many of us on the deadline Oct 6th) has yet received an invite for the interview. All of the people posting about their progress towards the next step were September (or earlier) applicants. - Am I correct? Has anyone who applied in October (for J or S term) already received an invite?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats gkumar and adarbari.. I was building a theory to explain "almostfamous" (post above this one) that if you applied earlier, you will get the interview earlier.. so far that has been the trend.. more or less..

but someone submitting the app on the 30th and getting an interview has uprooted my theory because I applied on the 19th.. now i am little apprehensive ..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
but my feeling from yesterday holds that we are going to hear a lot of people post about their invites today and tomorrow :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
ED applicant and got an internview invite today!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
almostfamous wrote:
I have a guts feeling that none of the people who have applied in October (many of us on the deadline Oct 6th) has yet received an invite for the interview. All of the people posting about their progress towards the next step were September (or earlier) applicants. - Am I correct? Has anyone who applied in October (for J or S term) already received an invite?

Almost-famous,

I applied on 09/22. Looking at the Google docs spreadsheet, I was expecting to hear back rite about now. I heard back exactly a month later on 10/21. Given Columbia's rolling admission, I was expecting that they would be working on all applications submitted around the same time. But gkumar applied on 09/30 - maybe ad-com is working in blocks of 7-10 days (i.e. all applications between 09/20-09/30).

I think the people who applied in early Oct are going to be in the next wave of invitees. The J-term scheme is a mystery to me, I never looked into it so I cannot knowledgeably comment on it (and would hate to speculate and cause anxiety).

Hang tight my friend. Columbia interview's 49% of the applicants and I hope you get an invite soon.

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
cricketbeatsrugby wrote:
co2012 wrote:
Just received an interview invite. ED Applicant (added my profile to the spreadsheet). I'm currently visiting the Middle East and will be interviewing in Dubai.

Good luck all!

That's awesome dude! I work in the Middle East (Qatar).

Thanks bud!

Qatar is an awesome city, congrats on your job there. There's something uniquely comforting (stress free) about being in the Middle East. Can't put my finger on any one thing, its a combination of factors.

Though I am biased, I spent all my childhood in this region. Good luck with the apps/interviews!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Concentration: Strategy Consulting
Schools:HEC Paris, , Tepper
Send PM
co2012 wrote:
almostfamous wrote:

Almost-famous,

I applied on 09/22. Looking at the Google docs spreadsheet, I was expecting to hear back rite about now. I heard back exactly a month later on 10/21. Given Columbia's rolling admission, I was expecting that they would be working on all applications submitted around the same time. But gkumar applied on 09/30 - maybe ad-com is working in blocks of 7-10 days (i.e. all applications between 09/20-09/30).

I think the people who applied in early Oct are going to be in the next wave of invitees. The J-term scheme is a mystery to me, I never looked into it so I cannot knowledgeably comment on it (and would hate to speculate and cause anxiety).

Hang tight my friend. Columbia interview's 49% of the applicants and I hope you get an invite soon.

Cheers!

Hi Co2012,

Thanks for the briefing. It's great to know. I sent my application on Oct 6th (EA, S-term),
so I could be in the next bunch..?!

I notice that CBS states that an interview is NOT mandatory for an admission. I wonder, whether it is a theoretical interview waiver, or a significant number of applicants get accepted without interview.

Does anyone know/have an experience being admitted to CBS without an interview?

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  82   83   84   85   86  ...  198