Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:06 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Brand Management
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q45  V44
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Business
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2013
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Real Estate Development & Finance / Social Enterprise
Schools:Columbia, NYU, USC
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Architecture and Urban Design Firm / 3yrs
WE 2: International Development NGO / 1 yr
WE 3: Non-Profit Community Development Corporation / 2yrs
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Brand Management
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q45  V44
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
formandstructure wrote:
since this thread has been so beneficial to my own peace of mind re: the admissions process, i thought i'd chime in with my own status. thanks to all who posted before, it has been really helpful in navigating the admissions process. to those who have been dinged, i feel for you. to those who are still waiting, don't lose hope!

it's obvious to me that my numbers and stats are not very impressive (as you can see in my profile), so i'm very surprised at the recent posters who have been dinged in the past week. my timeline has been as follows: i submitted on 1/5, underwent review on 1/21, and have yet to hear any response from cbs thus far.

i'm coming from an architecture/non-profit background and made it very clear in my essays that an mba would help me make a necessary career shift. i think it's this background that has kept my application from being waived, so to all those who are considering reapplying, i think the essays are key, key, key. here's hoping to good news.

I agree with this assessment. I don't have impressive stats either, and I think it was my essays that persuaded them. . . Best of luck!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Wharton/Lauder - Class of 2013
Send PM
josiebella wrote:
formandstructure wrote:
since this thread has been so beneficial to my own peace of mind re: the admissions process, i thought i'd chime in with my own status. thanks to all who posted before, it has been really helpful in navigating the admissions process. to those who have been dinged, i feel for you. to those who are still waiting, don't lose hope!

it's obvious to me that my numbers and stats are not very impressive (as you can see in my profile), so i'm very surprised at the recent posters who have been dinged in the past week. my timeline has been as follows: i submitted on 1/5, underwent review on 1/21, and have yet to hear any response from cbs thus far.

i'm coming from an architecture/non-profit background and made it very clear in my essays that an mba would help me make a necessary career shift. i think it's this background that has kept my application from being waived, so to all those who are considering reapplying, i think the essays are key, key, key. here's hoping to good news.

I agree with this assessment. I don't have impressive stats either, and I think it was my essays that persuaded them. . . Best of luck!

I second that! Awesome, thoughtful essays + timing. I never knew that submitting after December was tough until I start this whole process. But I was painfully aware that admissions is rolling and the sooner you get in your application, the better.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
Columbia was my best app by far (and I have a non-trad background), but, my timeline is as such:

Submit: Jan.23
Review: Jan.31
Response:??

I have pretty much all but given up hope, but I will re-apply this summer for class of 2014.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 3: 760
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 5 yrs
Send PM
Hi All, did anyone who applied around 1/5 get on the waitlist w/o interview?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Joint JD/MBA
Schools:Columbia University
Send PM
Interview complete on 2/14, starting to stress. If I don't hear today or tomorrow should I consider my application dead?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Haas, Anderson, Columbia
Send PM
submitted: 1/5
under review: 1/21
Ding: 3/1

good luck if you'r still waiting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
NYER wrote:
Interview complete on 2/14, starting to stress. If I don't hear today or tomorrow should I consider my application dead?

No, there are several of us who went interview complete in late January or early February who are still waiting. Very few acceptances or denials post interview have been reported since mid January.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bdubs wrote:
NYER wrote:

No, there are several of us who went interview complete in late January or early February who are still waiting. Very few acceptances or denials post interview have been reported since mid January.

Oh okay, thanks. I was under the impression that the typical timeline is two weeks, so I was getting anxious.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
 Q47  V38
GPA: 3.52
WE 1: 5 yr Big Four
WE 2: 0.5 yr IB
Send PM
Kudos
Being a former auditor at Deloitte, I thought I'd do a little digging and I checked last year's forum - "Calling All CBS 2010 Applicants". Based on my review, i have some good news and really bad news..

The good news- people were getting invited for interviews well into March and April and were getting acceptances well into the summer - July even.

The bad news- people were getting invited for interviews well into March and April and were getting acceptances well into the summer - July even. :( Meaning that the waiting could continue for months!!!!!!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
:-D

dw21 wrote:
Being a former auditor at Deloitte, I thought I'd do a little digging and I checked last year's forum - "Calling All CBS 2010 Applicants". Based on my review, i have some good news and really bad news..

The good news- people were getting invited for interviews well into March and April and were getting acceptances well into the summer - July even.

The bad news- people were getting invited for interviews well into March and April and were getting acceptances well into the summer - July even. :( Meaning that the waiting could continue for months!!!!!!!!!!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GPA: 2.86
Send PM
1/4 apply, 1/19 under review, 3/1 ding
730 GMAT, 2.9 GPA cu engineering, 5 years WE telecom consulting

what really hurts is that this is the only school I had time to apply to and really only wanted, and it took everything I had energy wise. i feel kind of sick...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entertainment & Media
Schools:USC (in!!!), NYU (Waitlist)
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Just got dinged... :(

Submitted 1/5
Under Review 1/21

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
dw21 wrote:

Following dw21's example, I did a little "audit" digging of my own. Looking at the thread from last year, people who interviewed in late January/Early Feb received decisions the 2nd week of March. If past results is any indication of future performance...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cunit2k5 wrote:
1/4 apply, 1/19 under review, 3/1 ding
730 GMAT, 2.9 GPA cu engineering, 5 years WE telecom consulting

what really hurts is that this is the only school I had time to apply to and really only wanted, and it took everything I had energy wise. i feel kind of sick...

Sorry to hear that. Try again next year and apply earlier, you never know. Just know that nothing is over.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Cassiopeia wrote:
dw21 wrote:

Following dw21's example, I did a little "audit" digging of my own. Looking at the thread from last year, people who interviewed in late January/Early Feb received decisions the 2nd week of March. If past results is any indication of future performance...

Wow, they really slow down after January decisions roll out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:All R2 - Booth(attending w/$), Kellogg(WL w/int then ding), CBS(ding w/int), Harvard(ding), NYU(admit), UCLA PT(admit), USC PT(admit)
GMAT 2: 710
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
I'm super anxious and a bit frustrated too.

And while it would have been nice for AdCom to have stated in an obvious way that submitting on Jan 5th was going to put me at a disadvantage, the self-evaluating side of me also knows that had I visited the school, researched all the forums, and attended admissions events (all with plenty of advanced notice), that fact would have become more apparent and I would have submitted earlier. I'm sure CBS and all schools want applicants who are very passionate about their schools, and gathering all the information about their schools early on (even the information that isn't so easy to find) is definitely a way to demonstrate that.

It's not impossible for later applicants (like myself) to get admitted, but definitely more difficult.

Submitted on the 5th, under review on the 13th, is there anyone else out there who went under review as early as I did?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got the ding.
International/7 years WE/770/3.9/119 TOEFL.
Quite surprising, actually. :shock:
Good luck to all of you still in the race!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  180   181   182   183   184  ...  198